Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

when brando was let go we all agreed that 600k a year over 5 was never going to be matched and macca and naishy would fill that role and on last nights effort it was not a good look

brando got it 28 times with 90 minutes game time which is a great effort for a gut runner

He also had a mega-clanger missing a dead simple kick in defence during the last quarter which could well have cost them the game. Still has all the same failings which made him a very popular whipping boy when with us. Solid C+/B- player and overpaying them is list suicide.

KMac's disposal was one of the best aspects of his game earlier this year and large parts of last, so whether it's a niggle, confidence, or like perhaps many of our players, he's just been to the well too many times over recent years, there's probably a reasonable excuse for his low possession hauls and regular butchering of the footy.

He also had a mega-clanger missing a dead simple kick in defence during the last quarter which could well have cost them the game. Still has all the same failings which made him a very popular whipping boy when with us. Solid C+/B- player and overpaying them is list suicide.

KMac's disposal was one of the best aspects of his game earlier this year and large parts of last, so whether it's a niggle, confidence, or like perhaps many of our players, he's just been to the well too many times over recent years, there's probably a reasonable excuse for his low possession hauls and regular butchering of the footy.
Brando got it 30 odd times and some of his work was exceptional of course a bit of old brando was there with a few clangers but 10% stuffups is acceptable these days if you get a lot of the football and are generally good with it.

Lynch, Cotchin and even the magnificent Dusty were just as guilty with crucial stuff ups at crucial times. l wouldn't have Brando back at 600k a year but I'd have him back every day of the week at 425k.

business is business I suppose and Brando walked for more money but we half pushed him out the door with a stingy deal and the likelyhood of a good compo pick.

sorry but you are a poor judge if you rate him a C+

sorry but you are a poor judge if you rate him a C+

He's certainly not an A-grader, he's not marginally off being one and he has zero improvement left in him (arguably he's gone backwards despite more opportunities since he left), so B-/C+ is where most good judges would (and do) rank him.

I've seen every game he's played this year and he's had numerous poor ones - if anything I was being a little generous out of sentimentality.

we won how many flags with him?

least of our worries.

This happened because our good players played well most weeks. Kmac was & still is in our bottom 6 performed players most weeks.
Now that the whole team is struggling our bottom end players are getting exposed for the average footballers they really are.

He's certainly not an A-grader, he's not marginally off being one and he has zero improvement left in him (arguably he's gone backwards despite more opportunities since he left), so B-/C+ is where most good judges would (and do) rank him.

I've seen every game he's played this year and he's had numerous poor ones - if anything I was being a little generous out of sentimentality.
as it's a macca thread so i won't derail it but my recent posts were to mention that macca put in a sloppy shocker when we were hoping and expecting a good one and another winger (brando) stepped up against his old side and played a ripper with the usual 1 or 2 slip ups but gets a coaches vote for being instrumental in getting the cuns over the line...not an A grader but a bloody good role model and B+ player to have in your lineup giving his all.

I think Hugo makes it. He has some very good traits that will put him in good stead for AFL footy. Would love if we put him on the wing next week and left him there for the rest of the season. Need to get these kids to 50-100 games ASAP. Kamdyn, George, Astbury, etc. playing every week are really holding up their development.

Yes winning flags has killed our development

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

This happened because our good players played well most weeks. Kmac was & still is in our bottom 6 performed players most weeks.
Now that the whole team is struggling our bottom end players are getting exposed for the average footballers they really are.

Top 5 in the best and fairest in a premiership year...so the people that matter (and probably understand what he needs to do) disagree. That said, like 18 or 19 of his mates from the last 2 weeks - needs to improve.

I reckon Macca has tailed off much like caddy , makes some real cluster ****s , can’t reliably mark over head . He really shouldn’t be played ahead of 5-6 juniors we have on list . Pickett ain’t perfect but has an extra trick or two , can weave thru traffic . We have several in maccas mode and that’s why we re pushing shit up hill

love makka has always been a bit of a shanker but strong as an ox and good mark when its his to grab, his always been good when he's up against 2 oppo players with the sherrin in dispute...so often, makka levels the contest till troops arrive or scrambles it over the boundary line...like a dozen others needs to lift.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been a critic in the past but think he’s been better than most. He always has a crack and has some brain fades which I accept.
I think that’s fair
He’s by no means the perfect player but for the most part he does more good than bad and always works his ass off

Ultimately the type you need at clubs because they can play the role required well and don’t cost an arm and a leg

I reckon he's just become a statistic in our game plan.
Everyone has to defend all the time so much that when it's their time to go forward they don't know if they should...

He kicked 3 on Judd once I reckon.
Maybe we can let our wingers attack and use their pace more going forward.

People talking as if he has been better or that the poor skills have only just appeared. Really seems people just have not been watching him.

When hes not delivering well he is invariably fumbling and when he does get it he invariably just slams it on his boot in panic.
People say he is a tackler i say bull dust. One contested mark for the year sheesh.Gives stuff all rebound and does not deliver the ball into the f/50 any where near enough. Has never ever been a big possesion winner and people have continually made all sorts of excuses for him. Last he always goes missing for huge chunks of games and for such a big bodied bloke he wins stuff all contested ball for himself.

His last 3 weeks have been bad really we a scratching the barrel if we're picking him because his having a crack should have been dropped.
Just his last three weeks eh. The last three weeks are not too dissimilar to what he normally dishes up.

Congratulations on the Bunjil Award big fella, arguably never played a better game than your debut which was an absolute rippa. But a true clubman through and through.

“Kamdyn is very welcoming and warm to all. Even with AFL bubble constraints, Kamdyn attempts to connect all corners of the Club. Off his own bat, he recently reached out to arrange a staff and player social event to help reconnect us all. He is also forever obliging to our members and fans.”

“Always a friendly smiling face around the Club, who chips in and helps out when needed. Kamdyn is very easy to work with and never complains.”

“Kamdyn goes above and beyond to organise player gatherings or bring people together.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back