Player Watch #3 Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

adams1.jpg

Player Profile:

Drafted by GWS with Pick 13 in the 2011 National Draft, Taylor Adams made his AFL debut in Round 5 of the 2012 season. After 31 games with the Giants the midfielder moved to Collingwood where he went on to play 10 seasons and five finals campaign for the Magpies. He joins the Sydney Swans with a wealth of experience including a Grand Final appearance in 2018. In 2020 he was named the club’s Best and Fairest and selected in the All-Australian team.

DOB: 20 Sep 1993
Draft: 2011
RECRUITED FROM: Collingwood

Last edited:
Nicks dropped Hinge right in it for that free. "Not enough (forget the word he used) beforehand and not much use after the event". Harsh but very true.

Ha. Thought he was still holding back and he was dead right.

Was hard watching his presser. Think lots of us admire him from his time with us.

Ha. Thought he was still holding back and he was dead right.

Was hard watching his presser. Think lots of us admire him from his time with us.
Decent guy for sure. Hasn't got the list to do better than 9-12. Their drafting has been ordinary to say the least. Their motivation comes and goes with the wind. Fogarty is a third tall. The defence is VFL+ , midfield one paced. Tough gig.

Decent guy for sure. Hasn't got the list to do better than 9-12. Their drafting has been ordinary to say the least. Their motivation comes and goes with the wind. Fogarty is a third tall. The defence is VFL+ , midfield one paced. Tough gig.
Yep their midfield is just snail pace tbh. They really just need to do a massive clean out at seasons end as they basically have 6 or 7 guys that are similar to Rowbottom and not many game breakers

His presence has helped take the club to the point where instead of dropping games to worse teams when they jump out to an early lead and put us under pressure, we are collectively holding our nerve and steaming over teams. That obviously has to change in that we can’t just keep giving teams leads in the first half but Adams has a coolness about him that is permeating through the team. He’s been an excellent addition.

Season 4 Monica GIF by Friends

I was dead against bringing this bloke in. I thought he would be an over the hill mid who thought he could come in and eek out a few more season in a prominent role. I could not have been more wrong. The way he has seamlessly integrated into the playing group, he has been playing his role perfectly

I was stoked.
Was a little concerned that he wasn't getting the inside-mid time that was apparently the reason for him wanting out of the Pies, and that he might become disgruntled here as well.
Think it has taken a few games to find a way to utilise his skillset within our structure but is really beginning to leave his mark on the game.
While he is clearly enjoying being surrounded by excitement machines like Heeney, Gulden and Warner, I love his almost-aloof, undying commitment to just cracking in harder than the opponent and getting it done.
I so want the highlight of his career to be the few years he spent with us.

I was stoked.
Was a little concerned that he wasn't getting the inside-mid time that was apparently the reason for him wanting out of the Pies, and that he might become disgruntled here as well.
Think it has taken a few games to find a way to utilise his skillset within our structure but is really beginning to leave his mark on the game.
While he is clearly enjoying being surrounded by excitement machines like Heeney, Gulden and Warner, I love his almost-aloof, undying commitment to just cracking in harder than the opponent and getting it done.
I so want the highlight of his career to be the few years he spent with us.
Same

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The journalism around the free kick he got following his whack from Hinge is pretty trash.

Seems like all the articles suggest he was taunting an Adelaide player.. but Hinge comes from side of screen and it looks more like Adam’s is slowly going up to Amartey to celebrate..

Not too many facts getting thrown around by journos.. but that doesn’t really surprise

The journalism around the free kick he got following his whack from Hinge is pretty trash.

Seems like all the articles suggest he was taunting an Adelaide player.. but Hinge comes from side of screen and it looks more like Adam’s is slowly going up to Amartey to celebrate..

Not too many facts getting thrown around by journos.. but that doesn’t really surprise
Former Crows players condemned it and then that rat Luke Darcy blamed Adams

Good luck to Parker trying to displace him

Yep and Adams’ knows Grundy’s game which is a huge plus. He also strikes me as a smarter footballer than Parker, who’s a bit of a see ball get ball hack-merchant.

Not that I have anything against Luke. His grunt and love for this club means he absolutely deserves a flag but unfortunately not ahead of Adams at the moment.

Ideally they’ll both be in the 22 if we go all the way. I hope that’s the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hard to tell without a definitive camera angle but my first thoughts were that he was taunting Amartey's opponent Keane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back