Preview 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Friday 9th October, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My team if Battle is fit and Long's appeal doesn't go well.

I know people aren't a fan of Marsh in the backline but I think he could be perfect for Riewoldt. I love the idea of Battle playing a full game forward. I feel like we need to put all our eggs into winning, as opposed to not letting Richmond win.

Not sure who comes in for Long but Geary could go back this week. Savage IN for mine but not sure he plays.

FBB. PatonD. HowardN. Coffield
HBC. WilkieJ. MarshJ. Geary
CB. HillH. ClarkeD. Hanneberry
HFJ. BillingsT. MembreyJ. Battle
FFJ. LonieM. KingD. Butler
RR. MarshallJ. SteeleZ. Jones

Interchange
J. Sinclair
S. Ross
D. Kent
S. Savage

OUT:

Carlisle
Ryder
Long

IN:
Battle
Marsh
Savage

Glad they went this these ins. Happy I got them right for a change. Gives us speed, height and versatility. Good in’s.

Because Plugger...just because. Anyway, sometimes it's good to pull out the tin-foil hat and parade it around. It makes you less predictable if you only do it sometimes.
ZdyFb6w.gif

I reckon it's a joke how dismissive the media is about our chances against the Tigers. It's like our easy victory over them earlier in the year never happened or it was against an injury ravaged opponent. For the record Lynch and Riewoldt played up forward, Grimes, Vlastuin and Houli down back. They had Dusty, Cotchin, Edwards and Prestia in their midfield and Nankervis in the ruck. In short no one of significance was out of their team. We didn't have Ryder.

I hope Ratts has gone through that game over and again and told the boys we are going to take exactly the same plan and mindset into tomorrow's game. If we do some people might be in for a big surprise because in that case we are more than a fluker's chance.

Bring it on.

tenor.gif

Best ins we could hope for really
Sav in for benny good swap
Marshy and batts can be chucked anywhere to play lets be honest.
Marsh will keep up with most of their fwds with his speed and is big enough

Battle is just a ****ing gun and really should be first picked every week and you all know this

They are playing pretty tall down back... Balta, Astbury, Grimes and Broad are all tall or 3rd tall types.

With just King, Marsh/Battle and Membrey up forward one of them will play on a small- which Grimes or Broad can probably do but not as well as a genuine small defender you’d think. Or maybe they plan to put one of them on Geary if he starts forward so that their attacking defenders like Houli/Short don’t have to worry about defending him like Daniel did.

Get the ball to ground and swarm the drop of the ball inside 50 with Butler, Lonie, Kent.

Happy with the ins.

Not sure whether they'll line up that way, but I'd be happy to see Battle forward and Marsh back.

I think Marsh has looked better at that end of the ground and think that Battle as well as being able to play a defensive role has the potential to cause some real head aches on Grimes offensively.

Its a big ask for Marsh to come in and play on Riewoldt or Martin though, but we need to take some risks if we are going to win.

Ratten has been really good with his match ups this year targetting the oppositions best players, I'll back him in to get this one right too!

They are playing pretty tall down back... Balta, Astbury, Grimes and Broad are all tall or 3rd tall types.

With just King, Marsh/Battle and Membrey up forward one of them will play on a small- which Grimes or Broad can probably do but not as well as a genuine small defender you’d think. Or maybe they plan to put one of them on Geary if he starts forward so that their attacking defenders like Houli/Short don’t have to worry about defending him like Daniel did.

Get the ball to ground and swarm the drop of the ball inside 50 with Butler, Lonie, Kent.
Grimes played on Charlie Cameron in finals last year and Broad is fine on the smalls. They're more suited to locking down on smalls than Short and Houli despite their height.

Grimes played on Charlie Cameron in finals last year and Broad is fine on the smalls. They're more suited to locking down on smalls than Short and Houli despite their height.

Cameron clearly got the better of Grimes last week. Leading him up the ground and then ducking back fast, killed his intercept game and beat him in a foot race back towards goals. If Grimes lined up on Butler or Lonie I wouldn’t be too worried if they can emulate that (which the coaches should have figured out from watching Lions vs Tigers last week).

Cameron clearly got the better of Grimes last week. Leading him up the ground and then ducking back fast, killed his intercept game and beat him in a foot race back towards goals. If Grimes lined up on Butler or Lonie I wouldn’t be too worried if they can emulate that (which the coaches should have figured out from watching Lions vs Tigers last week).
Yeah Cameron did a ripping number on him last week. Grimes has a lot of runs on the board though, hopefully we can get on top of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marsh to defence and Battle forward… wonder if that will eventuate.

It’s an interesting one. Battle is clearly the better CHB from what we’ve seen BUT we still have to be a threat up forward and kick a winning score. We’re more likely to get a couple goals out of Battle then we are from Marsh, but also with Marsh on Riewoldt you’d think I’d more likely to give away a couple more than Battle would. It’s a fine line.

How was the massive dick energy last week from Max?

Plays his best game in his first final. Elite.

Why do some posters on here always feel the need to reference their penises in responding to their thoughts about a player?

There are women on this forum and I wish there were more of them.

I find it uncouth and I am no wallflower.

Is it at all possible not to refer to your erection when writing on here. Can you man up. It just makes you look a touch pathetic.

Why do some posters on here always feel the need to reference their penises in responding to their thoughts about a player?

Is it at all possible not to refer to your erection when writing on here. Can you man up. It just makes you look a touch pathetic.
It’s a throw away line used by the younger generation to describe confidence and swagger in a similar fashion to WAP. It’s harmless

this post's got massive big dick energy

Thank you for articulating my thoughts so well. It always makes me cringe when I see this type of incel terminology used.

The subconscious message is that one needs to assert one's masculinity - like the bloke who buys a big powerful car for reasons unrelated to the amount of space or power he actually needs.

I mean I know this is a forum and it's a bit of a sausage fest but still, Jesus I'm just here for the footy, not to join in with some online remasculation ceremony.

The difference-maker for me is Rowan Marshall. If he can break open the game, I don't he's played as the lone ruck for a long time since Paddy came back in, and that's where he's got a huge advantage. He's very fresh in terms of playing in the ruck, we know how good he is in the air, and especially when he goes forward. Nanks, he looks bit cooked. He might out body Marshall a bit, but he won't have the same impact around the ground.

I genuinely look forward to seeing how Marshall is after all this time working with Ryder this season, I hope he plays a ripper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back