Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - MOVED TO WCE - PICK 42 Received

Remove this Banner Ad

I love Jack Graham and I am so glad he took the bull by the horns after being dropped and came back better than ever.

I never lost faith with Jack - he is a keeper and could be the missing piece in our midfield with his strength and pressure.

Sign him up for sure - that should never have been a consideration really. We let him go and we need to recruit another similar player. Why bother - we have our man right here.

He's a bit like Lambert, average at most things but due to their intensity at every contest, contest after contest they accrue over the game and overall are damaging. He is a mid who can rest forward and score. He is not a wingman as Pickett and MacIntosh are going so well and is not fast enough. In a full list of Martin, Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards, Lambert, Bolton, and a few young ones we need to see like Ross and RCD, the midfield spots are super competitive. Right now he is going very well.

Agree and disagree. His intensity and defensive work is elite. Outside that he is a lot like Ross, good but not great. Ross accumulates more though (not as good defensively)

I want to 2 of them to stay, they form the hard edge to our midfield for about the next 7 years. Once Cotch goes they are the 2 that fill that hole. And I reckon it'll take both to fill the hole. Get Sydney physically and emotionally mature and we have a great mix of hardness and skill in the midfield. Add Shai for X factor and the basis is great. If RCD and Dow to play to their potential and we've got a very solid midfield that we need to wrap wings around.

I reckon Graham can be a leader in that group. A sort of Cotch Mark II - Cotchin lite I guess.

hes no plodder anymore, I reckon they and him have worked on his acceleration, at once stage last night he almost split the seas wide open
Last quarter? That ended in the Aarts Goal? Not sure if I’m remembering correctly but even a month ago the Fremantle player chasing him probably catches him.

Last quarter? That ended in the Aarts Goal? Not sure if I’m remembering correctly but even a month ago the Fremantle player chasing him probably catches him.

I noticed that too, I think it ended in the Higgins goal but it doesn't matter. He burnt Mundy who isn't exactly young but still the last few weeks we've seen him breakaway multiple times and it's really good to see. He gets his hands on the ball enough and gets to the right spot, the one thing that was missing was a little burst to get some separation. I don't know how but he seems to have found that the last few weeks, let's hope he keeps it up because he's looked very good.

Lol it ended in a Jack goal not an Aarts goal...whoops. :D

That was my favourite bit during the game. He was so good there. I think they’ve definitely been working on JGTI’s acceleration.

I wrote this on Aug 14 when Jack was copping a lot of shiz in this thread. Thought I'd share it again because his last three matches have made a lot of people here sit up and take notice. This bloke is best 22 every day of the week:

It's half time in a future grand final. It's us (again) v them. We are down by a couple of goals. One of the oppos best mids Lachie Neale ? Paddy Dangerfield/Duncan ? Boak/Wines ? Adams/Treloar? Coniglio/Kelly ? Bont ? whoever ! (love em or hate em there's always going to be a somebody) ripping us a new one/getting off the chain/killing us out of the middle/looking like he's going to influence the outcome...maybe it's someone you least expect..

The game and the flag are in danger of slipping away. We've seen it happen...many a time...

Dimma is pulling his hair out and us, the fans are screaming to shut the guy down FFS !

There's ONE bloke on our list who would get given that job. One.

And knowing Jack Graham the player, he would shut that oppo flog down, swing the game with a tackle or a shepherd, or a smother...because that's what he does...it's why he's so valuable.

How many flags do we want this bloke to win for us before he gets some respect from his own supporters ?! Some of us see it. Some of us are maybe padding out our fantasy stats and raging against the role players. He only gets it 12 times ! Spud. Delist.

Slow ? Yep. As slow as Diesel was ? That slow huh ? Broken shoulder. Yep. Goes off stays off ? Nah. Plays out the game anyway making sure we have our full rotations IN A PRELIM !

Un-athletic ? Yep. Sure. Must be a draught horse to be such a favourite of the coaching staff and list managers. After all what would they know ?? Sometimes it's worthwhile to weigh up what we know and what THEY know. A couple of premierships at the winningest club in the land is what they know.

Past it at what 21 or 22 ? Yep, no good football left in this bloke in his early 20s. He's cooked isn't he ?

Trade bait ? TRADE BAIT ?

Give it a rest.

No seriously. Give it a rest.

The only way this kid goes home is if he wants out or we can't afford him.

Fully fit he is one of the best young defensive mids in the game. Why ? Because he has those intangible qualities that so many lack. Courage. Leadership. Self sacrifice. Belief.

Jack Graham is a natural footballer, not a bloody Olympic sprinter or 400m high hurdler. He's a footballer's footballer. Ask Neil Balme.

Hang on, what do you mean there's no fantasy football or sportsbet category for "defensive mid with great courage" ??

Perhaps some here value 30 or 40 around the back, chip it sideways meaningless possessions or Dangerdump kicks into the F50 over a dozen hard earned ones, a split lip or a black eye and a shut down job that swings a game. A big game. Maybe just the biggest game.

Not me.

Give me a Jack.

Graham that is. Tackling machine.

I wrote something here around about 2016 I think about not caring if we ever win another flag, I'd just like to see us become the most feared tackling team in the comp because to me, that meant you were having a dip and surely that would lead to greater honours in the end. If only I knew...

If you don't believe me about meaningless possessions, ask Trent Cotchin what a difference changing his own game meant to this club. How he feels now about racking up 30 odd "classy" possessions...in a loss...after loss, after loss...

Or perhaps go back to half time in that future grand final and ask Dimma who he turns to...

"Fridge, I've got a job for you mate"

I wrote this on Aug 14 when Jack was copping a lot of shiz in this thread. Thought I'd share it again because his last three matches have made a lot of people here sit up and take notice. This bloke is best 22 every day of the week:

It's half time in a future grand final. It's us (again) v them. We are down by a couple of goals. One of the oppos best mids Lachie Neale ? Paddy Dangerfield/Duncan ? Boak/Wines ? Adams/Treloar? Coniglio/Kelly ? Bont ? whoever ! (love em or hate em there's always going to be a somebody) ripping us a new one/getting off the chain/killing us out of the middle/looking like he's going to influence the outcome...maybe it's someone you least expect..

The game and the flag are in danger of slipping away. We've seen it happen...many a time...

Dimma is pulling his hair out and us, the fans are screaming to shut the guy down FFS !

And knowing Jack Graham the player, he would shut that oppo flog down, swing the game with a tackle or a shepherd, or a smother...because that's what he does...it's why he's so valuable.

How many flags do we want this bloke to win for us before he gets some respect from his own supporters ?! Some of us see it. Some of us are maybe padding out our fantasy stats and raging against the role players. He only gets it 12 times ! Spud. Delist.

Slow ? Yep. As slow as Diesel was ? That slow huh ? Broken shoulder. Yep. Goes off stays off ? Nah. Plays out the game anyway making sure we have our full rotations IN A PRELIM !

Un-athletic ? Yep. Sure. Must be a draught horse to be such a favourite of the coaching staff and list managers. After all what would they know ?? Sometimes it's worthwhile to weigh up what we know and what THEY know. A couple of premierships at the winningest club in the land is what they know.

Past it at what 21 or 22 ? Yep, no good football left in this bloke in his early 20s. He's cooked isn't he ?

Give it a rest.

Fully fit he is one of the best young defensive mids in the game. Why ? Because he has those intangible qualities that so many lack. Courage. Leadership. Self sacrifice. Belief.

Jack Graham is a natural footballer, not a bloody Olympic sprinter or 400m high hurdler. He's a footballer's footballer. Ask Neil Balme.

Hang on, what do you mean there's no fantasy football or sportsbet category for "defensive mid with great courage" ??

Perhaps some here value 30 or 40 around the back, chip it sideways meaningless possessions or Dangerdump kicks into the F50 over a dozen hard earned ones, a split lip or a black eye and a shut down job that swings a game. A big game. Maybe just the biggest game.

Not me.

Give me a Jack.

I wrote something here around about 2016 I think about not caring if we ever win another flag, I'd just like to see us become the most feared tackling team in the comp because to me, that meant you were having a dip and surely that would lead to greater honours in the end. If only I knew...

If you don't believe me about meaningless possessions, ask Trent Cotchin what a difference changing his own game meant to this club. How he feels now about racking up 30 odd "classy" possessions...in a loss...after loss, after loss...

Or perhaps go back to half time in that future grand final and ask Dimma who he turns to...

I reckon I've been Graham's no.1 fan since day one (maybe no.2 behind yourself?!) and I can't agree more. Just look at the video I posted a page or two back. The effort you actually see him make to make sure he gets to the next contest. We cannot afford to let a guy like that go. I'll borderline give up on the club if they do, but I doubt they will.

Give it a rest.

Not me.

Give me a Jack.

Great email. I completely agree. Jack Graham is so important to us because he (like Cotchin) goes in against a greater number of oppo mids and nullifies the contest. Our system relies on this to create the opportunity for us to win that next contest. It's the contest outside that is vital. Graham works super hard to ensure we don't give up the opportunity to win that next contest. That gets almost no stats but is central to us winning games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zero nil nada chance of Jack joining Carltoon or the bummers. Adelaide the only threat
That’s what I think but man it still makes me sick even the thought of him going to Carlton or Essendon. :(

Please stay at Richmond Jack!!!! We love you!

I saw him play for the first time in a vfl game at Frankston, I came on here and said we have a good one there, and he came of hurt, made his debut a little later in the year and we all know how that turned out, must keep , future captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - MOVED TO WCE - PICK 42 Received

Remove this Banner Ad

Back