Player Watch #31: Josh Goater - re-signed until the end of 2025 - ruptured Achilles injury vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Just throwing around magnets,
McKercher moves to a wing.
Goater talks his place at HB with Fisher the other side, add in Archer and you've got your backline kind of sorted.
Interesting times ahead. Especially if Hardeman kicks on, my guess he isn't to far away.

One things for sure, if everything comes together, we're going to be one of the faster and more fun teams to watch next year.
This screams of Lmac having no place in our back line in 2025 & beyond

I think we should wait and see how he recovers, mentally and physically, before we decide he's a lock from next year. I'm rooting for him massively, but history is not kind to achilles injuries and athletes.

I had a chat to him at a birthday at a bar as he goes out with a mates daughter.

He was in good spirits. Happy to talk and engage with a Nth tragic. Genuine bloke, good to talk with - not your normal self absorbed footballer - asked questions of me and was good for a chat in general.

You could tell he was gutted with the injury though as things were just falling into place. But he was positive about the club and his rehab. Talked up Hardeman too.

Wouldn’t read too much into him looking down trodden here n there. Must be a tough process to go through. You’d have your moments for sure.

I reckon we’re one big bodied quick mid from having a sick midfield with question marks over Powell, Jy’s, and Phillips regarding their burst speed.
Now that our half backs are quite stacked, and no doubt Goater is great there. I’d love to see him work with the mids

Good intel king of the road.

Was thinking about Josh, wonder if even in the event he has lost some pace/athleticism if he can still recoup an AFL career?

He's a good height/build, courageous, seems to have decent footy IQ and his kicking can be reasonable.

Makes me think of Leigh Colbert who was projected by some (not me but that another story) similar to Goater- as a tall unicorn, before doing a knee.

It robbed him of one of his weapons - agility for size - but he was able to transform into a hard and gutsy KPD at North instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw Josh walking in this morning. Poor bugger looked like death.
Sad Arrested Development GIF

Good intel king of the road.

Was thinking about Josh, wonder if even in the event he has lost some pace/athleticism if he can still recoup an AFL career?

He's a good height/build, courageous, seems to have decent footy IQ and his kicking can be reasonable.

Makes me think of Leigh Colbert who was projected by some (not me but that another story) similar to Goater- as a tall unicorn, before doing a knee.

It robbed him of one of his weapons - agility for size - but he was able to transform into a hard and gutsy KPD at North instead.

If Goater lost 25% of his athleticism he’d still be an above average AFL athlete

Player Watch #31: Josh Goater - re-signed until the end of 2025 - ruptured Achilles injury vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back