Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting to wonder whether the club should take Paddy into the bush for a bit.. have a bbq, maybe even get the young brothers around, including Jake Long.. bring in Natrat and Longy.. and just give Ryder a chance to see how important he is.. and that if he can hold in there a little longer.. it will be over..

Don't know.. but I just can't believe the brinksmanship going on is what a guy like Ryder would want.. retire if I don't get to Port.. what utter tripe.

I'm personally not in a good mood about it.. but something is telling me that he could be talked around if the right people got in his ear.. and right now Port aren't acting like they are serious about him at all.. so why bother?

Starting to wonder whether the club should take Paddy into the bush for a bit.. have a bbq, maybe even get the young brothers around, including Jake Long.. bring in Natrat and Longy.. and just give Ryder a chance to see how important he is.. and that if he can hold in there a little longer.. it will be over..

Don't know.. but I just can't believe the brinksmanship going on is what a guy like Ryder would want.. retire if I don't get to Port.. what utter tripe.

I'm personally not in a good mood about it.. but something is telling me that he could be talked around if the right people got in his ear.. and right now Port aren't acting like they are serious about him at all.. so why bother?

If you could give him a mentor role at the club, to develop the young boys would be good. Long and maybe a Garlett or something like that to play an active role in building the culture of the club.

If you could give him a mentor role at the club, to develop the young boys would be good. Long and maybe a Garlett or something like that to play an active role in building the culture of the club.
Nah f*** him, we get a fair trade for him or the soft **** retires.

He's gone.

Yep.. or tell him he can take some time off.. get a while for a bit..

I guess I was even thinking.. maybe you say to him.. take 3 months long service leave.. and if it isn't resolved then.. we will release you for free.. you can walk to the club of choice.. I don't know.. I understand it isn't practical..

But I just think it is starting to stink of BS.. someone isn't telling the truth...

Id be happy for him to retire. Massive 5-7 years of non 500-600k pays. Thats what, ~3mill roughly he would miss out on.

That would be ludicrous but if the case, let him retire. He aint coming back after 2 years out of the game.

One club player. If you want to leave the club Paddy, leave to any club maybe give you a slight bit of empathy of needing to be outside of Melbourne, but their are 8 more clubs outside of Melbourne now Paddy.

If a player calls his time in the game earlier than expected and we are holding them at the time, so be it. I dont see it as loseng much.

Port, Norf are really our competitors. i think their is a small 1-2 year gap where Hawks, Sydney, Freo, Geelong fall away every so slightly before GWS/GC become these amazing forces. Those that can steal a flag in between that time will look good and Ports one of those big contenders with us, having Paddy would help for their sake. Either having paddy is fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how the other Essendon players feel about the way Paddy/Connors is handling this?

Would they be just thinking it's part of the landscape these days or do you think there is a lot of resentment toward him which would really make someone as emotionally fragile as Paddy prefer retiring than playing for Essendon and facing up to the other players?

Someone like Paddy is perfect fodder for Connors, talented, fragile, easy to manipulate and let's face it, pretty simple.

Club needs to get on the front foot and organise a testimonial dinner for him. :D

Better yet a testimonial game.

B: Wanganeen, McPhee, Hardwick...

You get where this is going

Club should just say to connors, sorry mate but we're going to look at other clubs, tell Paddy to nominate 2 other clubs who have picks for a better deal. That will make Port shit themselves and possibly actually try and do something.

She's good, you gotta give her that.

"Dogs have let down their coach..blah blah blah a few paragraphs
then
ESSENDON INJECTED DRUGZ"

At least it's a new format.

The recent article about Monfries & his ASADA defense digressed pretty quickly into a Hird rant also. Ridiculous.
There was also some line about the football community getting even more upset with Hird when he resumed his seat. Utter bullsh!t. Just makes it up on the spot. Garbage.

Been saying it all day. Paddy's interview sounded like a guy who's under pressure from 3 or 4 different directions. He just needs some really tenderness from the club and a personal touch from Hird + Longy should do it. I like the idea about the bush ... but it's bloody hot out there right now!

Wasn't his brother close to getting drafted? Why don't we get him a VFL gig?

The recent article about Monfries & his ASADA defense digressed pretty quickly into a Hird rant also. Ridiculous.
There was also some line about the football community getting even more upset with Hird when he resumed his seat. Utter bullsh!t. Just makes it up on the spot. Garbage.
Ya.. you really can write them from home..

NO matter what issue.. by Paragraph 3-4 we are back to 'Hird has to go, Hird is evil'.. at what point do people become bored though.. I mean how many times can you be told the guy is the devil before you go "yep.. righto next topic"

How she can possibly link Hird into an article about the Bulldogs captain walking out and them sacking a coach.. sorry a coach 'resigning'.. that is creative journalism..

NO matter what issue.. by Paragraph 3-4 we are back to 'Hird has to go, Hird is evil'.. at what point do people become bored though.. I mean how many times can you be told the guy is the devil before you go "yep.. righto next topic"

How she can possibly link Hird into an article about the Bulldogs captain walking out and them sacking a coach.. sorry a coach 'resigning'.. that is creative journalism..

It's why I liked the very low-key return of Hird. Gave the gutter journalists very little ammo.
Though, it would appear that you can work a comment about Hird into just about any article.
Surely it's gone on so long that most people are numb to it and really don't give a stuff about Hird coaching. So what's the agenda?

(Edit: sorry for derailing...)

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Back