Preview 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Friday 9th October, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh?

I missed that. Even better then! They have gone super defensive in selection so I think if we can turn up the heat and put the scoreboard pressure on we will have a very good shot.

A good start is super important. if we can jump out to a lead early on it would crank up the pressure on them and might see them become frustrated and undisciplined like they did against Brisbane where they gave away stupid frees and fifties.

Conversely if they get off to a good start and get a lead their confidence will rise and we will find it a lot harder to get back into the game, there is a danger if they get a significant lead that we could drop our bundle and get steamrolled but that has only happened to us against Geelong so I'd hope we could avoid that.

Last edited:
Should be a good game i hope so good luck. I know our players have been joking around calling st Kilda a walk in the park as they soft with no hurt factor which i hope karma doesn't bite us in the bum. I have a feeling Marshall will have a great game.
Interesting attitude after losing to us earlier in the year. But yeah, good luck and whatever

I know our players have been joking around calling st Kilda a walk in the park as they soft with no hurt factor

Sure mate.
A team full of blokes who have played in what 10+ finals would definitely know that sometimes finals games (especially elimination ones) are a walk in the park against soft teams.

Thanks for the amazing scoop from the inner sanctum of punt road from all your player bff's

S I X H U N D R E D T H O U S A N D D O L L A R S P E R Y E A R. . . . . .
and signed that deal after being in the AA squad, thoroughly deserved it, what's happened since can hardly be through lack of effort

Intrude with respect folks ! May I ask how is jimmy Webster not getting a run ! Thought he would be a good fit against the tigers.
Best of luck give em hell , run em off their fat little legs and don’t take a back would step , they implode if you stand up to them.

cheers !

Last edited:
Tigs fans already talking about “their game against Port”...

Fair play, they’re rightly confident, but bugger me there’s a fair difference between cockiness and just being arrogant pricks.

Very short memories, a lot of ‘em.

Intrude with respect folks ! May I ask how is jimmy Webster not getting a run ! Thought he would be a good fit against the tigers.
Best of luck give em hell , run em off their fat little legs and don’t yaks a back would step , they implode if you stand up to them.

cheers !
Much like your own Witherden, he's been out of the side due to the rise of the others. also injuries.

Best of luck give em hell , run em off their fat little legs and don’t yaks a back would step , they implode if you stand up to them.

cheers !
He hasn't played since mid 2019 because of a run of injuries. I think he played his first scratch match with 2 or 3 games left this season.

My guess is Ratts feels more confident going with Savage who has been fit and performing well in the scratch matches all season rather than rolling the dice with Webster's body without the same amount of loading into him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He hasn't played since mid 2019 because of a run of injuries. I think he played his first scratch match with 2 or 3 games left this season.

My guess is Ratts feels more confident going with Savage who has been fit and performing well in the scratch matches all season rather than rolling the dice with Webster's body without the same amount of loading into him.
Well didn’t realise that he hadn’t played this year ! Hope he gets his way back

Well didn’t realise that he hadn’t played this year ! Hope he gets his way back
He's coming from a long way back because of all his injuries, but he is a good player with a good balance between defence and attack so fingers crossed 2021 is his year. Hunter Clark will move into the midfield full time, so there will be a spot for him in the backline if his body can hold up.

He's coming from a long way back because of all his injuries, but he is a good player with a good balance between defence and attack so fingers crossed 2021 is his year. Hunter Clark will move into the midfield full time, so there will be a spot for him in the backline if his body can hold up.
If I were North Melbourne I'd enquire about a trade and if I were St Kilda I'd entertain it. Good player still has more to give and I'd keep him for depth but for the right offer I'd let him go.

Grimes gets so much media attention about his intercepting but he’s not the one really. Balta, Astbury and Vlastuin are all averaging more intercept marks than him this year.

They didn't get any intercept marks against Brisbane, one of the main reasons they lost that game as intercept marks are where they launch a lot of their attacks,

That's why it's important that our forwards, especially the ones playing a defensive role like Geary, Battle or Marsh limit their intercept marks as much as possible.

You have it in for Savage. Savage has been the better more consistent player over his career. Roberton the best of them but he looked so far off it round one I think the game might have slipped past him. Savage looks in magnificent condition and has been playing well in the scratches. He looks the safe option to me and pretty similar in style to what Long plays as that ball mover from the back flank.
I think you got it the wrong w
Were just letting him develop on the half back line, build some confidence before letting him be the main man inside 50

They didn't get any intercept marks against Brisbane, one of the main reasons they lost that game as intercept marks are where they launch a lot of their attacks,

That's why it's important that our forwards, especially the ones playing a defensive role like Geary, Battle or Marsh limit their intercept marks as much as possible.
Yeah it's crucial. So much of their game is built around it. I'm confident we'll do a lot of work on it. King plucking a few early would be very important. Would put their whole defence under the pump to give his opponent a chop out.

Tigs fans already talking about “their game against Port”...

Fair play, they’re rightly confident, but bugger me there’s a fair difference between cockiness and just being arrogant pricks.

Very short memories, a lot of ‘em.
Yeah congrats to the Tiges for going for 4 premierships in a row and not losing finals they're supposed to 'walk in'...oh wait

This thread is like a Hydra. Every time I check back in there's another 5+ pages to read. Great to see everyone is up and about and I fully expect the players will share that very same enthusiasm when they run out tomorrow. Happy with the ins this afternoon, nothing too melt-worthy there. Granted Richmond are much better than they were earlier on in the season but we've also figured out who we are and we know we can compete with the top 4 teams. Although we're not getting the respect in the media and from the Richmond fans (who cares anyway) we'll just continue showing up and proving people wrong until they figure we belong. We'll step to Richmond tomorrow night and we've essentially got a free hit and I would be shocked if we don't build on last week despite the outs.

Judging by the Steele interview on Fox last night, he's keen to have a big one and make up for a down game by his lofty standards last week, Roma is a big-game player and will appreciate the added responsibility and Ratts will make sure the whole group is primed, in particular the young guns like Hunter, Coff, King and Paton who will need to be at their best. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back