Preview 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Friday 9th October, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see Roberton back to his best, but it needs to be after some VFL form and his health is 100% confirmed through match time.

Unfortunate for him, but this was definitely not the game to bring him in again after such a long lay-off.

I saw the same change in his game although can pretty much guarantee there will a least one dump kick long down the line in open play which will go down the throat of an opposition defender and will come straight back with interest to hurt us.

Going to set up some wire mesh in front of the telly for just this situation. :sweatsmile:

I think there will to, but there will be from other players as well. He's not elite, he will make mistakes but he's a very experienced player not prone to losing his head and will add a bit of calm to the backline in a very young set up. He's not going to be the match winner but compared to Hind, Webster and Robbo he seems the safest option to me.

I think there will to, but there will be from other players as well. He's not elite, he will make mistakes but he's a very experienced player not prone to losing his head and will add a bit of calm to the backline in a very young set up. He's not going to be the match winner but compared to Hind, Webster and Robbo he seems the safest option to me.
His long kicking can be an asset. Lots of people are mentioning how we like to chip short out of defence and that he doesn't do that often, which is true. On the other hand, we also like to switch the ball a lot and get it out the other side. He is useful to switch it with his long leg and can get it to the other side of the ground quickly.

I feel for Roberton. It must be painful to endure everything he's been through, fight so hard to come back and not be able to crack in. It's the right decision though and he was always going to be relying on Battle missing.
S I X H U N D R E D T H O U S A N D D O L L A R S P E R Y E A R. . . . . .

His long kicking can be an asset. Lots of people are mentioning how we like to chip short out of defence and that he doesn't do that often, which is true. On the other hand, we also like to switch the ball a lot and get it out the other side. He is useful to switch it with his long leg and can get it to the other side of the ground quickly.

He would be an asset playing on forward flank. His bombs into 50 on Max’s head would be perfect.

S I X H U N D R E D T H O U S A N D D O L L A R S P E R Y E A R. . . . . .
There's more to life and to sport than money. That's good for him and his family that they have security, but it's still possible to sympathise with him for the issues he's had, which have been significant.

He would be an asset playing on forward flank. His bombs into 50 on Max’s head would be perfect.

Late last year Ratts had him playing higher up a bit more like Billings and Hill this year and he was playing some of his better footy for us. When he first came we tried him on the wing and he was shit, went back to Sandy, was BOG as a rebound back and never played anywhere else again. Richo was very rigid with position. I reckon he was under utilised for a long time. He has weapons that never got used. Doubt he's listed next year but feel like we blew another career with savage.

With your changes pretty much confirmed, who backs up Marshall?

I'm assuming Battle plays back and Marsh forward? Does Marsh ruck or King?
It's a good question. Marsh would be my guess if he plays forward. Marshall did 91, 89, 88 and 94% game time in the four games he's solo rucked for this year so he'll carry it pretty much all day. Just a couple of minutes rest a quarter you'd think.

Still suspect Battle and Marsh both go forward. Battle to replace Geary and Marsh to replace Marshall. Geary back, Savage replaces Long.
I for one can’t understand why we’d play Geary in defence again if we bring in Savage.
Geary has played that forward role great this year, except on Tom Stewart, who wasn’t the type he should’ve played on anyway. He needs to play on Houli and maybe Vlastuin.

would be surprised if we push him back especially after last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keen to use Savage for the big switch kick. More margin for error, and a really big switch can be much much more effective than a small one which allows the zone to roll across.

Bringing in savage also probably means that Geary stays forward - happy about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umps are apparently O'Gorman, Deboy, Chamberlain ( off the Tigers board)

I cant say I’ve even heard of the first two. We were always getting Razor Ray on a Friday night. Any thoughts on the others?

I cant say I’ve even heard of the first two. We were always getting Razor Ray on a Friday night. Any thoughts on the others?

Can't be worse than Ray.

None of them are the blonde ump who keep giving the dogs cheap frees so thats a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back