Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy is a machine

clocked up nearly 15km in the game averaging nearly 10km an hour in cruising speed

He doesn’t get the SuperCoach points or any of that shit but this guy never fails to put in a shift. Got a goal good for him but he’s so underrated

when brando was let go we all agreed that 600k a year over 5 was never going to be matched and macca and naishy would fill that role and on last nights effort it was not a good look

brando got it 28 times with 90 minutes game time which is a great effort for a gut runner

combined our winger boys, macca and naish got it 27 times for 160 minutes on the park.

only a little factor in the end result, comparing outputs as stats will often be misleading
but these little things add up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when brando was let go we all agreed that 600k a year over 5 was never going to be matched and macca and naishy would fill that role and on last nights effort it was not a good look

brando got it 28 times with 90 minutes game time which is a great effort for a gut runner

combined our winger boys, macca and naish got it 27 times for 160 minutes on the park.

only a little factor in the end result, comparing outputs as stats will often be misleading
but these little things add up.

Twas encouraging to still see plenty of the ol' Brandon though, you must admit.
A good selection of clangers and moments when he didn't go hard enough.
But yes, had our wings covered and then some.

We need pure wingers. Guys with pace who can break lines. Good ball users. Not failed inside mids/intercept defenders shoe horned on the outside.

I have high hopes for Ralphsmith. Hopefully we sign someone like Richards or Lipinski to add some depth there.

We need pure wingers. Guys with pace who can break lines. Good ball users. Not failed inside mids/intercept defenders shoe horned on the outside.

I have high hopes for Ralphsmith. Hopefully we sign someone like Richards or Lipinski to add some depth there.
I'd like to see George on the wing. Might be his spot

I'd like to see George on the wing. Might be his spot
He already has a spot and is the unmovable week in week out. Back to Macca has brain fades in games but is a goer is the strong only place I can have is halfback can tackle is strong and now houli is down might pay to play him here. Just not offering anything on the wing. I have a feeling if freo comes in again he'll be gone.

KMac butchers because he dropping the ball to foot from around waist height. Surely he can be physically and mentally coached within a week or two to correct the routine to guiding the ball down.

In the mean time, he gets the pill a bloody lot. Why can't his team (coaches and players) realize, like big footy posters and the whole fu....ing known world, that he is poor by foot?

How smart do you need to be to know that you run past and collect the handball? Benny Cousins would get 25 possessions and 2 goals a week off Kmac.

His team mates however, continue to spread away, forcing him to kick. Stupidity at it peak. This stubborn plan continued all match, all season. This alone makes a mockery of the Tiger71 podcast call that the team can consciously change its game plan within the game.

Last edited:

Hugo screams afl quality skill set to me.
love Maccas size, run and endeavour but reckon we’ve outgrown The likes of Macca and Castagna - it may be a small step back before taking 2 steps fwd replacing them

we won how many flags with him?

least of our worries.
That’s not how it works. If we didn’t evolve we would’ve hung onto Townsend, Butler, B. Ellis, etc. but we move on. Kamdyn just isn’t up to it anymore. He’s got plenty of mates as well.

Hugo screams afl quality skill set to me.
love Maccas size, run and endeavour but reckon we’ve outgrown The likes of Macca and Castagna - it may be a small step back before taking 2 steps fwd replacing them
I think Hugo makes it. He has some very good traits that will put him in good stead for AFL footy. Would love if we put him on the wing next week and left him there for the rest of the season. Need to get these kids to 50-100 games ASAP. Kamdyn, George, Astbury, etc. playing every week are really holding up their development.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back