Preview 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Friday 9th October, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's crucial. So much of their game is built around it. I'm confident we'll do a lot of work on it. King plucking a few early would be very important. Would put their whole defence under the pump to give his opponent a chop out.

It will be hard for the Richmond backs to take intercept marks when the likes of Butler, Hill, Jones and Sincs are ripping through our forward line on their third bounce.

Should be a good game i hope so good luck. I know our players have been joking around calling st Kilda a walk in the park as they soft with no hurt factor which i hope karma doesn't bite us in the bum. I have a feeling Marshall will have a great game.
That’s funny our players think your players are front running, big headed, ego heads

We'll swap you for witherden if you want?

What happened to that bloke?
Still only 22. Great size at 188cm 85kg. Still averages 19.2 disposals per game. Still only played 59 games.

Would make the first “defensive group” of med/smalls Wilkie, Paton,
Long, Coffield and himself, with Clark floating between there and midfield.

*chefs kiss*

Would be very keen, but significantly doubt they let him go.

Jono Marsh.
Is there anything more St Kilda than him? Rough, had a bad trott and an underdog. Worked his way back from the bottom to be playing in AFL finals.

The dogged heart of a warrior with no inclination to back down from a fight. The bloke has many doubters, even from fans themselves. But I see him as a bloke who will leave it all on the field, just to back his mates in and scrap for the win.

A true epitome of what it takes to be a Moorabbin marvel. Tough, fierce and ready for the fight.

He will have 21 other mates out there, all willing for the same thing. All knowing that he has their back and that they have his.

Strength through loyalty. There's no bigger place for that than in finals.

They told us all that we were not ready, that we will fail. But the old Moorabbin ghosts are showing through.

This is our time.

This is St kilda.

#TogetherWeRise

S I X H U N D R E D T H O U S A N D D O L L A R S P E R Y E A R. . . . . .

In fairness, it's not like he planned to scare the everloving heck out of us at GMHBA when he keeled over that night ... pretty sure he'd love nothing more than to be out there, too.

Hopefully we've not seen the last of him, and he can step out confidently a few times next year (even if he's depth, he's good depth if healthy)

Jono Marsh.
Is there anything more St Kilda than him? Rough, had a bad trott and an underdog. Worked his way back from the bottom to be playing in AFL finals.

The dogged heart of a warrior with no inclination to back down from a fight. The bloke has many doubters, even from fans themselves. But I see him as a bloke who will leave it all on the field, just to back his mates in and scrap for the win.

A true epitome of what it takes to be a Moorabbin marvel. Tough, fierce and ready for the fight.

He will have 21 other mates out there, all willing for the same thing. All knowing that he has their back and that they have his.

They told us all that we were not ready, that we will fail. But the old Moorabbin ghosts are showing through.

This is our time.

This is St kilda.

#TogetherWeRise
Imagine Marsh after a flag win.

138E65E7-1272-45F0-AD93-F60FDF9FCCCB.jpeg

Jono Marsh.

This is our time.

This is St kilda.

#TogetherWeRise
Stop it. I cant sleep already

In fairness, it's not like he planned to scare the everloving heck out of us at GMHBA when he keeled over that night ... pretty sure he'd love nothing more than to be out there, too.

Hopefully we've not seen the last of him, and he can step out confidently a few times next year (even if he's depth, he's good depth if healthy)

I was there. It was bloody scary, I’ll tell you. ( And I‘m not talking about being surrounded by the Geelong ferals.)

Sav could be an inspired choice. His long kicking to clear their zone when they push up and get us some cheapies out the back.

Force the midfield turnover. Hand to Sav on the outside to clear their defensive line Nd watch as Butler etc run the ball home for us

Also, if we find we're struggling to get it in to our forwards in good position we could do far worse than give it to Sav or Howard 55 out ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if it has sunk in? 6 teams left and we are still going.... This time last year we were wondering how long until we could do some damage. Here we are nothing to lose, super hungry. One soldier out 1 soldier in mentality. How good is it?

Richmond have their legacy on the line, and know we can run with them ... they have everything to lose - we have everything to gain - a prelim would establish us as the up-and-coming desirable team for every decent free agent who is out to get a flag in the next few years.

Bottom line, both sides put 22 out there to play the game ... hopefully the umps don't wreck what SHOULD be a cracking game ...

Apologies if its a repost. Just seen it myself. Big fella made me smile.

Great to see that Spida is still a Saints man, a pity he couldn't have been a one club player for us though, going to the Hawks and the Swans tarnished him a little.

Still only 22. Great size at 188cm 85kg. Still averages 19.2 disposals per game. Still only played 59 games.

Would make the first “defensive group” of med/smalls Wilkie, Paton,
Long, Coffield and himself, with Clark floating between there and midfield.

*chefs kiss*

Would be very keen, but significantly doubt they let him go.
I think the whack on him is a lack of defensive mindset. That’s the polite version. But he’d love Ratts.

I think you can expect to see dusty spend a lot of time forward. Dimma knows Wilkie is the only guy for us that can somewhat match up on him 1 on 1 and by doing that it takes him away from Riewoldt. That gives us two choices we either play marsh on jack or bring battle down back and send marsh forward which I think we would have to do.

This would mean if we start playing the long bomb game hoping it will come to ground to our smalls, it will play right into their hands. they love starting their offence from defensive turnover/intercept and they will have a field day due our lack of tall targets.

The only way we can win is with 4 quarters of high pressure, fast, run and gun footy with lots of kicks on the 45 and overlap handballing to find the space out the back. Any kicks down the line will get eaten up all day.

Yeah definitely not a huge step back I'd rather have the other 3 no doubt. Maybe Battle for Carlisle is an upgrade but because they have Riewoldt and Lynch I'd rather Carlisle.

The ruck is an interesting one. If we had Ryder I would of said we could win it there, but now its pretty even. Surprised they dropped Chol rather than trying to stretch us in the ruck with Roma our only real option. Does Marsh pinch hit?
If we had looked at the team last year those 3 were in the 22. This year 2 out if 3 went. Just shows the backup players are better then we have had previously.

Doesn't mean we will win, but at least we have a chance.

Should be a good game i hope so good luck. I know our players have been joking around calling st Kilda a walk in the park as they soft with no hurt factor which i hope karma doesn't bite us in the bum. I have a feeling Marshall will have a great game.
Oh please, how wonderful that the tiger players think like that.

Intrude with respect folks ! May I ask how is jimmy Webster not getting a run ! Thought he would be a good fit against the tigers.
Best of luck give em hell , run em off their fat little legs and don’t take a back would step , they implode if you stand up to them.

cheers !
irish . Has not played all year. Only scratch matches in the last few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back