Preview 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Friday 9th October, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Morris. Absolute amateur hour. Reported on AFL tonight the appeal failed.
10min later, the host says the appeal is still going.

AFL media at its finest, running with what's plausible and going the early crow with no retraction necessary or counterbalance possible.

Would hate to think the outcome of this was predetermined and the press ran with it before it was over, by accident.

Nah, he's selling a story, a narrative as his first job is selling said story, not reporting it.

"Long is gone" is a better update then "I don't know, it's still ongoing", just shows the man has no fortitude.

If Macrae genuinely suffered whiplash he wouldn't have been able to play out the game, I suffered whiplash in a car accident and had a sore neck for weeks.

Macrae is also a serial offender when it comes to staging for free kicks so he no doubt put some mayo on this as well but I guess they can't use that argument.

The ‘if he hit a few millimetres different’ argument is cooked. Isn’t the whole point of the AFL’s argument that Long’s action has the potential to cause injury. That’s an entirely different argument.

The crazy thing is about the "potential to cause serious injury" argument is that if Long had continued through with his momentum and hit Macrae flush in the chest region and broken his ribs and punctured his lung then ........ surely he would have to get off ....... given it would have deemed a fair hit

If Macrae genuinely suffered whiplash he wouldn't have been able to play out the game, I suffered whiplash in a car accident and had a sore neck for weeks.

Macrae is also a serial offender when it comes to staging for free kicks so he no doubt put some mayo on this as well but I guess they can't use that argument.
Or they are saying the Bulldogs doctors were negligent in assessing Macare for all possible injuries, because surely if the medical experts were concerned about the neck movement they would have assessed that area of his body too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Morris. Absolute amateur hour. Reported on AFL tonight the appeal failed.
10min later, the host says the appeal is still going.

Unless Tom Morris has been told pre-appeal "from his AFL sources" that there is no way the AFL were going to allow the appeal to succeed

Wouldn't surprise me at all

A millimetre either away or milliseconds and the outcome could be different is like getting pulled over by the cops and blowing 0.049 but they say you could have blown 0.05 so we're doing you for drink driving.
agree. All this nonsense involving probability is unjust. Why doesn’t the AFL just give us the 2010 premiership because the ball could have bounced in Milne‘s hand?

Rush: It is apparent that the movement of Long reduced the potential for serious injury and the Tribunal didn't consider this adequately

He is spot on. To not get off is so unjust.
Gleeson is hopeless and the way they keep reaching the verdict is pathetic.

IMG_3067.JPG

Gleesons response if long gets off

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The ‘millimeter either way’ argument is laughable... how could anyone hear that and take it seriously in this case?

The bump was the bump as it was, it was not a millimeter this way or a millimeter that way, it happened exactly the way it did- which caused no injury. Furthermore, what evidence are they using to suggest that a millimeter either way Macrae could have been injured? How many millimeters exactly? I’d suggest it’s at least centimetres. Most likely INCHES. He got him on the shoulder and a bit on the chin ffs, you don’t get knocked out from a glance to the chin.

Complete overreaction and ridiculous hyperbole from Gleeson.

The ‘millimeter either way’ argument is laughable... how could anyone hear that and take it seriously in this case?

The bump was the bump as it was, it was not a millimeter this way or a millimeter that way, it happened exactly the way it did- which caused no injury. Furthermore, what evidence are they using to suggest that a millimeter either way Macrae could have been injured? How many millimeters exactly? I’d suggest it’s at least centimetres. Most likely INCHES. He got him on the shoulder and a bit on the chin ffs, you don’t get knocked out from a glance to the chin.

If it was a millimetre either way then surely that is the perfect description for the hit to be considered "glancing" and hence low impact

A millimetre either away or milliseconds and the outcome could be different is like getting pulled over by the cops and blowing 0.049 but they say you could have blown 0.05 so we're doing you for drink driving.
I thought incidents were graded based on location (high/body) and degree (high/medium/low) of contact. Since when has 'potential' impact been a consideration? Geez we would have finished much higher up the ladder in recent years if 'potential' goals counted.

The AFL is do bloody dumb. If they actually have a shit about protecting the head, they would make a rule that said if you bump and get the head, then it’s an automatic week.

To claim that they use the rubric and put the facts which leads to an outcome is such a lie. They clearly go off the look and vibe more than the rubric they invented.

If, if, if....pure speculation.
judge it on the facts.
He played on, wasn’t injured, can’t be a medium impact.
That’s all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back