Preview 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Friday 9th October, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoL Macrae doesn’t have to advocate for Long if he doesn’t want to

He could virtually do it if he wanted to, just as much as he could have virtually been injured by the incident. Neither happened, but it could have...Long being suspended makes something that didn't happen, happen. The least your loser f*ckhead player could have done is act honourably.
But then again, I've seen the way you guys play...there is nothing virtual about how you guys go about it is there? Bevers reading the flopsy bunnies to your boys at training, and linking arms doing jumping jacks.
God you guys are s*it.

Whilst the decision seems unfair this is what happens when you go into a contest and connect with the head. You run the risk of being suspended. Is it suspension worthy? No, because IMO it probably should be downgraded from medium to low impact - but as a player you should know the inconsistencies between the MRO and Tribunal already.

I hope Long gets off but he really needs to improve his technique otherwise he will just keep putting himself in the same situations.

I'm glad we can cover for him, if he was a more damaging player I'd be more worried about our chances on Friday night.

simon L will lodge appeal, neads stuff by Tues
As an addendum, the impact clauses we were arguing are;

View attachment 978175
Bullet point 2, then first sentence after the points and it's why the AFL sh*t me to tears and are weak as piss generally, trying to avoid any concept of being seen to do any wrong. No "we screwed up", no "we can do better" just "it's all their fault".

In their own words as Gleeson put it: in particular, any injury sustained by the player who was offended against".

As the Dogs medico report stated, no injury sustained. Assessment and no action taken.

Secondly the potential to cause injury.

What this means is that after you have done the first bit, and looked to see no issue, you are then to say "can this cause injury?". This is a moot point. Every action in a contact sport, when there is contact undertaken, has the potential to cause injury. This needs to change but wont, because the AFL are inept at writing documents.

You then do the checklist; yep, Long made contact to Macrae above the neck. Move to third consideration;

The "Porpus" effect, where the victim player is impacted by a third player. What is Jones doing in that video? I'll tell you what, getting pushed by Macrae, who is in turn pushing against Macrae, trying to win a footy in a contest.

This is momentum ladies and gentlemen, this is what happens when two forces collide. In 1 second, Macrae has pushed off Jones, this act has put him in the path of Long who at this stage;

Is propped. Not moving forward. No momentum.
View attachment 978186
Ball is: in dispute.

In 1 second, contact is made. Just 1 second from the above frame. See where Longs momentum is, it's right not left, the path of the ball and Macrae.

As he's propped; ball pivots left, Lone steps left
View attachment 978189
What do you not see? Answer: The centre circle. What causes this? Answer: Macraes greater momentum.

Now what happens when two forces meet? I'll tell you what, the greater momentum smacks into a propped wall. Newtowns balls, only one side doesn't move sicne you are grounded.

Now as their feet are close together, technically: Macrae ran into Long. Macrae has ability and kinetic force to spring left as his right foot is planted, what does he do?

Runs into Long who is already in the act of bracing. See his left hand, it is extended as in the space of 1 second the ball went from contested and free to in Macraes possession. As we know, Macrae then meets Long.

This is why Gleeson is a fop. This is why he does not understand momentum. This is why the result is bullshit of the highest order made by idiots who have NFI how momentum works. See how close the square is in comparison to distance traveled by both parties.

The third impact was the victims, in pushing off Jones that set him on this path.

Long did not bump Macrae. Macrae ran into Long who had arrested previous momentum but did not have sufficient momentum, to run into Macrae who had the greater force.

Learn science you dumbarses.
GLEESON stiched up our Nathan Brown,Essendon player . even the UMPS said said should have been match aware
got heaps

Whilst the decision seems unfair this is what happens when you go into a contest and connect with the head. You run the risk of being suspended. Is it suspension worthy? No, because IMO it probably should be downgraded from medium to low impact - but as a player you should know the inconsistencies between the MRO and Tribunal already.

I hope Long gets off but he really needs to improve his technique otherwise he will just keep putting himself in the same situations.

I'm glad we can cover for him, if he was a more damaging player I'd be more worried about our chances on Friday night.
Agreed. He almost knocked Hannebery out five minutes after the first bump. It's possible to be aggressive without bumping recklessly.

Agreed. He almost knocked Hannebery out five minutes after the first bump. It's possible to be aggressive without bumping recklessly.
I get that's the way he plays and definitely don't want him to change that but you can still be aggressive within the rules. It's a complete tossup at the MRO, they've got absolutely no consistency with any decision they make. If I know that sitting on the couch surely a professional footballer should know it. This news tonight says more about the lack of integrity at the MRO than anything Ben Long has done - so I am not blaming him, but he absolutely can improve his own game to avoid having his fate in the hands of complete fools.

simon L will lodge appeal, neads stuff by Tues

GLEESON stiched up our Nathan Brown,Essendon player . even the UMPS said said should have been match aware
got heaps

Easy appeal. Bring in a physicist to interrupt Gleeson every time he mentions the word momentum then gif Harrison Ford going "Thats not how the force works" with the disgusted look on his face.

I'll even pay the 5k to do it if required.

We have smart operators at the club but need to be careful not to turn this into too much of a distraction for the lads.

I’m pretty sure the team will move on, the coaches will make sure of this. They don’t have time to dwell on it like we do.

He could virtually do it if he wanted to, just as much as he could have virtually been injured by the incident. Neither happened, but it could have...Long being suspended makes something that didn't happen, happen. The least your loser f*ckhead player could have done is act honourably.
But then again, I've seen the way you guys play...there is nothing virtual about how you guys go about it is there? Bevers reading the flopsy bunnies to your boys at training, and linking arms doing jumping jacks.
God you guys are s*it.
I have to say this is one of the greatest Rants that I have ever come across on Bigfooty

Yes mate as said earlier by Butler clip , they are a team use it fuel it for mine .

Even get Long stripped and do warm up with playing group.

Ratts uses it , points him out pre game , bring the heat , pressure , pressure , pressure .

Tape around their wrist with message Longy / Jake / Paddy on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not as pissed off as some of the others here are. For me it's more a feeling of frustration for sure, but also a shrug of the shoulders as if to say 'well, what did you expect?'. Haven't we seen enough blunders from these people to not be surprised at really any decision anymore?

I feel for Ben but what can you do. He went in, he collected the head, as soon as he made contact it was going to be a flip of a coin at the tribunal.

I hope we appeal but but I also hope it doesn't take away focus from this Friday's game. He is replaceable, and we will be fine without him. I hope the rest of the group hear that message instead of woe is me because it won't do us any good. In fact I hope they use it to fuel them (if he doesn't get off).

If we can get Long off then fine, he plays. If not, no big deal. He is replaceable. Ryder and Carlisle are more difficult to replace. Obviously Battle goes in if fit. If not then Marsh. For the the other two I think Hind is a must for his sheer speed. And then - wait for it - Parker for the X factor. He could shadow Martin. Ratten is the key here; he needs to roll the dice.

I'm not as pissed off as some of the others here are. For me it's more a feeling of frustration for sure, but also a shrug of the shoulders as if to say 'well, what did you expect?'. Haven't we seen enough blunders from these people to not be surprised at really any decision anymore?

I feel for Ben but what can you do. He went in, he collected the head, as soon as he made contact it was going to be a flip of a coin at the tribunal.

I hope we appeal but but I also hope it doesn't take away focus from this Friday's game. He is replaceable, and we will be fine without him. I hope the rest of the group hear that message instead of woe is me because it won't do us any good. In fact I hope they use it to fuel them (if he doesn't get off).

I'm just happy that we have Jimmy Webster who has a cool head and plenty of experience , who can come in and play a similar game to Long.
I still remember when losing a player like Raph Clark meant we had to play Luke Miles.

I'm just happy that we have Jimmy Webster who has a cool head and plenty of experience , who can come in and play a similar game to Long.
I still remember when losing a player like Raph Clark meant we had to play Luke Miles.
Only out I'm worried about this weekend is Carlisle. We beat the Tigers earlier in the year with Marshall rucking one out, they never took the lead against us and our smalls ran them ragged. I would go small this week. Talks of it being slippery, won't do much good with a tall lineup. Let Howard take Lynch, Wilkie on Martin, and maybe bring in a Roberton or Webster to take Riewoldt who isn't as damaging of a player that he used to be.

Something like Hind, Roberton/Webster/Savage and potentially Parker for Long, Ryder & Carlisle. Not sure Battle will get up.

Still bullish about this Friday night funnily enough. No pressure on us at all, backs couldn't be anymore against the wall if we tried. Tigers are the only side that can lose on Friday night. We lose it's no big deal we had injuries and it was a great year for a young side, surpassed most people's expectations. Richmond lose however and the dynasty is over, they choked in straight sets, their lack of discipline cost them, etc. At least that's what the media will run with. It's a win/win for us in many respects.

Gotta say the Long suspension is ridiculous, wasn't even any head contact. Just a bit of a shoulder to shoulder bump.
Should appeal. the "victim" really hammed it up, should come out and admit it coz would be a low act to put someone out of a final because of that bs.
Looking at vid over and over, esp the last angle in the vid it looks pretty clear Long actually was ducking sideways away from Mccrae to try to avoid collision, he wasn't even looking in his direction at point of impact but straight down and to left of Mccrae as he lunged down to the left.
the important implication of that is it wasnt' intentional at all, he was trying to avoid high contact at that last moment.

I think we can all see problem with that aggressive style of attack on the man and ball, but when there are many many cases of far worse incidents that actually have caused injury then it becomes a basic level of principles that we can’t ignore.

Obviously the AFL and many fans don’t like the optics of a player running off the square 80’s style and I don’t particularly like it either... but you can’t have stars getting off for injury causing bumps and then ping a fringe player because you don’t like ‘the look’.

I can understand split second umpiring decisions getting the wrong call, but this is so basic in relation to others.

Looking at vid over and over, esp the last angle in the vid it looks pretty clear Long actually was ducking sideways away from Mccrae to try to avoid collision, he wasn't even looking in his direction at point of impact but straight down and to left of Mccrae as he lunged down to the left.
the important implication of that is it wasnt' intentional at all, he was trying to avoid high contact at that last moment.
A sensible Pie supporter. Rare, but I salute you

As an addendum, the impact clauses we were arguing are;

View attachment 978175
Bullet point 2, then first sentence after the points and it's why the AFL sh*t me to tears and are weak as piss generally, trying to avoid any concept of being seen to do any wrong. No "we screwed up", no "we can do better" just "it's all their fault".

In their own words as Gleeson put it: in particular, any injury sustained by the player who was offended against".

As the Dogs medico report stated, no injury sustained. Assessment and no action taken.

Secondly the potential to cause injury.

What this means is that after you have done the first bit, and looked to see no issue, you are then to say "can this cause injury?". This is a moot point. Every action in a contact sport, when there is contact undertaken, has the potential to cause injury. This needs to change but wont, because the AFL are inept at writing documents.

You then do the checklist; yep, Long made contact to Macrae above the neck. Move to third consideration;

The "Porpus" effect, where the victim player is impacted by a third player. What is Jones doing in that video? I'll tell you what, getting pushed by Macrae, who is in turn pushing against Macrae, trying to win a footy in a contest.

This is momentum ladies and gentlemen, this is what happens when two forces collide. In 1 second, Macrae has pushed off Jones, this act has put him in the path of Long who at this stage;

Is propped. Not moving forward. No momentum.
View attachment 978186
Ball is: in dispute.

In 1 second, contact is made. Just 1 second from the above frame. See where Longs momentum is, it's right not left, the path of the ball and Macrae.

As he's propped; ball pivots left, Lone steps left
View attachment 978189
What do you not see? Answer: The centre circle. What causes this? Answer: Macraes greater momentum.

Now what happens when two forces meet? I'll tell you what, the greater momentum smacks into a propped wall. Newtowns balls, only one side doesn't move sicne you are grounded.

Now as their feet are close together, technically: Macrae ran into Long. Macrae has ability and kinetic force to spring left as his right foot is planted, what does he do?

Runs into Long who is already in the act of bracing. See his left hand, it is extended as in the space of 1 second the ball went from contested and free to in Macraes possession. As we know, Macrae then meets Long.

This is why Gleeson is a fop. This is why he does not understand momentum. This is why the result is bullshit of the highest order made by idiots who have NFI how momentum works. See how close the square is in comparison to distance traveled by both parties.

The third impact was the victims, in pushing off Jones that set him on this path.

Long did not bump Macrae. Macrae ran into Long who had arrested previous momentum but did not have sufficient momentum, to run into Macrae who had the greater force.

Learn science you dumbarses.

What a beautiful post, summed it up perfectly.
Michael Christian has annoyed me for years, he has no idea what is happening but than for the tribunal to back it up is infuriating even as a neutral.
If Long wanted to hurt him he would’ve, they should be thanking Long who used care towards Macrae and successfully didn’t injure him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back