Preview 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Friday 9th October, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a slimy Kent Wallace is.

Reckon's Macrea was "groggy" after the hit and affected the outcome so Long should be out.

Russell says to him that every player needs a test and the Dogs didn't even test him so there was no impact. Wallace umms and ahhs and said he refused to have one, and then Russell points out that it is the doctors decision not the player.

What a dickhead, now saying we have no hope because we only laid ten tackles in the first half of the weekend. This bloke is a fool and a plonker.

Wrote off Hanners when we drafted him
Wrote of Paddy when we drafted him, now trying to get Long out for a fictitious head injury to Macrea.
Gronk fool. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If McRae was groggy, and not tested, then surely the Bulldogs have seriously breached protocol around concussion and player welfare - that cannot go unpunished.

Otherwise, if he was 100% fit to play on without a test, the impact could not realistically be graded 'medium'

Damned if they do ... damned if they don't, IMHO.

Keep it simple. Battle for Ryder. Roma to take number 1 ruck duties with King chopping out and Battle playing forward.

I know some will want Kent dropped but I don't see Hind or Parker offering more than him and i'd rather keep a winning team together.

Bigger question is who comes in for Long if he's suspended which I think he will be
I think Battle will replace Carlisle & will do well on Riewoldt. Abbott may replace Ryder, so Marshall can still go forward at times. One of Roberton, Savage & Webster, who all played well in the scratch match, could take Long's place. I prefer Hind over Kent, because he is dual-sided. Kent kicked two out on the full's on the weekend, because he couldn't get onto his right.

I think the thing that is frustrating with the Long decision is they seem to have shifted the goal posts. They have been going off the outcome for ages now... player gets concussed, the impact is medium or high. In this case the player didn't get injured though. So why shift the goal posts now?

I know they don't like Long and how he is going about it, and maybe that's fair enough. He does need to get these types of things out of his game. But this just doesn't seem fair.
We all know its a lottery with name players getting a better run - just like most of society - not fair and equal.

Anyway just to fill in time, lets say Longy gets a week because he choose to initiate an action which resulted in head high contact with an opposition player which is the thing the AFL don't want to see.

OK fair enough - but if you basing it purely on the player CHOOSING an action then its not a stretch to argue that Dangerfield should have been suspended because he choose to initiate an action (trying to run through Byrne Jones) that caused head high contact to the opposition player.

But seriously the MRP is a joke.

I think Battle will come in & replace Carlisle & play on Riewoldt. The other options are Clavarino? or Roberton. I think one of Roberton, Savage or Webster could replace Long. Abbott may come in, so Marshall can still play forward at times. And prefer Hind over Kent , because he is dual sided. And by all report's Battle's foot injury was only minor, could of played against the Doggies, but they took the precautionary path.

Last edited:
To be honest losing Ryder and Carlisle make the game a nearly impossible win anyway.

Maybe this is an opportunity for our very own “Pickett” moment.

Theres a video somewhere on one of the threads with Butler telling the non 22 players to keep on doing their utmost, because there’s always one of these type of moments - and maybe it’s their turn.
Marsh, Savage, Austen, Robbo....???

Head says it’s a long shot (pun unintended)
Heart says, nothing to lose, why not?

I’m not feeling confident in the decision getting over-turned.

I feel like it definitely should considering the examples that have been set already, and this seems to be a glaring inconsistency. Medium impact but Macrae did not even need a concussion test? Mostly connecting with shoulder and perhaps a little bit of chin rather than temple? Sorry but for me he should’ve got off.

But I have no faith in the system to right the wrong... here’s hoping.

For the people bagging Carlisle for making a decision that doesn't suit you sad pathetic people shame on you.

Why should he suit your own agendas to do what big footy nuffies tell him what to do.

Get a grip snd respect his decision. AND FOR the people who didn't WATCH his video he's not coming back.

Trial by media this Long rubbish is. :mad:

For the people bagging Carlisle for making a decision that doesn't suit you sad pathetic people shame on you.

Why should he suit your own agendas to do what big footy nuffies tell him what to do.

Get a grip snd respect his decision. AND FOR the people who didn't WATCH his video he's not coming back.

I have not seen anyone on here bagging Jake little Coops, calm down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t think many if any have bagged him for leaving. Maybe that was on your website.

Chill out bro. And cut out the name calling.
99.95% of people on here, whilst disappointed, have supported his decision.

And he said he won’t be back THIS year. Not ever.

Just a tip, if you altered your abrasive posting style just a smidge, you might find you don’t get the pushback that generally happens and might actually enjoy some rational discussion with other posters.

I think a couple did but I’m certain it was tongue in cheek.

Chill out bro. And cut out the name calling.
99.95% of people on here, whilst disappointed, have supported his decision.

And he said he won’t be back THIS year. Not ever.

Just a tip, if you altered your abrasive posting style just a smidge, you might find you don’t get the pushback that generally happens and might actually enjoy some rational discussion with other posters.
Wowee. You are getting tough in your older age than yesterday. Must be the saints making finals. New found confidence

giphy (77).gif

I think a couple did but I’m certain it was tongue in cheek.

Well mine certainly was...about us all melting to get him back in the team and that’s how he repays us....followed by a 🤣😉 as a little hint.

Wowee. You are getting tough in your older age than yesterday. Must be the saints making finals. New found confidence

Why, what did I say yesterday??
Generally I just ignore, but seriously the tone just rubbed me up the wrong way. Or maybe it was the lecture from someone who’s probably half my age.

Nah, weak as piss I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back