Preview 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Friday 9th October, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No point focusing on the players we don't have, we still have enough good players available to beat the Tigers and as great as Paddy was he didn't beat the Bulldogs on his own, we've won games this year without him and without Carlisle and Long too.

Last week people were stressing about Battle being out and we covered him OK with other guys stepping up to do the job, the same thing can happen this Friday.

I think we were playing too tall against doggies which is why we had no running power in the last. In someways it is a blessing in disguise, Carlisle played his heart out but against Lynch or Riewoldt I don’t think he would have had a good game,as he is too slow against them.

This is a chance to go smaller and have some more run, which u need against the tiges.

I suggest savage or Webster, hind and marsh. I would choose battle but I don’t think he is fit. You could drop Kent for bytel but I’d think 4 changes is too much. I’d like to chuck Steele in the fwd line for parts of the game for his tackling pressure, the ball seemed to sling shot out of our fwd line a bit too easy.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

As an addendum, the impact clauses we were arguing are;

View attachment 978175
Bullet point 2, then first sentence after the points and it's why the AFL sh*t me to tears and are weak as piss generally, trying to avoid any concept of being seen to do any wrong. No "we screwed up", no "we can do better" just "it's all their fault".

In their own words as Gleeson put it: in particular, any injury sustained by the player who was offended against".

As the Dogs medico report stated, no injury sustained. Assessment and no action taken.

Secondly the potential to cause injury.

What this means is that after you have done the first bit, and looked to see no issue, you are then to say "can this cause injury?". This is a moot point. Every action in a contact sport, when there is contact undertaken, has the potential to cause injury. This needs to change but wont, because the AFL are inept at writing documents.

You then do the checklist; yep, Long made contact to Macrae above the neck. Move to third consideration;

The "Porpus" effect, where the victim player is impacted by a third player. What is Jones doing in that video? I'll tell you what, getting pushed by Macrae, who is in turn pushing against Macrae, trying to win a footy in a contest.

This is momentum ladies and gentlemen, this is what happens when two forces collide. In 1 second, Macrae has pushed off Jones, this act has put him in the path of Long who at this stage;

Is propped. Not moving forward. No momentum.
View attachment 978186
Ball is: in dispute.

In 1 second, contact is made. Just 1 second from the above frame. See where Longs momentum is, it's right not left, the path of the ball and Macrae.

As he's propped; ball pivots left, Lone steps left
View attachment 978189
What do you not see? Answer: The centre circle. What causes this? Answer: Macraes greater momentum.

Now what happens when two forces meet? I'll tell you what, the greater momentum smacks into a propped wall. Newtowns balls, only one side doesn't move sicne you are grounded.

Now as their feet are close together, technically: Macrae ran into Long. Macrae has ability and kinetic force to spring left as his right foot is planted, what does he do?

Runs into Long who is already in the act of bracing. See his left hand, it is extended as in the space of 1 second the ball went from contested and free to in Macraes possession. As we know, Macrae then meets Long.

This is why Gleeson is a fop. This is why he does not understand momentum. This is why the result is bullshit of the highest order made by idiots who have NFI how momentum works. See how close the square is in comparison to distance traveled by both parties.

The third impact was the victims, in pushing off Jones that set him on this path.

Long did not bump Macrae. Macrae ran into Long who had arrested previous momentum but did not have sufficient momentum, to run into Macrae who had the greater force.

Learn science you dumbarses.

They use QC's ,they are full of legal jargon, and too stupid to understand physics.

Potential to cause Injury ... Barry Hall should have been rubbed out for getting on the ground.

I think we were playing too tall against doggies which is why we had no running power in the last. In someways it is a blessing in disguise, Carlisle played his heart out but against Lynch or Riewoldt I don’t think he would have had a good game,as he is too slow against them.

This is a chance to go smaller and have some more run, which u need against the tiges.

I suggest savage or Webster, hind and marsh. I would choose battle but I don’t think he is fit. You could drop Kent for bytel but I’d think 4 changes is too much. I’d like to chuck Steele in the fwd line for parts of the game for his tackling pressure, the ball seemed to sling shot out of our fwd line a bit too easy.

lol Carlisle is probably quicker than Riewoldt (he’s on his last legs)

I suggest savage or Webster, hind and marsh. I would choose battle but I don’t think he is fit. You could drop Kent for bytel but I’d think 4 changes is too much. I’d like to chuck Steele in the fwd line for parts of the game for his tackling pressure.

Will be Dewy again , that why tiges lost . mor smalls

Don’t think do, he was undertrained like the rest of the team at the start of the year. If u have seen the tiges play the last 4-8 weeks it is a far different story. He has been jumping high and kicking straight.

Carlisle was dropped earlier in the year and looked very slow. Riewoldt never got dropped.

I agree Carlisle played out of his skin, but it’s probably his last final, and he knew it.

Yes.

Don’t think do, he was undertrained like the rest of the team at the start of the year. If u have seen the tiges play the last 4-8 weeks it is a far different story. He has been jumping high and kicking straight.

Carlisle was dropped earlier in the year and looked very slow. Riewoldt never got dropped.

I agree Carlisle played out of his skin, but it’s probably his last final, and he knew it.

You know it's Jack... Not Nick.

Not sure if it's been mentioned previously but when we rolled the Tigers earlier in the year Nankervis had his best game of the year and was nearly BOG. Roma went up against him without Ryder in that game so that remains a worry. Got to back Roma in to hit back hard this week.

Personally, I'm not worried about Riewoldt. He's hardly done a thing all year. If he's the difference between the two teams then we won't deserve to win. However, we really need Doogs to do a job on that angry marshallow Lynch.

Just needs to watch out for any errant elbows or fists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it's been mentioned previously but when we rolled the Tigers earlier in the year Nankervis had his best game of the year and was nearly BOG. Roma went up against him without Ryder in that game so that remains a worry. Got to back Roma in to hit back hard this week.
Gresh also had a quiet game

Won’t be surprised to see geary moved back and a mid or forward brought in.

The key defensive post is the tricky one. If Battle doesn’t get up then it will be Robo.

Marsh, Hind, Battle or Robo.

I think Hind is 1 small forward to many and we should go with savage. Leave geary to take on Houli. Marsh to grimes.

It's pretty shattering for Long. Looking through the arguments, our guys seemed to have clear reasoning and clear examples of why it should be low impact, but the the jury come back and say "his head went back pretty fast". It's really a joke how shit that decision is. Hopefully the appeal is successful but the AFL obviously don't like to be told they are wrong as we found out tonight.

I think people underrate how big a loss Long would be. Provides hardness and composure in our backline and is very important.

Backs are absolutely against the wall here and it's hard to see us winning but if we do it would be one for the ages.

Why? All the ones who have done exactly the same and got a fine were white. Hawkins punches a bloke in the face, fine.

Long is indigenous gets banned when white players dont.
On this i really c
Seems to me Long is going to have to let go of the bump and just start indiscriminately punching people in the throat behind play, since the Lynch precedent indicates that is fine by the tribunal ...

Oh well ... just gives us another reason to show up on Friday night, kick a bunch of Tiger butt, and thoroughly flip the bird in the AFL's direction ...
Really don't get this rule. Punch someone and you don't get a suspension hip and shoulder and you do. If you wear red, white and black..

I have to say this is one of the greatest Rants that I have ever come across on Bigfooty

Ha, ha. Yeah...Actually I don't mind you guys at all. You're (mostly) well meaning posters on this Forum, and the Dogs are okay. I got carried away with the pantomime of Longs hearing, and thought I'd add to the festivities. No harm I hope? Now, back to the works of Beatrix Potter 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back