Player Watch #30: Reece Conca

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice vid posted by the Tiges for his 100th today: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-06-28/conca-chalks-up-century

Was worried he wouldn't return to form after that spat of injuries but delighted he has come back better than ever. Having a fantastic year and beginning to remind me of Dan Jackson towards the end of his career. Top notch stuff, Congrats Conca!

Stoked for him and his wonderful family, who manage the ups and the downside of injury and all the others facets of a son living on the other side of the country forging an AFL career.

Haere Ra
I hope his family could make it over for his 100th, it’d have to be a big deal for all of them given his injury history, couldn’t have been easy on any of them.

I hope his family could make it over for his 100th, it’d have to be a big deal for all of them given his injury history, couldn’t have been easy on any of them.

I'm so glad too .... what a moment for the Concas seeing their star and all-round good guy stealing the limelight.
Pity he didn't get to share it with 9,000 Tiger fans at the 'G'.

I'm so glad too .... what a moment for the Concas seeing their star and all-round good guy stealing the limelight.
Pity he didn't get to share it with 9,000 Tiger fans at the 'G'.
Yeah it sucks it’s at Etihad but I’m just happy to see him notch up 100 games. It’s been a long time coming.

We've been unlucky.
Imagine watching Conca and that other emerging star and nice young gentleman CEllis, whose also been cruelled ny injury, going toe to toe in a battle to cement a spot in the 22.
F*** how good would we be?
A four-peat would be a reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It appeared to me as though Franklin knew he had given away the free kick, and heard the umpire's whistle, before continuing with his tackle anyway.

I am not suggesting that Franklin tried to cause this injury.

What I am suggesting is that Franklin's gross disrespect for the rules of the game played a part in this injury occurring.

Will anything happen to him as a result? Of course not.

A few years ago, Lindsay Thomas played within the rules of the game and caused a similar injury to this. Rules were changed as a result.

In this case, Franklin had already broken the rules, and continued breaking them, leading to this injury.

Good to see the Tigers players getting around Conca once he was lifted onto the stretcher mobile.

It appeared to me as though Franklin knew he had given away the free kick, and heard the umpire's whistle, before continuing with his tackle anyway.

I am not suggesting that Franklin tried to cause this injury.

What I am suggesting is that Franklin's gross disrespect for the rules of the game played a part in this injury occurring.

Will anything happen to him as a result? Of course not.

A few years ago, Lindsay Thomas played within the rules of the game and caused a similar injury to this. Rules were changed as a result.

In this case, Franklin had already broken the rules, and continued breaking them, leading to this injury.

Good to see the Tigers players getting around Conca once he was lifted onto the stretcher mobile.
I think you saw the same thing I did

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #30: Reece Conca

Remove this Banner Ad

Back