Player Watch #33: Brayden 'Sausage' George - re-signed until end of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to be mindful of the effect any decision on Sausage will have on the whole group. Cut him and they will think that at the first sign of trouble that Club lets you go. So in my view he must be contracted again as a show of support and overall integrity. Talent almost an afterthought to the solidarity imperative.
That's total bullsh*t.

TT was legitimately employed by NM a number of months ago with the club doing everything for him.

Chom has been doing more rehab than Robert Downey Jnr... albeit of a different variety & we held him.

NM's 'integrity' can't be tested on this one - sorry.
I think you might have the wrong end of the pineapple on this one

Greg Hoy at Melbourne Orthopaedic Group who does most of the AFL shoulder and arm stuff.

He suggested it straight up with my first reco as “regardless what I find once I have a look inside with keyhole surgery a bicep tenodesis will strengthen the joint. What I basically do is sever the bicep tendon then pull it apart into strands which I plait back together like hair then reattach using disolvable screws.”

When he had a look inside there was wear and tear plus arthritis which he cut out.

Later he did the same on the opposite shoulder. Unfortunately I snapped it off a week post op when I slipped on wet concrete and prematurely extended my arm from it’s sling. I was heading overseas the following day so I had that bicep hanging loose for a few weeks before he redid it upon my return. As it was the second go at that one he couldn’t reattach it to it’s natural insertion point near the collarbone so instead he had to reattach it at the top of my arm (humerus). It took awhile but with weights and rehab both are far stronger structurally than they were prior.

That was the only injury. Otherwise both shoulders were simply showing the signs of growing up a competitive swimmer and playing so much contact sport with regular weight training. I had suffered AC Joint injuries to both over the years as well though and each felt unstable at some point.

Good luck with yours. 👍
He did my second shoulder reco, gave me a lartajet reconstruction which locks the shoulder into place with a bone graft. Between my first and second I feel like my should dislocated or sublaxed about 200 times, since Greg looked at it 6 years ago, nothing! 😃

Also, ecstatic for Sausage, we are an amazing club.

2 year deal? Staggering.

Sure, he’s probably a great guy and it’s a feel-good story, but yeah, whatever. The club knows what it’s doing. Apparently.

Is the club on Strava? I want to give it kudos.
The club would have a good idea of what he is capable of. He’s already played quite a few games in the VFL. I’m sure he’s not being paid the earth. It just gives the guy some certainty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club would have a good idea of what he is capable of. He’s already played quite a few games in the VFL. I’m sure he’s not being paid the earth. It just gives the guy some certainty.
1 year would’ve given him certainty also

Gives him a full 12 months to recover plus time to then show he’s fine before extending again

Good show of faith in the kid, and if his body comes right, hopefully he will remember that we looked after him.

Nostrils isn't a fan of it, so I'm pretty comfortable it's a good move.

Good show of faith in the kid, and if his body comes right, hopefully he will remember that we looked after him.

Nostrils isn't a fan of it, so I'm pretty comfortable it's a good move.
^its always fun seeing the idiots out themselves

Not that it takes much….

No issue with 1 year, no rush to do more than that now

He did my second shoulder reco, gave me a lartajet reconstruction which locks the shoulder into place with a bone graft. Between my first and second I feel like my should dislocated or sublaxed about 200 times, since Greg looked at it 6 years ago, nothing! 😃

Also, ecstatic for Sausage, we are an amazing club.

Yeah the bloke’s a shoulder guru.

After my own second reco I made the mistake of praising him to his face and adding “what a waste of two years I had leading to seeing you. Tens of physio appointments, sports medico’s doing manipulation and eventually cortisone injections followed by guided ones under Xray or MRI and then the hydrodilatation injections at Vic House to free up the joint. All pointless!”

I say mistake because he responded with “well I can’t see everyone…….I don’t have the time!” in a stern voice. We got through that and were very well acquainted by the final appointment post the 3rd.

Rapt for Sausage. He’s made the right impression around the team and club and we are indeed backing him in. It sends the right message to the rest of the boys that we’ll stick by you as well, which could be important among the group as we rise.

For $800k I said not a mil
The reasoning being that it would force a club to pay more and trigger band 1

As it wasn’t worth losing him for only band 2

Luckily a club paid that anyway
I do have a memory of you saying this sort of stuff re McKay. The only times you upped his offer was to be sure to trigger band 1.

My favourite narrative in here is the people that think 1 year is fine but 2 years is abhorrent Get a grip. George’s 200K is not costing us anyone that matters
There's always dills that'll find negatives in anything. 12 months to rehab then 12 months to get it going onfield.

We'll probably get the old "nEGliGEnT lIST MAnagEmeNT" calls again.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back