Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

-yep plays the man when he can't debate the topic.
-plays the Strawman tactics of putting words in your mouth
-plays the hate the player line, but all I've done is posted facts about how poor the player has been
-finally the coaches must see something in him line and the reason why he's picked. Yet everything clearly shows he's ranked bottom 6 on our list.
Sadly, a few of those posters on here :gun:

Hardly think he’s a horrid player but understand the frustrations with him. Hasn’t had a good year (not many have).

Sat on his wing after he came on on the weekend and he does a boatload of pointing and directing on field. I think his leadership skills go very unnoticed. One year deal with players going past him at selection please.

In the long run we are going to have to reinvent our side starting next year. Of course leadership on field will be important, but nowhere near as important as having new energy and good talent in the side. HRS looked every bit an accomplished and productive wingman this season, was probably the brightest shining light of the year, yet he was nowhere last season.

Players like MacIntosh will have to give way to up and commers, if they haven't already, whether those players are 'ready' or not. Best 22 should be on merit. We are going to have a big injection of top quality youth coming through, and a list of others young players ready for the next tier. We are not rudderless. We will have Lynch back after a full preseason, Gibcus, and still a good nucleus of very good players all over the park.

We may not rise much next year, but we will do a lot of building for the following year.

In the long run we are going to have to reinvent our side starting next year. Of course leadership on field will be important, but nowhere near as important as having new energy and good talent in the side. HRS looked every bit an accomplished and productive wingman this season, was probably the brightest shining light of the year, yet he was nowhere last season.

Players like MacIntosh will have to give way to up and commers, if they haven't already, whether those players are 'ready' or not. Best 22 should be on merit. We are going to have a big injection of top quality youth coming through, and a list of others young players ready for the next tier. We are not rudderless. We will have Lynch back after a full preseason, Gibcus, and still a good nucleus of very good players all over the park.

We may not rise much next year, but we will do a lot of building for the following year.
And therein is the problem as you've beautifully pointed out.
The mere presence of these blokes (Graham, if still here, and Short too) is Yze will play them regardless of output and we are none the wiser or better off.
Not the Short thread, but how has he not been dropped once this year?
McIntosh was at least droped once, albeit after an average ressies game, was back in without the blink of an eye.

TI and I hardly ever get along or agree,

but I am with him 100% here.

Kmac has been great, squeezed the absolute most out of his career, 2x premiership players, love him for all that.

But I can also see he is already a season or two past it, let alone going on again next year. He offers absolutely nothing to the group.

And for those that sprout, he plays the unselfish, sacrifical role for the team, when you are last, you need your leaders and experienced players stepping up taking the workload off the kids, that's not what Kmac is doing.

And therein is the problem as you've beautifully pointed out.
The mere presence of these blokes (Graham, if still here, and Short too) is Yze will play them regardless of output and we are none the wiser or better off.
Not the Short thread, but how has he not been dropped once this year?
McIntosh was at least droped once, albeit after an average ressies game, was back in without the blink of an eye.
I think Short has the ability to still be a decent player, although not off the half back, he was largely ineffectual all year in that position and as you say should have been dropped. Not sure where he could play, the wing perhaps which would suit his long kick and does not require the constant run and receive that the half backs play, which is where he keeps running himself into trouble.

Kmac has been great, squeezed the absolute most out of his career, 2x premiership players, love him for all that.

But I can also see he is already a season or two past it, let alone going on again next year. He offers absolutely nothing to the group.

And for those that sprout, he plays the unselfish, sacrifical role for the team, when you are last, you need your leaders and experienced players stepping up taking the workload off the kids, that's not what Kmac is doing.
Who cares whether we always agree or not as we are Richmond supporters and are just having a discussion. I don’t care about anything else, but the club being successful and whether people have opposite opinions I don’t care .
I don’t take anything personal unlike a few on here.
This is why I have nobody on ignore bc even posters I may not agree with often , they generally come up with some good points. Just like you here. 😉😂😄😃

It's worth keeping him for another year to support the younger guys.
He can’t support himself so how’s he going to support our kids? Don’t get fooled by all the experience bull dust as it’s nonsense. We finished last with two wins and this bloke offered us nothing in terms of support to others or support to the team. He’s finished and we need to move on.

He can’t support himself so how’s he going to support our kids? Don’t get fooled by all the experience bull dust as it’s nonsense. We finished last with two wins and this bloke offered us nothing in terms of support to others or support to the team. He’s finished and we need to move on.
Sounds like he is getting another contract

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope that sound is just noise pollution as he’s unfortunately been passed his use by date for three seasons now.

Reading between the lines the club has basically said we don’t really want to move forward with you, but if we can’t get our man then you can fill in till we do.

Got a bad feeling we end up keeping Short, McIntosh and Graham and MC gives them 20 games plus each
If they all stay that's exactly what will happen. Not with Graham obviously as he'll be injured half the time, but the other two...yep.

Has to stay around for another year otherwise we are going to have more than a dozen kids weighting less than 80kg running out each week.
Stays by default?
You bet.
But has to unfortunately.

I'm not a massive fan of McIntosh, I think I have let it known here, however I don't mind if he is stays on with what we could lose but a lot will depend on what we have cooking in terms of getting maybe some players in that haven't made it at other clubs, like weren't we linked to some players Essendon, Will Philips? I heard he might be staying at North now on a 1-year deal.

Sadly I think Kamdyn is cooked. I’ve been a fan but now believe his time is up. I think Richmond is just delaying announcing he’s gone, thus giving him time to see if there is another suitor out there.

Also, whilst AFL players on the whole are not the sharpest tools, they will eventually work out pattern recognition and would get disgruntled. Imagine if you are HRS or Banks in the VFL getting touches and metres at will whilst being only slightly less defensive than KMac in the AFL. After a while as a young player you would crack the shits about it and just give up.

You only need to look at any work environment to know that people pick up on this shit and if you don't appear to be performing and others can point to things that show it, there will be a lot of angst and negative outcomes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back