Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Give the man a 1 year extension. Good backup depth, maybe used as the occasional sub.

One of the better debut games we've seen as a club & has been a great servant of the club. Played good footy and bad footy. Don't know if my heart could take another retirement.
Rubbish footballer. Wins the running stats every week. Hasn't been best 22 for years. But they can't help selecting him. I'd keep Pickett over him.
Kmac can move to full time building. Start with Shai's house. Build him an extension for visiting grannies and more kids.

or go to North.

Last edited:
I’d say how we handle our exits particularly of premiership players sends an extremely clear message to our youth & potential players considering trades back to Victoria… culture is not just how we play it’s more holistic than that & needs to be nurtured and grown carefully & maintained in the same way….. just my 2C worth

We can't keep him, in fact with everyone leaving, it's the perfect time for him to go.

He adds nothing on field anymore, so it's not as if he will be protecting or doing the heavy lifting instead of the kids, and if our culture can't survive with him leaving, then it's not very good to start with, so he might as well go so we can start again from scratch

Don't give me the "depth" argument either, he should have been depth only for the last 3 years, but has played nearly every week (prior to having an injury list longer than the flemington straight)

His value as a leader and retainer of our successful culture far outweighs his worth as a player, which we are already seeing is not within the best 22.

Happy for a one year extension if given on the back of all so many retirements and potential trades to a core group of leaders.

Give the likes of Jack Ross etc. 12 more months to develop as leaders.
MacIntosh is 12 cm taller than Pickett yet when we needed someone to play second ruck we chose Pickett, when we need to someone to compete in the air in the forward line, we chose Pickett and when we needed a midfield bull, we would choose Pickett over MacIntosh. MacIntosh may be a social leader at the club but as an on-field leader Pickett was much better. I hope we didn't push Pickett out in preference for MacIntosh.

MacIntosh is 12 cm taller than Pickett yet when we needed someone to play second ruck we chose Pickett, when we need to someone to compete in the air in the forward line, we chose Pickett and when we needed a midfield bull, we would choose Pickett over MacIntosh. MacIntosh may be a social leader at the club but as an on-field leader Pickett was much better. I hope we didn't push Pickett out in preference for MacIntosh.

As I’ve said and media has confirmed, we had a one-year contract on the table; Pickett wasn’t pushed.

Not sure that playing multiple positions = on field leadership, but regardless the kind of leadership you’d be looking at from KMac is the culture and standards around training etc. as much as anything.

Never understood the hate for this guy. Towelled up Chris Judd one time and people think that should be his floor for the rest of his career.

Plays a very unrewarding role in the side. Unselfish player.

I was hoping he doesn't continue on with us but with all the players that are leaving this guy has to be re-signed, as much as I hate to say it.

List clogger that runs around like a headless chook. It’s embarrassing watching him on the football field with his fumbles, turnovers, poor disposal and his opponent having a ball on him. He has as much leadership as an Apis Mellifera .
He’s actually a poor role model and leader for any of our kids with his shortcomings and another contributor to why we are currently in the Wooden Spoon position.

Last edited:
We can't keep him, in fact with everyone leaving, it's the perfect time for him to go.

He adds nothing on field anymore, so it's not as if he will be protecting or doing the heavy lifting instead of the kids, and if our culture can't survive with him leaving, then it's not very good to start with, so he might as well go so we can start again from scratch

Don't give me the "depth" argument either, he should have been depth only for the last 3 years, but has played nearly every week (prior to having an injury list longer than the flemington straight)
Well he played a pretty good last quarter last week as the sub.
Depends how many we loose in trades and other delistments we have.
He may be one of the last that re-signs at a guess.
If he gets one more year though I do hope he becomes depth and not given a game every week.

List clogger that runs around like a headless chook. It’s embarrassing watching him on the football field with his fumbles, turnovers, poor disposal and his opponent having a ball on him. He has as much leadership as an APIs Mellifera .
He’s actually a poor role model and leader for any of our kids with his shortcomings and another contributor to why we are currently in the Wooden Spoon position.
Unfortunately like all older players has just lost that yard of pace I think.
He always used to be so reliable to get to and halve if not win contests he had no right to get to. Disposal was always a bit of an issue though, and now he can't provide as much of the contests the disposal problems are exacerbated.

Unfortunately like all older players has just lost that yard of pace I think.
He always used to be so reliable to get to and halve if not win contests he had no right to get to. Disposal was always a bit of an issue though, and now he can't provide as much of the contests the disposal problems are exacerbated.
His disposal is effing awful 😞 All you’ve told us is the game has gone passed him and he needs to retire.
He’s ranked 555th in the AFL and below Noah Cumberland. 😝
He shouldn’t be in any AFL side based on his ratings and would be a middle of the run in a second lot of AFL teams.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His disposal is effing awful 😞 All you’ve told us is the game has gone passed him and he needs to retire.
He’s ranked 555th in the AFL and below Noah Cumberland. 😝
He shouldn’t be in any AFL side based on his ratings and would be a middle of the run in a second lot of AFL teams.

Have you got the link for those stats?

You haven’t understood the tables so it’s a problem there. Lynch played for four ****ing games and three were incomplete or shortened. Get the drift ?. Lynch came back from a year off lol 😝

so now the stats don’t matter? There’s reasons for the numbers?

You used analysis twice in the one sentence. I think you could be more efficient with your language
I used it twice to so it would become apparent to you as you seemed to struggle here with the data.
He’s our 36th ranked player and ranked 555th in the AFL so get that in your head.

Yeah injuries and being roomed in v a fully fit list clogger. Pretty obvious

That’s just speculative assumption and not backed by empirical evidence

Do you know how the coaching staff rate players in their system and what they value as senior side traits?

I used it twice to so it would become apparent to you as you seemed to struggle here with the data.
He’s our 36th ranked player and ranked 555th in the AFL so get that in your head.

Nah got it. But you’re using data that’s not relevant to your supposition.

It’s called cherry picking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back