Player Watch #30: Reece Conca

Remove this Banner Ad

All the best Reecey Boy and chin up mate bc it can only get better . Life can’t always be tough like it has been to you. I know I’ve been you’re harshest critic bc of your physical unreliability , but hell you deserve a break as nobody deserves the shit you’ve gone through. Hope to catch you around the traps in Coburg or Brunswick just to congratulate you on being a 100gamer in the Yellow and Black.

man you could just see his heart breaking, knowing that he was (most likely) going to miss out on a possible premiership again. Was seariously having a great season and looked like his soft tissues had finally done him right. genuinely feel for the guy and love how the players got around him. *im not crying, you are*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Grigg at the MRC after match function, it's a dislocated ankle, which is better than a break. A chance to get back before the year's out.

Interesting. Cotchin alluded to it “not being as bad as first thought” in an interview after the game last night.

The people wanting him dropped every week may now actually realise how important he is to our midfield make-up.

Plays a lot of minutes and wins a lot of hard ball. Takes the load off guys like Dusty and Cotchin.

Shattered for him.

How long would a dislocation put him out for?
Im guessing being an ankle there could be a lot of tendon damage. It still looked to be dislocated when he was being taken off the stretcher as well.
How the F would you put a dislocated ankle back into place.....yuk
Best case I would presume would be 8-12 weeks
Worst-12 months.
Hopefully he still re-signs.
Mark Coughlan #2

The entire team going up and wishing him all the best on the stretcher....

What a club.

All the best to Reece!

Conca has been unlucky with injuries but his injuries haven’t really been the sort to take a toll on his body that he can’t overcome. There’s a good chance (touch wood) that he’ll bounce back from this ankle injury and best of all he’s only 26 later this year. Still got 4-6 years of good footy in him.

Poor bloke can't take a trick, I've had my criticisms but he deserves a real crack at it. Hasn't gotten that yet.

Yeah every time he starts getting used to the speed and playing well he gets injured. He could actually be a real gun if he didn’t get injured at crucial points in his career. Still only just hitting peak in terms of age so fingers crossed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #30: Reece Conca

Remove this Banner Ad

Back