Preview 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Friday 9th October, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I said get the crap out of his game and that crap is head high bumps. He needs to lower in in this instance tackle which most likely got us a free. You are clutching. Do you want me to show you the first post on this topic where I said it’s a fine

I'd personally much rather see Long cracking ribs and sternums than catching guys high ... however, I was pretty disgusted to see him being labelled a "Maniac" in the media, when it was a pure football incident, split-second action, rather than a pre-meditated, deliberate cheap-shot behind the play. Not like he ran in from 20 metres, with absolute intent to play the man, swung a fist, or jumped into the player, leading with his elbow.

He definitely needs to improve his technique - my view is it's much better to smash the wind out of the guy, leave him trying to suck air in for 2-3 minutes and get to the sideline, while we run with a loose man, but he's not a maniac, and absolutely this will be an utter farce if it isn't downgraded.

The big boy was good on the weekend , i think that was the best game he has played for us in a long time
I reckon nearly everyone of Josh Bruce's opponents have had good weeks in 2020. I reckon Dougal on Lynch works in our favour anyway, he'll try and provide rebound, and given how quick he is that hamstring of Lynch's will get a great workout.
I'd nearly pick Marsh to play on Riewoldt. He strikes me as the kind of bloke that you tell to do a job and he just does it.

No concussion test has to equal low impact

That's unfair, he wasn't concussed but it severely impacted his ability to milk free kicks by dropping his head and knees into tackles. He was also limited in his ability to pick up 40 pissy one-two possessions that make him an ideal fantasy footy player. Stat-padding free-milkers get a tough run.

This is such a dumb take. We were on top towards the end of the 2nd and 3rd right? Who's to say we wouldn't of been even further in front. Cornes tries far to hard to be controversial.

It's a pretty good take then, keeps Dogs feeling salty and Saints feeling salty at the same time. Epic troll-work IMO.

I fear we are going to be conservative and ask Coffield/Wilkie to cover Riewoldt, leaving Martin to Paton. Ratten has not backed in any of those second rung defenders at any point this year even with Carlisle out, so I find it hard to see him doing it now. Hope I'm wrong though.

That's unfair, he wasn't concussed but it severely impacted his ability to milk free kicks by dropping his head and knees into tackles. He was also limited in his ability to pick up 40 pissy one-two possessions that make him an ideal fantasy footy player. Stat-padding free-milkers get a tough run.
:tearsofjoy:

I reckon nearly everyone of Josh Bruce's opponents have had good weeks in 2020. I reckon Dougal on Lynch works in our favour anyway, he'll try and provide rebound, and given how quick he is that hamstring of Lynch's will get a great workout.
I'd nearly pick Marsh to play on Riewoldt. He strikes me as the kind of bloke that you tell to do a job and he just does it.
I like your thinking , i think Marsh has got lost while trying to play as a forward and mid , like you said tell him to wear Jack like a glove and he could do the job i think , Wilke for Caddy or Dusty ,

He had 3 in the 1st, 6 in the 2nd, 6 in the 3rd and 5 in the 4th…

I'm going out on a limb and would say that the more Long hits Macrae, the better he gets.

It's a pretty good take then, keeps Dogs feeling salty and Saints feeling salty at the same time. Epic troll-work IMO.
I mean that’s Kane’s mo. Trying to get dans on both sides feeling salty. Lmao

I fear we are going to be conservative and ask Coffield/Wilkie to cover Riewoldt, leaving Martin to Paton. Ratten has not backed in any of those second rung defenders at any point this year even with Carlisle out, so I find it hard to see him doing it now. Hope I'm wrong though.
Paton wont be able to handle Dusty , he is way too strong , 14kg weight difference

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like your thinking , i think Marsh has got lost while trying to play as a forward and mid , like you said tell him to wear Jack like a glove and he could do the job i think , Wilke for Caddy or Dusty ,
The more I think of it Marsh to JRoo could end up a selection master stroke!! Our backline would probably be the quickest backline to ever take the field!! If like you said he plays a tight role on JRoo it could work out very well.

Don't know what we would do for the relief ruck tho - you normally wouldn't want a defender doing it. Could King do it?

We could then bring in another mid or forward like a Bytel, Hind, Parker, Dunstan

Macrae only got 1 free kick so he was down on his usual free kick output. Wallis and Daniel did their best to pick up the slack with 7 free kicks but it wasn't enough.

The more I think of it Marsh to JRoo could end up a selection master stroke!! Our backline would probably be the quickest backline to ever take the field!! If like you said he plays a tight role on JRoo it could work out very well.

Don't know what we would do for the relief ruck tho - you normally wouldn't want a defender doing it. Could King do it?

We could then bring in another mid or forward like a Bytel, Hind, Parker, Dunstan
I’d let Romma go as long as he can in the ruck & Membrey/Battle/Ming take the FWD 50 hit outs and the chop outs in the middle when required.

We might not win but I do not want to die wondering or go silently into the night.
Nor will we. Regardless of the result we can be sure our boys will give it their all.

I'd personally much rather see Long cracking ribs and sternums than catching guys high ... however, I was pretty disgusted to see him being labelled a "Maniac" in the media, when it was a pure football incident, split-second action, rather than a pre-meditated, deliberate cheap-shot behind the play. Not like he ran in from 20 metres, with absolute intent to play the man, swung a fist, or jumped into the player, leading with his elbow.

He definitely needs to improve his technique - my view is it's much better to smash the wind out of the guy, leave him trying to suck air in for 2-3 minutes and get to the sideline, while we run with a loose man, but he's not a maniac, and absolutely this will be an utter farce if it isn't downgraded.
Missed the maniac comment. I reckon the media have been very balanced considering he did come off the square and it was more good fortune than skill that may or may not save him. Maybe a sensible tackle makes more sense now that you have failed twice to bump.

I still think long should get a fine but listening to sen today I’d say it’s a 50/50 call. Whately clearly knows the most about the tribunal and hardly gets any wrong. He could see both sides which you could take as a positive but being a sainter I’m sort of taking it as a negative. What really worries me is Dwayne pipe seemed to think he should get off. For a guy who has played a lot of footy and been on radio for a long time his footy knowledge is about as good as John Howard’s bowling. That is what really worries me. To be honest losing Ryder and Carlisle make the game a nearly impossible win anyway.

Footywire has Paton and Martin are listed at the same height (187) but Dusty 14kg heavier than Ben and it's probably just about all muscle mass. I think Ben has been amazing this year but really don't want to see him getting the job on Dusty when he plays forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back