AFL Player #33: Alwyn Davey Jr - Lindsay Griffith Rising Star

What is the preferred nickname for Alwyn Davey Jr?

• Froggy Jr

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Tadpole

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Flash

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly what I expected. If he was a first-rounder a club would have bid on him but you'll never admit you are wrong on anything.
I have admitted being wrong on plenty of things and in writing here. Not my issue if you do not read it. Why would I change my mind now ? Fact is my prediction (draft week) was late first round or second round. He has not played a game yet so why would I admit I am wrong about him. From all reports he is doing well.
In two years time if he is delisted I will say I was wrong in the same way I have said I was wrong about Laverde coming good or the fact I never rated Zaharakis before the draft and did not think he would make it. I think I even wrote that Jack Reiwoldt was a one trick pony. Also on record for saying I would have pickled Rhys Palmer over Cyril Rioli. Publicly said Daniher would stay. I have had no issues owning the stuff I have been wrong about.

Reminds of the WCE style small forwards - Ryan, Cripps, Petrocelli.

They get up high, open up space behind and then use speed to work back. Davey looks more that type than a pure inside 50 goal sneak.

I like him, plays round 1 for mine.

Needs to work on his tackling technique a bit but wow he has some nice skills, agility and evasiveness. Very quick too. Can't wait to see more of him.

A little look into why a lot rated him late first round or second round. Thought his pressure was a factor the whole time he was on.

A little look into why a lot rated him late first round or second round. Thought his pressure was a factor the whole time he was on.
pressure is good, his hands are good. will learn that a defender will duck as he closes so he doesn't give away the high free kick.

cant remember which game you pointed it out, but once you did you can really notice his awareness around the defensive side of the play. He finds and guards that space really well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about that snap off one step, he's snapped from 41-42 metres out and it's gone through near post height. To be able to snap 50 metres at 18 shows he's a powerful little unit too.

pressure is good, his hands are good. will learn that a defender will duck as he closes so he doesn't give away the high free kick.

cant remember which game you pointed it out, but once you did you can really notice his awareness around the defensive side of the play. He finds and guards that space really well.
Most likely the Vic Metro v Vic Country game but he also showed his positioning and pressure was good when he played VFL for us.:)

Back