Player Watch #32 Samson Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no problem with taking another ruck in the draft. If they have real talent. But only if we think we can get a top line ruck - so in 3 to 5 years.
Don’t think we’ll go down that track in the ND. There’s just too many list needs.
There’s a couple of good kpf that can play 2nd ruck, that’d be handy from a long term development perspective.
Interesting to see if we look at a ready made ruckman, similar to last year in the RD. Help out Nank or we just persevere with Ryan and rotate Kosi, Miller, Balta through the ruck.

Don’t think we’ll go down that track in the ND. There’s just too many list needs.
There’s a couple of good kpf that can play 2nd ruck, that’d be handy from a long term development perspective.
Interesting to see if we look at a ready made ruckman, similar to last year in the RD. Help out Nank or we just persevere with Ryan and rotate Kosi, Miller, Balta through the ruck.

To me whether we pick a ruck with one of our 20's picks is down to whether we see a potential A grade ruck there. Fill that post Nank hole. If that talent level isn't there don't pick. If it is then happy for the draft team to work through our list needs.

You can usually trade or FA a mature ruck. And having a elite ruck is nice, but less important than elite mids, KPF, KPD. So I am chilled about it all. But a part time ruck isn't a long term solution.

To me whether we pick a ruck with one of our 20's picks is down to whether we see a potential A grade ruck there. Fill that post Nank hole. If that talent level isn't there don't pick. If it is then happy for the draft team to work through our list needs.

You can usually trade or FA a mature ruck. And having an elite ruck is nice, but less important than elite mids, KPF, KPD. So I am chilled about it all. But a part time ruck isn't a long term solution.
Dodson is probably the only ruckman you’d go for in the top 30.
Definitely need to find Nanks successor, Ryan is a massive long shot imo to be that player.

Dodson is probably the only ruckman you’d go for in the top 30.
Definitely need to find Nanks successor, Ryan is a massive long shot imo to be that player.
Can't see Ryan replacing Nank - with the same impact anyway.

I guess the question is do we draft or trade for our next #1 ruck? I'm easy atm. Whatever the club thinks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #32 Samson Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back