Retired #3: Paul Chapman

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh well he was gonna get rested a few times this year anyway. I know we have the bye next week but the extra week might actually be beneficial for him at his age. I guess i never expected Winderlich/Chapman to play week in week out this year - probably only expecting about 22 games between the 2 of them during the regular season.

Well, he's been injured for most of it and hasn't done a preseason. Did you expect him to come back in and get 20+ and run like a gazelle. Not his fault he gets picked to play.

I expect him to not give stupid 50's and to not turn the ball over every time:

Chappy deserves his week off.. it was a sloppy act and he had prior record.. so for me that is the system working.

The Le Cras one is the flip side.. dodgy decision, shit decision.. should have been 4+ weeks to start, comes down to 3 with good record and early plea. It was down right dangerous and could have seen a player out for months with a broken jaw, or worse.

Just been thinking a bit about Chappy's role in the side and club generally...

I'm personally extremely happy. He started the season on fire in terms of goals- and that has died off- but I think his Richmond game underlined what else he brings to the side.

Eight tackles- that's real grunt. I thought he was one of the key reasons early on that Richmond were completely worried out of possession, in terms of the pressure (both real and perceived) that he applied.

Obviously, I'd like him to be kicking more goals, but if he plays like he did against Richmond every week, then we're doing very well.

And it's not exactly reinventing the wheel to say this, but the thought of having him around our young players fills me with considerable happiness. You couldn't ask for many better to learn from. If he tells you to jump, you only ask how high and whether he wants you to jump again after hitting the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10th game this weekend in Red & Black.

#Milestone.

Suspect Chappy is not happy at present. The club (as advised by AFL) told Chappy that the ASADA stuff would not impact 2014. And look what's happening. He was loving his footy early on but has looked unhappy in recent times since this resurfaced. Understandable.

Suspect Chappy is not happy at present. The club (as advised by AFL) told Chappy that the ASADA stuff would not impact 2014. And look what's happening. He was loving his footy early on but has looked unhappy in recent times since this resurfaced. Understandable.

You never saw him play at Geelong then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #3: Paul Chapman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back