Retired #3: Paul Chapman

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the likelihood of him getting off? I haven't seen the incident closely enough, not many get off when challenging though and will then have points hanging over his head for the rest of the season.

Deledio somehow got his suspension downgraded from intentional to reckless last week so anything is possible.

Can't see what the can argue it down too anyway, it's obviously high impact, it was graded as low impact and reckless conduct.

The only chance is negligent but jeez you are pushing it! If anything he is dead lucky to not get both incidents combined. Was utter stupidity from Chappy. Already laid a dumb bump, decides to do another one just to make sure he gets suspended!

I love how, yet again, players have been suspended for bumps that weren't even called free kicks on the field.. o_O

Would that escape suspension with his carry over points? sometimes its better to just take the penalty and wipe the slate clean

Don't think so, negligent is 70 odd and he has 60 odd carry overs so that is week, unless you then get the 25% discount for a guilty plea?

Can't see what the can argue it down too anyway, it's obviously high impact, it was graded as low impact and reckless conduct.
i honestly thought he would get off for insufficient impact. there was absolutely nothing in that. ****ing Merret nearly knocks someones head off and get 2 weeks. This is a joke. It was stupid but it is a joke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i honestly thought he would get off for insufficient impact. there was absolutely nothing in that. ******* Merret nearly knocks someones head off and get 2 weeks. This is a joke. It was stupid but it is a joke

He elbowed him in the head, gotta get a week for that

Same suspension as Le Cras, what a ******* joke.

That's twice West Coast have dodged massive MRP bullets, first with Glass.

Wrong, Le Cras got charged at a level 3 offence. Has a 6 year good record.

Le Cras did originally get 2 but down to 1 with an early plea, Chappy got 1 but no early plea because of his record.

LeCras left the ground and poleaxed the bloke with his arm, not even his shoulder. He's lucky Hoskin-Elliot doesn't have a glass jaw, but how it wasn't deemed intentional and medium impact is ludicrous.

which is why the system doesn't work

No it shows the system does work. If Chappy didn't have a prior he'd be playing this week. You deserve some discount if you don't have priors.

1 week for Chappy, we finally on the good side of the AFL, thought at least 2 weeks. Be fresh and ready for Richmond, which will be a very important game for us

Lucky Dempsey didn't do what Chappy did. He would have been marched out of the club by some on this board.

Would have been the first thing Dempsey has done all season!

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #3: Paul Chapman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back