AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Houston offering stability by stating he's staying before finals removes the 300 questions at each press conference.

It doesn't mean he stays.

Port would know internally if Houston is likely to go, might be why they're thinking of moving Rozee to half-back and bringing in Parish.

Doing a bit more reading this morning, Port board is also not entirely convinced Houston is staying and thinks a trade that involves Parish for Houston could be what's being workshopped.

Their supporters threw up Parish + EFC First for Houston, but I'd have thought a player swap is about correct weight? Have to give quality to get quality and Houston for Parish would help re-balance our midfield and open up opportunities for Hobbs and Tsatas next year.

Doing a bit more reading this morning, Port board is also not entirely convinced Houston is staying and thinks a trade that involves Parish for Houston could be what's being workshopped.

Their supporters threw up Parish + EFC First for Houston, but I'd have thought a player swap is about correct weight? Have to give quality to get quality and Houston for Parish would help re-balance our midfield and open up opportunities for Hobbs and Tsatas next year.
I'll release all of jmoo wan sex tapes for free if we pay the pick to even up that trade.

I dont think a first is fair but maybe parish and a later pick. He has been injury prone last 2 seasons and Houston is a freshly minted AA.

I would not be looking at Parish and a first simply because Houston is 27.
The play for us is keep the first and take a layer pick for Parish.
Houston is a good player and worth a decent pick but we need to be looking at players under 24 if we are moving out the first round pick.

Would more likely be

Parish and 28 for Houston and 37

If they are genuinely interested in Parish and Houston was keen on us id try and make it happen.

OUT Pick 8 (1551), Parish, F2 (677)

IN Pick 37 (483), Houston, F1 (1025)

Points wise based on this year it equals

Parish and Pick 26 for Houston.

I think Port could go for it as they gain a top 10 pick in a strong draft they are not currently involved in, a player that slots straight into their midfield, and the possibility that the difference between their F1 and our F2 ends up being minimal.

We gain a player in an area of need, open up opportunities to rebalance our midfield mix, and have an extra 2025 1st for future negotiations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might even be a 3 teamer.

Team 3 gets Houston.
Port gets Parish + First
Essendon gets player or pick from team 3

Does anyone have a source for Parish to port.. Sounds too good to be true. Being able to play Tsatas/hobbs/Duz in there instead is just drastically better for our list balance and midfield balance

It doesn't make sense for me. What issue does he solve for Ports midfield mix?
They already have three guys that are good clearance players with questionable defensive work in rozee, butters and jhf but all three are much more damaging than parish.
They must want him as a pressure forward or elite half back distributor 🤣

Why do port always ream us. Even zerk for a chronically injured duursma we gave overs, it should have been a straight swap. Now a half 28 year old back flanker for an A.A mid we have to chuck in a first too? Lol 🤣. A straight swap or nothing.

Why do port always ream us. Even zerk for a chronically injured duursma we gave overs, it should have been a straight swap. Now a half 28 year old back flanker for an A.A mid we have to chuck in a first too? Lol 🤣. A straight swap or nothing.
canadian what GIF by CBC

It’s a forum so people are welcome to talk about what they like, but we’re wasting our breath (words?) here - Parish isn’t moving to South Australia.

People need to take some real world context into things sometimes - he’s got a 6 week old kid at home and is set up here.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back