Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Why? Because the whole 'needling kids' thing is emotive and also a non sequitur.

What matters is what was given to the players, not the method of delivery. Every club uses 'needles'. I guarantee even we still would. And that's fine if it what's in the needle is fine.

'Needling kids' just sounds horribly ignorant. Like a catchphrase one of the wonderful members of the fourth estate would pen.
Well Im happy to retract the comment if you like, it summed up how I read the situation. It's not designed to be ignorant but indicative of how I feel when dwelling on what's taken place at my club. I apologise if it upsets you, it's simply one opinion from a frustrated member

Well Im happy to retract the comment if you like, it summed up how I read the situation. It's not designed to be ignorant but indicative of how I feel when dwelling on what's taken place at my club. I apologise if it upsets you, it's simply one opinion from a frustrated member
Not a matter of retracting, and as members we have every right to be annoyed with the sloppy, unprofessional manner that our programme was run in.

But the 'needling kids' thing really does sound like a sound bite straight from the book of Caro.

Ryder needs to consider how much Port want him.
They are not prepared to package up one single player from their best 22 to go with pick 17.
What does this say about how much they want him and value him?
I think it's reasonable that no players want to leave a team on Port's trajectory for us. Still could improve the offer by trading in a higher pick from elsewhere though.

That's probably the point I misrepresented earlier. It's the systematic needling that worries me. I know needles are used daily by qualified people (as no shortage of fans here let me know that), but the administration of this program and the qualifications of those administering them is the concern. I just don't believe the advantages of the program were ever worth the risk they took with the players. Ryder and his partner must have been on edge for ages wondering about their unborn kid, who needs that stress? Especially from playing footy.

1796565_10152726743314356_1290122626531302731_n.jpg

What a ridiculous looking human

Him and Heppell mean we're going to have a few rough heads with "interesting" in our leadership group soon. I reckon if Hirdy has to go soon we get Krusty to coach them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you need to visit the htb. Gets a run on a daily basis
Never. An insult to one's intelligence. Seriously farked up individuals with real issues.

I wonder if any psychology student or professional wants to make a name for themselves. Just go study that clusterfark of a board and they may solve why so many people are stupid.

Just heard Connors on radio stating that if Ryder can't get to Port he will consider retirement. This is just getting beyond ridiculous.
What if he can get to lowly Adelaide?! Nope not good enough because he feels let down by Essendon. You're drunk paddy

So GWS may:

- Trade Jacksch to Carlton for pick 7
- Offload pick 7 and other picks/players to WBD for Griffen
- Trade pick 4 for Ryder

I'd take this and run

If GWS offer pick 4 for Ryder and we accept but Ryder rejects does he still have grounds to appeal? We are not blocking his release - he is.

Go check the ASADA thread.. posted it ages OK.. basicaly WCV said there was nothing to find and they have closed the case unless 'further evidence comes to light'..

I would remind you that the club hasn't been found 'legally' guilty of anything.. anything.

Some trumped up and vague 'BGID' charge isn't really going to mean a lot to a court of contract/tort law.

However Middleton used as an argument against Hird and club that they accepted charges from afl..

If GWS offer pick 4 for Ryder and we accept but Ryder rejects does he still have grounds to appeal? We are not blocking his release - he is.

You'd think that if Ryder got like a 4 year deal on good coin from GWS Connors' advice to Ryder would rapidly swing from 'Getting to Port Adelaide is a must' to 'when can I get my commission?'.

Are you pro-autism are you?
Really?
I chose to immunise my kids and no 'I'm not pro-autism'.
The risks associated with these diseases far outweigh the risks associated with the immunisation.
Esp now when whooping cough is going round. My office has had 2 warnings in relation to this in the last 12 months and that is only 1 office.
Sorry for going off track

Really?
I chose to immunise my kids and no 'I'm not pro-autism'.
The risks associated with these diseases far outweigh the risks associated with the immunisation.
Esp now when whooping cough is going round. My office has had 2 warnings in relation to this in the last 12 months and that is only 1 office.
Sorry for going off track
I assume / hope to god he was joking...

Looking more and more likely we will get massive unders for Ryder. Cant see us benefiting much out of a deal with Port. I really hope GWS/GC/Brisbane come and offer something

So Pies say they are not trading with Lions.

We need to say the same with Port, tell Paddy to open up to all interstate clubs if he's serious about just moving for family reasons and nothing more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Back