#31 - Jarryd Lyons

Remove this Banner Ad

I have high hopes for Lyons, totally based on nothing besides the fact I had/have high hopes for L Thompson. In saying that though I had these same high hopes for Jacky...we'll see I guess.

Anyone else dissapointed he didnt get a game this year?

Cmon we used schmidt and cook...

Anyone else dissapointed he didnt get a game this year?

Cmon we used schmidt and cook...

On the surface yes but oding soe research not really - I believe he himself knew he was not fit enough to play AFL.

Big pre- season this year should see him ready to make his mark to some extent when he gets a much bigger tank.

From what I hear he was quite shocked with the level of fitness he needs to have to make it at AFL.

I'd rather him for a single quarter than cook for four. Lol

Where did you get that from Bigman?

Just watched back some highlights of him playing for Glenelg and he looks like a ripping player. Seems to have really good skills and killer lateral movement. Hopefully he gets a crack as either a small forward or HFF/midfielder this year because I think he has a lot of tools currently missing from our more regular players.

He has an arrogance around him the way he takes players on, i really like it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fitness level aside, I am also surprised he didn't get a game this year, considering the year we were having, especially late in the piece post-Craig.

Oh, and dory rhymes. lol

Just popped in to say that I went to school with Jarryd and he loves it in Adelaide and loves the club. He's working really hard at his game and he's excited at the prospects for the club. He'll be a player for you blokes. Good luck to you for the rest of 2013

Just popped in to say that I went to school with Jarryd and he loves it in Adelaide and loves the club. He's working really hard at his game and he's excited at the prospects for the club. He'll be a player for you blokes. Good luck to you for the rest of 2013

Delighted to hear he's enjoying here in Adelaide. That's always the main concern for young players, particularly those who haven't been able to play a lot of AFL footy yet.

We're very happy to have him here :thumbsu:

Delighted to hear he's enjoying here in Adelaide. That's always the main concern for young players, particularly those who haven't been able to play a lot of AFL footy yet.

We're very happy to have him here :thumbsu:

He'll stay. I'm confident that he'll maintain his current form and get a nomination in the coming weeks

He'll stay. I'm confident that he'll maintain his current form and get a nomination in the coming weeks

Agree completely mate - lot of water to go under the bridge yet, but I think he's going to be very, very good, and have people wondering how we found Lyons in the #50s in the draft.

Rapidly becoming a favourite of mine.

Agree completely mate - lot of water to go under the bridge yet, but I think he's going to be very, very good, and have people wondering how we found Lyons in the #50s in the draft.

Rapidly becoming a favourite of mine.

He was a small forward with no tank when drafted, pretty much the only reason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back