Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a few running stats and Kmacs running...

Melb game: Distace: Langon Gold Kmac Silver medal
Distance at Speed: Kmac almost bronze
Max Speed: M Pickett Gold Kmac Bronze
Av Speed K mac 5th best
Work rate Kmac Bronze medal.
Kmac had the best pressure stats of the wing

Anyhow Sonz to wing today and Pickett fwd line.

Good to see
no one has ever doubted his effort, but he is having no impact on the contest at all.

There's a few running stats and Kmacs running...

Melb game: Distace: Langon Gold Kmac Silver medal
Distance at Speed: Kmac almost bronze
Max Speed: M Pickett Gold Kmac Bronze
Av Speed K mac 5th best
Work rate Kmac Bronze medal.
Kmac had the best pressure stats of the wing

Anyhow Sonz to wing today and Pickett fwd line.

Good to see
1682928193029.jpeg

egg-sleeping.gif

I think the wing positions may be our biggest weaknest now, I'd love a Ed Langdon style of player at our club.
That knows their role links up well on the outside with Melbourne's inside mids.

Pickett has been better than Mcintosh but both don't get enough of the footy for me and are getting old.
Hopefully Blair & the team are doing research on all clubs wing-role and getting some cheap younger and hungry player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the wing positions may be our biggest weaknest now, I'd love a Ed Langdon style of player at our club.
That knows their role links up well on the outside with Melbourne's inside mids.

Pickett has been better than Mcintosh but both don't get enough of the footy for me and are getting old.
Hopefully Blair & the team are doing research on all clubs wing-role and getting some cheap younger and hungry player.
Bank, Brown and Smith maybe. HRS. Short, Rioli or Baker could play there if other half back come on.
But Mac has a monopoly on his wing it seems, right or wrong.

Gotta love all the critics on here. Does anyone know what he’s being asked to do by the coaches, and if he’s fulfilling those tasks? Nope.
Easy to look at stats and be critical. He’s not, nor has he ever been, a star but he’s possibly doing what’s asked of him

If he's being asked to stay away from the ball, he's doing his job with a 200 per cent approval rate :thumbsu:

Kmac never injured and consistent running stats & footy stats. A lot of the first none of the second. He's never dropped so he's doing something. I would play Broad there myself. Especially if and when Grimes stays.

Our win this week came from better midfield, better goal kicking from Bolton types. Hugo the wing heir apparent, (or Clark, Sonsie.) Our KPF depth is where we need to bring a FA player in. We have 20 182cm types on the list already, no need for more. Kmac never really uses his height.

Ross has been played wing, he did so on vs Eagles while Pickett fwd. Gets a fair bit of the football and Pickett is fair/ok up fwd. Graham, Pickett, Clarke is a different look fwd line for Dimma.

Langon gets the ball 19 times. Hunter about 20 times.

retain both Hugo and Kmac one more year, for a 2023 24 transition. Kmac isn't looking slow like Cotch, JR.

Last edited:
Is the type of player especially in his late 20's you're hoping is superseded by one of the young up and coming players on the list, that he hasnt yet, is telling.. No disrespect intended towards him, loved his contribution over the past 5-6 years.
Everyone wants to go Logan's Run and retire the 30 y.os but Geelong have a different approach. Isaac Smith. Secret something? I think I saw a docco on raw milk. Probably from farmer boy Hawkins. Hmm half my family is from Finley too, I should drive there and see what's going on.

Everyone wants to go Logan's Run and retire the 30 y.os but Geelong have a different approach. Isaac Smith. Secret something? I think I saw a docco on raw milk. Probably from farmer boy Hawkins. Hmm half my family is from Finley too, I should drive there and see what's going on.

Not me, my post history is littered with comments stating I find it frustrating that people are saying Vlastuin and Broad are slowing down bc theyre 28-29. With todays advances in sports science preparation and recovery, 30-31 is not past your best if you are meticulous and a hard worker. But my post about kamdyn is specifically about hoping talented young up and comers should be able to displace role players like Kamdyn especially by the time theyve reached late 20's otherwise you start to question the talent coming through

Kmac never injured and consistent running stats & footy stats. A lot of the first none of the second. He's never dropped so he's doing something. I would play Broad there myself. Especially if and when Grimes stays.

Our win this week came from better midfield, better goal kicking from Bolton types. Hugo the wing heir apparent, (or Clark, Sonsie.) Our KPF depth is where we need to bring a FA player in. We have 20 182cm types on the list already, no need for more. Kmac never really uses his height.

Ross has been played wing, he did so on vs Eagles while Pickett fwd. Gets a fair bit of the football and Pickett is fair/ok up fwd. Graham, Pickett, Clarke is a different look fwd line for Dimma.

Langon gets the ball 19 times. Hunter about 20 times.

retain both Hugo and Kmac one more year, for a 2023 24 transition. Kmac isn't looking slow like Cotch, JR.

McIntosh is getting the ball about one less time this season than seasons (give or take). He’s never been a high possession winger. Neither has Pickett.

Traditionally, our wing players are asked to go back and be the 7th or 8th defender. KMac does this remarkably well. He also guards the fat side frequently and even when he isn’t, Richmond have traditionally been one of the more frequent ‘long down the line’ teams in the competition.

Simply put, we don’t use our wings like Melbourne does with Langon (run and link) or Geelong with Isaac Smith (run and break lines). The opportunity or expectation to get the ball 20+ times isn’t there.

I think what happens when a team is not performing to expectations, role players are a little more exposed and so are more harshly judged even if they’re playing the same. I think this is the case with McIntosh.

That said, all for trying to find an upgrade nor would I be against changing that wing role (may have already with Ross running through there a Pickett forward) which McIntosh plays.

But a bit of an unwarranted beat up in my opinion. He’s doing what he’s always done (and has always been a flawed player) but getting judged more harshly for it.

Not me, my post history is littered with comments stating I find it frustrating that people are saying Vlastuin and Broad are slowing down bc theyre 28-29. With todays advances in sports science preparation and recovery, 30-31 is not past your best if you are meticulous and a hard worker. But my post about kamdyn is specifically about hoping talented young up and comers should be able to displace role players like Kamdyn especially by the time theyve reached late 20's otherwise you start to question the talent coming through
For a Winger in today's football covering 13.5 to 15+ km a game adding the stressors of game fundamentals and contacts, you would expect around 10 yrs max life. Higher side 100 to 200 games is exceptional.
Truth is that the Tigers only have Broad, short and possibly Graham as replacements. Players who have the tank to cover the distance.
Graham plays this role through the middle, so no solution as we would have replace his role. Mint **** needed down back.
Mc has a trusted role in directing live on field structures (see club interview). No Mc BF assassins make reference to this in team respected comms function. This role will need to be done by someone. It Won't be a junior player.
How tall do you need your wingers? Shorty would be giving away at least 8cm. Jack Ross could be our go to.

For a Winger in today's football covering 13.5 to 15+ km a game adding the stressors of game fundamentals and contacts, you would expect around 10 yrs max life. Higher side 100 to 200 games is exceptional.
Truth is that the Tigers only have Broad, short and possibly Graham as replacements. Players who have the tank to cover the distance.
Graham plays this role through the middle, so no solution as we would have replace his role. Mint **** needed down back.
Mc has a trusted role in directing live on field structures (see club interview). No Mc BF assassins make reference to this in team respected comms function. This role will need to be done by someone. It Won't be a junior player.
How tall do you need your wingers? Shorty would be giving away at least 8cm. Jack Ross could be our go to.
Running km is all irrelevant if you're not finding the ball and your opponent is. The Silky Butterfly, RCDC, and Castagna were all applauded for this trait and it means nothing in the end if you're not getting the ball and the opponent is. You can run to Sydney and back in a game , yet if you've hardly touched the ball means you're are not up to standard of the true Wingman role. Don't get me wrong I've always admired KMac bc for such a limited footballer he has achieved so much bc of his tank, ferocity, courage, endurance and ability to play a role. However with an ageing list and him most likely not being at PRO next year then invest 14games into a kid that will be. It's called fast tracking your list for the future and not just playing old blokes bc of their past performances and stagnating your list by six to 12 months. He's been terrible all season and like Sheds Castagna and Aarts last year he's been gifted games at the expense of the current team and the future one.

Last edited:
McIntosh is getting the ball about one less time this season than seasons (give or take). He’s never been a high possession winger. Neither has Pickett.

Traditionally, our wing players are asked to go back and be the 7th or 8th defender. KMac does this remarkably well. He also guards the fat side frequently and even when he isn’t, Richmond have traditionally been one of the more frequent ‘long down the line’ teams in the competition.

Simply put, we don’t use our wings like Melbourne does with Langon (run and link) or Geelong with Isaac Smith (run and break lines). The opportunity or expectation to get the ball 20+ times isn’t there.

I think what happens when a team is not performing to expectations, role players are a little more exposed and so are more harshly judged even if they’re playing the same. I think this is the case with McIntosh.

That said, all for trying to find an upgrade nor would I be against changing that wing role (may have already with Ross running through there a Pickett forward) which McIntosh plays.

But a bit of an unwarranted beat up in my opinion. He’s doing what he’s always done (and has always been a flawed player) but getting judged more harshly for it.
He's way down nearly in every other stat and it's been a decline easily noticeable this season. Scroll down to his seasons. His only stat which hasn't declined bc it wasn't his role is in GA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back