Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - BFNAAK - re-signed until end of 2026 - rd21 AFL RS nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations Jackson, it's been a brilliant month of footy and well deserved recognition.

How many sons of a Rising Star nominee have received a Rising Star nomination?

If he doesn’t I say we follow Roy Kents advice.

We go to each member of the selection panels house at 3am. We break into their bedroom. We take out rope covered in red paint. And then we start hitting them with the rope. After a minute we stop and start laughing like an evil crazy person. Then we recommence hitting them with the rope.

Stand down everyone.

Repeat. Stand down.

Do Bunnings refund paint?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beyond proud, and you’ve all covered his strengths perfectly.

I’d just like to add that having a dude who’s first in to make a sacrifice for the club, take a pay cut to keep the boys together, probably keep an eye on them over the breaks and weekends - footy club being the priority..

Could have as large an impact as any player on the list imo, with the improvement and consistency he’s showing afield.

Don't know why, I just don't see his dad when I watch him. Has always felt a different style to me. Almost more Martin Pike (as a defender) in his play for mine.

I get the vibe though because of the intensity of course. But Glenn was barrel chested, unhinged at times and rabid.

Jackson to me is this measured kid who will execute instructions with full focus and aggression for his team. More Scott Thompson-ish in his emotional control than Archer Sr.
Scott Thompson - without the brain fades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - BFNAAK - re-signed until end of 2026 - rd21 AFL RS nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back