Player Watch #32 Samson Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

If his tap work is so predictable, why are his hit outs to advantage so high? I only remember one genuinely bad hit out (the west coast goal in the 2nd quarter), but otherwise I thought he was excellent.

Not unreasonable that he could play the Richo role .

The one where he almost won the Brownlow ‘ Wing’ .

His ball use and decision making is somewhat beyond his experience , particularly for a bloke whose scone is closer to the sun than most .
Ya reckon!? :straining:

Not many players in history could play the role Richo played that year. He was a beast.

If his tap work is so predictable, why are his hit outs to advantage so high? I only remember one genuinely bad hit out (the west coast goal in the 2nd quarter), but otherwise I thought he was excellent.
hitouts to advantage arent what most think. True hitouts to advantage which allows a clean clearance are rare - as long as the hitout reaches the intended teammate even if hes tackled and another ball up ensues = hitout to advantage

His ball use and decision making is somewhat beyond his experience , particularly for a bloke whose scone is closer to the sun than most .
I think you’re forgetting how much of a aerobic beast Richo was

A true thoroughbred, not many like him

Last edited:
Nick Riewoldt. Maybe Pav or Goodes. Can't think of many other players in the last 20 years capable of what the great man did that year.
Yeah Richo and Kouta were the standouts during that era for me

This is some of your worst, and as you know, you have posted some real shit. :heart:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Chance in the world he has anywhere near the tank or athleticism to play that role
Richo was an athletic beast that could run 15-16 klms a game

Can tell some work has been put into it too , not too many into open space for oppo mid to just swoop on , keep its quite tight like working within a ph booth . a lot diff to nank ,

hitouts to advantage arent what most think. True hitouts to advantage which allows a clean clearance are rare - as long as the hitout reaches the intended teammate even if hes tackled and another ball up ensues = hitout to advantage
True however your chances of a clearance without an advantage HO are lessened

Very good game from the kid

10 possessions (7 kicks 3 handballs)
5 contested possessions
2 tackles
29 hitouts

In 2 years time with a bigger tank and more muscle and 50 games

Goodbye Soldo

12 Hitouts to Advantage as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #32 Samson Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad