Preview 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Friday 9th October, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they saw the vision where Long ceased his momentum whilst Macrae ran at him, you know, that half step?

I'm guessing not given Gleesons response.
yeh there is a definite deceleration in Longs movement before the hit when Ben corrects his trajectory

yeh there is a definite deceleration in Longs movement before the hit when Ben corrects his trajectory

Never had a physics lessen in his life has Gleeson, or seems to understand the concept of momentum and what it is.

Edit:

"..The question for you is whether a player who comes in with this momentum [read: Long's, which was intermittent with a deceleration], who had the potential to tackle by the way [read: supposition, previous statement indicated Macrae turned, likely head clash due to opposed forces] ... and makes significant contact with the face [read: supposition, see medico report] ... does this have the chance to cause significant injury? [/read: supposition, does walking? Does breathing? Does doing literally anything have a risk attached to it for injury?]"

St Kilda: There are some basic and fundamental facts which don't require interpretation. However my learned friend Mr Gleeson tries to weave a way through the way impact is described ... what we know, what is concrete - the medical report says there was no head injury. The player stayed on the ground. He continued to play. These things cannot be disputed.

St Kilda: There are some basic and fundamental facts which don't require interpretation. However my learned friend Mr Gleeson tries to weave a way through the way impact is described ... what we know, what is concrete - the medical report says there was no head injury. The player stayed on the ground. He continued to play. These things cannot be disputed.

Arguing hard and trolling at the same time. Good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who’s arguing for us? I like their moxy. The learned friend me Gleeson line cracked me up!

St Kilda says Ben Long did not follow through with a full, front-on bump. "He in fact turned ... in an attempt to reduce impact. What he did by that action was reduce the potential to cause injury, not enlarge it. It's the very opposite of what is being contended by Mr Gleeson. Rather than create a potential (for serious injury), he has turned at the last minute and has in effect reduced the capacity for injury."

St Kilda says Ben Long did not follow through with a full, front-on bump. "He in fact turned ... in an attempt to reduce impact. What he did by that action was reduce the potential to cause injury, not enlarge it. It's the very opposite of what is being contended by Mr Gleeson. Rather than create a potential (for serious injury), he has turned at the last minute and has in effect reduced the capacity for injury."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back