Player Watch #32 Samson Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

I am convinced he will be very good. 90% of posters including me have seen anything from him that looks promising at all (even Cumbo showed more). The club cannot be so dumb that they don’t see what we have seen so we must be missing something they know.

Or they are deluded, incompetent and desperate.

Sampson is the sort of player that will frustrate the buggery out of us until he hits around 26 year old. If we can have patience with him, he'll come good and finally grow into his body. Just going to take time and belief by the club. It's a risk but the rewards could be immense.
Maybe so but so reminds me a bit of Vickery. Ryan has 3 years to prove he can make it, let’s see how he goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue is the easy marks he drops it is infuriating.
As frustrating as it was that will sort itself out in time, he played into the game pretty well by the end imo

Had some really nice follow up attempts and tackles that were rewarded and 5 clearances to go with his 5 score involvements

He’s not completely useless after the initial ball up like a lot of the developing rucks in the comp

Reading posts on here we either have the next Ricard Flounder or Max Gawn. I’m in the first mentioned atm.

I was probably to harsh on him in my comments in the autopsy thread, he can just be a frustrating player to watch sometimes. He played a solid game.
Think from now on when he plays as a ruck yesterday needs to be his baseline

Not a fantastic game but definitely not terrible something that he can easily build on

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #32 Samson Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back