Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - BFNAAK - re-signed until end of 2026 - rd21 AFL RS nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Like this
Done

Fantastic Mr Fox Yes GIF

Let's go Little Arch! What a great find he's been.

I remember back when he was drafted people calling it a nepotism pick, that he wouldn't have gotten drafted based on pure talent.

Now look at him. Dangerous weapon for us going forward.

Well earned new contract.

Thrown in the deep end early and showing signs.

We let teams score 20+ times a game which I think is one of our major issues and Arch has impressed.

I was too young to remember but my cousin reckons old man Arch was terrible in his first few showings for us. For fun, anyone care to share their recollections?

Thrown in the deep end early and showing signs.

We let teams score 20+ times a game which I think is one of our major issues and Arch has impressed.

I was too young to remember but my cousin reckons old man Arch was terrible in his first few showings for us. For fun, anyone care to share their recollections?
I don't recall his really early days but do remember seeing him play in the reserves vs Melbourne one day in the early 90s pre the main game at the MCG and he dominated with six (angry) goals. Think he initially had a pretty poor attitude, which he admits freely. Got five against Freo one time too I think! Such a gun. So glad Jackson is solidifying his own spot as well!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has always seemed better at AFL level, probably an indication of his brain and potentially how much more a role player with a specific skill set is valued at AFL level. Having a cracking year and IMO has physical development in him. Could be a weapon with his marking ability with some more size and continuing confidence.

I reckon he actually plays much better on medium forwards than genuine small forwards. Do we have any defenders that could blanket a small fwd?
Agreed.

Hardeman needs to bulk up, but he has the pace to match smaller forwards. Fisher is limited, but has been serviceable in the role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - BFNAAK - re-signed until end of 2026 - rd21 AFL RS nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back