Player Watch #45: Hamish Free - re-signed until end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It is a shame for Free, he was playing well in the VFL, but the way they do that, everyone is going to be relieved it isn't X instead!

Bloody rough how they always use clickbait to get you in, same as the AFL, always "Lion learns his fate at the tribunal" rather than, "Cameron suspension upheld" or whatever, always dragging you into the app to throw some ads at you and generate revenue!

Thing that is most frustrating with the North app, most of the time, clicking on the notification doesn't even take you to the right story after you've seen their ad!
Unfortunately common clickbait scenario, of you knew it was free would you even care?

I suspect it was unlikely he would be getting an extension anyway. Prolly means greenwood rucks out the rest pf the ressies season.

Unfortunately common clickbait scenario, of you knew it was free would you even care?

I suspect it was unlikely he would be getting an extension anyway. Prolly means greenwood rucks out the rest pf the ressies season.
The worst part for me is that I am forced into a “self-loathing” situation for being relieved that it was Hamish instead of Tristan.

In all likelihood he wasn't going to earn another contract, but it looks like the concussions will be the end of his career. Two this year on top of another one last year. Ruled out for the rest of the season in the injury update today.

Hasn't played since the Sydney V North game on July 13 where he had a head knock in the 2nd half, since then he has hardly been able to participate in training due a 3/4 lingering symptons.

Hamish is a top fella and really well liked around the club, so I hope the concussion issues sort themselves out and he has no long lasting effects.

Hamish Free - Concussion
Expected return: Start of pre-season

"Free has been symptom-free recently and has progressed through his end stages of return to full contact. He will fall in with the main group with their off-season programming schedule."

Hamish Free - Concussion
Expected return: Start of pre-season

"Free has been symptom-free recently and has progressed through his end stages of return to full contact. He will fall in with the main group with their off-season programming schedule."
Kev clearly has no idea about list management

Don’t need an update on the bloke to be first delisted

Kev clearly has no idea about list management

Don’t need an update on the bloke to be first delisted
Yeh this is code for delisted

"He will fall in with the main group with their off-season programming schedule."

Said the same Curtis Taylor lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free was there as insurance but not only was he himself injury prone, it would have been pretty hard to trust him with number 1 ruck role at AFL level given the body of work.
We'd be better off redrafting Tommy Campbell for this puprose if nothing else

Free was there as insurance but not only was he himself injury prone, it would have been pretty hard to trust him with number 1 ruck role at AFL level given the body of work.
We'd be better off redrafting Tommy Campbell for this puprose if nothing else
We should've just held on to Tommy if he wanted to stay. You never know exactly the culture in the change rooms, but he was reportedly a very hard worker.

You don't need to be a star or even playing in the 1's at a footy club to be a big contributor to building a great culture.

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We should've just held on to Tommy if he wanted to stay. You never know exactly the culture in the change rooms, but he was reportedly a very hard worker.

You don't need to be a star or even playing in the 1's at a footy club to be a big contributor to building a great culture.

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep Tommy was more than happy playing VFL level footy. Strange decision that one, one of many I suppose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #45: Hamish Free - re-signed until end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back