Player Watch #30: Alex Neal-Bullen – traded to the Crows for pick 28, thanks for everything Nibbler

Remove this Banner Ad

Came third in the 3km time trial at the combine apparently?

Can forgot that his dislocated his knee earlier in the year, bit of a shit injury to come back from.

Great pickup. Is the 'Kent' of the 2014 draft.
I think he is a better prospect than Kent tbh, like them both both I think ANB is more equipped to play through the middle and just looks to get to even better positions than Kent. I have been impressed, he is a great sub but will move into a starting role next season.

I think he is a better prospect than Kent tbh, like them both both I think ANB is more equipped to play through the middle and just looks to get to even better positions than Kent. I have been impressed, he is a great sub but will move into a starting role next season.

Actually think you are underrating Kent, his pace/pressure/finishing is like having another Garlett down there who is a lot more physical.

It's hard for him and Brayshaw to show what they can do when they're not being played in the midfield, also.

Completely agree, but with Kent out Garlett is the only genuine forward we have below 190cm so we don't have much else to rotate through there. Newton had a chance and looked impressive early with his skills but panicked a bit with ball in hand.

Guys like Brayshaw/Stretch/ANB would get so much more of the ball if they were higher up in the pecking order, but we will have to wait a few years for that. Almost feel Hogans outstanding first 15 games is overshadowing Brayshaw, he is a lot more damaging than I thought he'd be with ball in hand and has more pace.

Completely agree, but with Kent out Garlett is the only genuine forward we have below 190cm so we don't have much else to rotate through there. Newton had a chance and looked impressive early with his skills but panicked a bit with ball in hand.

Guys like Brayshaw/Stretch/ANB would get so much more of the ball if they were higher up in the pecking order, but we will have to wait a few years for that. Almost feel Hogans outstanding first 15 games is overshadowing Brayshaw, he is a lot more damaging than I thought he'd be with ball in hand and has more pace.
If Brayshaw was playing in the midfield every week he'd still be in Rising Star discussions IMO. Was really coming into his own midseason.

****!

So what do we say of Nibbler in 2016? In my mind he is a victim of the team's success and the almost embarrassment of riches we now have in terms of our inside/ goal-kicking mids. The improved form of Harmes, Tyson and Kent plus the additions of BenKen, Oliver and Petracca mean its going to be really hard for him to crack into the seniors, even though he's definitely deserving of a place.

It's healthy to be in this position as a club, but I hope Nibbler can see this competition for spots as motivation to keep beating the door down, and not as a reason to look elsewhere at year's end. I really rate him and i hope he's the first in line for a call-up if one of our other mids goes down.

Kent kicks and creates goals. One of my favourite Demons to watch.
Agree completely.
There is something about him and there always has been from the first time he played for us.
Haven't seen a minute of Casey this year but reading ANB's stats, he's clearly doing well.
Poor bugger is just a victim of us starting the year well and not having any injuries at the moment.

Obviously the sooner a spot opens up for him the better but he's only 20, got loads of time on his side, think he's built for a solid career. I can't see him wanting to leave either given he's got his best mate Stretch with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another day out for ANB, I think it's now officially moved past the point of waiting for a spot to open up for him, a spot needs to be made now.
...but who the hell do you drop? Michie aside because Kent is on the physio table.

B: Jetta Garland Bugg - can't be a FB, Jetta v good, Bugg improving by the week
HB: Wagner TMac Hunt - sacrifice the pace of Hunt? Wagner possible but won't suit ANB
C: Vince Viney BenKen - Kennedy a possible? Other two safe
HF: Watts Pedersen Petracca - Trac? Doubt it
F: Garlett Hogan Kent - Does Kent move for ANB? Surely not
R: Gawn Jones Tyson - does Tyson move?
Int: Oliver Salem Harmes Stretch - Stretch a possible tbh. Oliver if he tires again. Harmes just off RS nom so has credits.

Is Stretch the one?

And we have Trengove and Newton at the door...

...but who the hell do you drop? Michie aside because Kent is on the physio table.

B: Jetta Garland Bugg - can't be a FB, Jetta v good, Bugg improving by the week
HB: Wagner TMac Hunt - sacrifice the pace of Hunt? Wagner possible but won't suit ANB
C: Vince Viney BenKen - Kennedy a possible? Other two safe
HF: Watts Pedersen Petracca - Trac? Doubt it
F: Garlett Hogan Kent - Does Kent move for ANB? Surely not
R: Gawn Jones Tyson - does Tyson move?
Int: Oliver Salem Harmes Stretch - Stretch a possible tbh. Oliver if he tires again. Harmes just off RS nom so has credits.

Is Stretch the one?

And we have Trengove and Newton at the door...
And don't forget Brayshaw!

He seems to be trying to bash the door down with his head which is problematic

Hardly his fault the first one, Newton the goose kicked a footy into his scone. Coulda happened to anyone.

Poor bugger is just having the year from hell, its all been downhill since the first bounce of the NAB Challenge. I agree with yours and others sentiment though, give Gus a good old fashioned break, send him over to WA for a few weeks to visit Jesse Hogan's family and friends, have Gus pass on the message to them that Jesse isnt coming home.

Last edited:
Then only theory I have based on 0 evidence is that maybe he isnt doing something the coaches want
-IE picking the wrong moments to attack, or his man has gotten 46 touches every game, his kicking is a disgrace or something like that because the kid has no problem getting his hands on it

Then only theory I have based on 0 evidence is that maybe he isnt doing something the coaches want
-IE picking the wrong moments to attack, or his man has gotten 46 touches every game, his kicking is a disgrace or something like that because the kid has no problem getting his hands on it
The first 10m of his kick into the back of Gus' head looked pretty good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #30: Alex Neal-Bullen – traded to the Crows for pick 28, thanks for everything Nibbler

Remove this Banner Ad

Back