Game Day 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
90s were my era when I got into footy. I had a half arsed interest in it and then under Ken Sheldon we actually started to look like we weren't just a piss head club there to make up numbers. Lockett was unstoppable, Winmar in full flight, young Harves and Burkey, Stewie Leowe. 1997 made me into a proper fan.
I remember back in my junior footy years I got my Mum to write a letter to the club asking them if they'd take our footy club (Caulfield Bears) to Saints training/a tour of the ground. I was already in love then but that just was the icing on the cake. Going to auskick clinics will all my mates from footy was crazy. I remember vividly that Gary Hocking yelled at me during one of the drills for not doing enough pushups. I was 7 and I cried. Hated him since then haha.

Every year after that the club invited us down for a clinic and that's where I saw Fraser bench 160KG's, still a club record. That was probably our last year of clinics.

I've always been in and out of the club, I don't know if it's coincidence or I just force myself into it. Probably force.

Nah. I'ts a statement.

I don't care mate and either should you.

Question: Who is your all time favourite Saint?
Milney.
Aussie.
Stuwey.

Recalling that Spida might have been my gateway drug. You didn't see any AFL players with dreads back then and I was initially drawn to the saints by his unconventional attitude.

Current faves: Parker & Battle.

90s were my era when I got into footy. I had a half arsed interest in it and then under Ken Sheldon we actually started to look like we weren't just a piss head club there to make up numbers. Lockett was unstoppable, Winmar in full flight, young Harves and Burkey, Stewie Leowe. 1997 made me into a proper fan.
Same, St Kilda in the 90s had probably the most charsimatic footballers in the league and one sexy guernsey too

Plugger, Burke, Loewe, Harves, Winmar, Aussie Jones (the GOAT name for a footballer), Thommo, Vidovic,

Hey legends,

I’ve been a member for a while, took a 2 year hiatus due to a marriage breakdown and hitting rock bottom. Wasn’t really a big poster before but chimed in every now and then.

Just wanted to say exciting is it to have the mighty Saints back in the finals and giving us a glimpse of what we’re in for in the future. Makes that day I spent in cold and hail at the G watching us get spanked by 20 goals worth it.

It’s also my birthday, so I’m hoping I can get the best birthday present in a long time. Regardless of what happens tonight, I’m excited for our future and ecstatic of what we’ve achieved this year.

Anyway, that’s enough from me, I’ve just cracked the slab, let’s give em hell Sainters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey legends,

I’ve been a member for a while, took a 2 year hiatus due to a marriage breakdown and hitting rock bottom. Wasn’t really a big poster before but chimed in every now and then.

Just wanted to say exciting is it to have the mighty Saints back in the finals and giving us a glimpse of what we’re in for in the future. Makes that day I spent in cold and hail at the G watching us get spanked by 20 goals worth it.

It’s also my birthday, so I’m hoping I can get the best birthday present in a long time. Regardless of what happens tonight, I’m excited for our future and ecstatic of what we’ve achieved this year.

Anyway, that’s enough from me, I’ve just cracked the slab, let’s give em hell Sainters!

Don't know you that well but great to see you back mate.

Great to see others back too, incredible the kind of support the Saints get when we're winning.

Everyone is saying don't melt if we lose, well I don't think that will happen anyway. I don't think it needs to be said. Win or loss I reckon a lot of us are so proud of the effort this year.

Nervous. Not a great night's sleep, but I'm up and and at 'em now. Whatever the outcome we have had a great year. I was keen we got to the finals and got at least a couple of games in. Don't get me wrong, I still think we can win. Just got to knock Richmond off their usual game. Easier said than done though.

You never know. They have had a funny year, and the wheel sometimes turns on previously successful teams. We have nothing to lose. At the least I hope we turn up with plenty of spirit and guts.

Guys like Billings have had reasonable games, without being stellar. Steele a bit quiet last game. If we get a couple of big performances we could be in the money.

Go Saints.

Probably the booze talking, but f me I hate everything about richmond. Even down to their stupid jumper that looks like that forrest gump Matthew Richardson ate a kilo of corn and rubbed his ass like a dog from one side of the jumper to the other.

Would just go to games to watch him
Was amazing to watch remember watching him at the G one night against the Blues they couldn't get near him

One of the best games I ever went to was the game where Buddha ran through him at Cardinia Park. My wife was studying down there and I stayed the week end with her and went by myself to the game. It was like a country match in the 1960s or something there and they were feral as ****. We some how beat them and they properly went insane. It was like attending the coliseum or something. People got absolutely shit faced and stood on skies and cans, people had fist fights in the stands. It must have been what the old Moorabin was like.

Don't know you that well but great to see you back mate.

Great to see others back too, incredible the kind of support the Saints get when we're winning.

Everyone is saying don't melt if we lose, well I don't think that will happen anyway. I don't think it needs to be said. Win or loss I reckon a lot of us are so proud of the effort this year.

Thanks, mate.

Don’t get me wrong, whilst I’m over the moon with how we’ve performed this year. I also feel that If we’re in it, we may as well bloody with the thing!

One of the best games I ever went to was the game where Buddha ran through him at Cardinia Park. My wife was studying down there and I stayed the week end with her and went by myself to the game. It was like a country match in the 1960s or something there and they were feral as fu**. We some how beat them and they properly went insane. It was like attending the coliseum or something. People got absolutely sh*t faced and stood on skies and cans, people had fist fights in the stands. It must have been what the old Moorabin was like.
He had some great battles with Buddha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back