Traded #32: Travis Colyer - traded to Freo for future 4th rounder

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 32. Travis Colyer

Wow... along with the animal Hurley he sparked the win last night... His one touch and run and carry was outstanding.

First up off an injury it was a great effort. Hopefully those potting will start to see that his strengths and upside far outway what he doesn't do well.

He's an important piece of the premiership puzzle.

My Mum is a North supporter, she rang me up and was like "Who's that little number 32?, he is like a young Boomer"

One of the constant names over the preseason.

Is significantly bigger, hopefully he's retained his speed, too.

247195.jpg

Re: #32: Travis Colyer - "Burning up the track"

cant wait to see this guy running around on sunday night. I cant decide who to put in my SC out of him and Melksham :(

cant wait to see this guy running around on sunday night. I cant decide who to put in my SC out of him and Melksham :(
It's only nab cup

Don't put either in. Go Caddy

For me the problem is he still tries to do too much. He needs to remember he's not a superstar and work on the basics before he tries to run past everyone and score all the goals.

Disposal was poor, but so it was for everyone, so it's hard to know if he's improved there.

The team overall was poor in this area, but his hands weren't clean. He does try to do much, whereas as someone like Howlett knows his limitations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perceptions are interesting.

Thought that Colyer effectively played his role against the WC - played high forward, drifting into the midfield and doubling back - Disposal was a bit wonky.

Thought Howlett was very average - He needs to learn to give off the quick handball - gets many of his touches in close - but tries to break a tackle - which is often ineffective.

Perceptions are interesting.

Thought Howlett was very average - He needs to learn to give off the quick handball - gets many of his touches in close - but tries to break a tackle - which is often ineffective.

So true about perceptions, I thought Howlett was our best player across the night. Loved that fact he was trying to break tackles, and I thought he did a pretty good job at (don't remember him being caught at all), looked really classy on a couple of occasions.

One of our major issues is lack of effective spread from the contest, Howlett and Colyer are types that will rectify this.

So true about perceptions, I thought Howlett was our best player across the night. Loved that fact he was trying to break tackles, and I thought he did a pretty good job at (don't remember him being caught at all), looked really classy on a couple of occasions.

One of our major issues is lack of effective spread from the contest, Howlett and Colyer are types that will rectify this.

You are joking !

Howlett was continually caught ( albeit in tight,contested positions ) cause he tries to break the tackle - Needs to play to his strengths and get off the handball.

And Howlett is as slow as treacle.

Dont think you can have Howlett and Lonergan in the same side - As they don't spread quickly enough from the contest.

Do you mean holding the ball or just tackled? I can't remember him being pinged, If thats what you meant. I remember him continually getting hands free and dishing off (not effectively, but everyone was really struggling with the fumbles)

For me the problem is he still tries to do too much. He needs to remember he's not a superstar and work on the basics before he tries to run past everyone and score all the goals.

Disposal was poor, but so it was for everyone, so it's hard to know if he's improved there.

I think you'll find he's more than likely told to run and carry which is what you are describing as trying to do too much.

Still not convinced Colyer will make it.

Continues to have the same problems with disposal and tries to do too much with the ball.

However, this was the first game of pre season so I will reserve my judgement until the season proper.

Size and disposal problems have caused me to build up quite a bias against Colyer (a lot of it stems from not really having see him display the sort of ability that has me understanding why we took him where we did).

It will be very interesting to see how he goes following a big preseason.

I just have to keep reminding myself that Brent Harvery is also knee high to a grass hopper and has been a, more or less, very effective footballer; even if I don't think Harvey is a champion (having consistently failed to turn it on in the spotlight of a big game).

Colyer looks quicker in a straight line, but Davey seems faster dodging and weaving, or sheepdog tackling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #32: Travis Colyer - traded to Freo for future 4th rounder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back