Player Watch #30: Reece Conca

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder how long it was dislocated for. Don't quote me, but I know with a shoulder, usually the longer it's out the more damage is done to the connective tissues, so I'm sure it would be the same for an ankle dislocation. Hopefully it was put back in before getting to hospital!

Either way, great ******* news and if I see him around Hawthorn any time soon I'll let him know he's pushing his bloody luck and he's not allowed anymore injuries.
"Credit to our medical team and our doc who actually had to realign his ankle which is a really dangerous procedure that he had to do at the ground last night, you just don't know what you're going to get from doing that."

I'd like to wish Reece a speedy recovery in all of this. People suggesting he will play in GF i think need to realize he won't probably get up and ready before the finals and he will be best playing in the VFL to get match fit again. I can't see (cruel as it sounds) the club risking going into a final series with a bloke who's just come off a dislocated ankle. The other thing to consider is somebody else will be coming in for him who may do a Townsend or a Graham.
Lets wait for a medical prognosis before we aim high. The amazing thing about last night was we still played out of our skins one mid short and also with a rusty Dion. Higgin's was also amazing for his lack of experience. I'm backing the club to make the right decision here and what's best for the team.

not sure if we should keep him going another year or just call the vet and get him put down

horrible luck for conker

could hear him screaming

hope he gets back next year had actually been good for a while now

No structural damage to his ankle.

Even more good news.

I think the club is being optimistic saying he’ll hopefully be available for selection again by the end of the season.

His luck has to be due to turn, it would be awesome if that was this year but who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

absolutely. just showed the feeling that exists within the group. what a club!

not so sure about the rioli 'peck', but each to his own.:D
Cmon man. Who wouldn't love a peck from Dan? I would.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #30: Reece Conca

Remove this Banner Ad

Back