Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - BFNAAK - re-signed until end of 2026 - rd21 AFL RS nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

This kid is something.

No surprise since Chom has overcome injuries, Xerri is our full time ruckman and Arch has been this good that we’ve seen the collective improvement and much harder edge as a side.

Three tough hombres who HATE to get beaten right there!.. and we’ve got another 8-10 years of them 🙂

This kid is something.

No surprise since Chom has overcome injuries, Xerri is our full time ruckman and Arch has been this good that we’ve seen the collective improvement and much harder edge as a side.

Three tough hombres who HATE to get beaten right there!.. and we’ve got another 8-10 years of them 🙂
I kind of love how pissed off he gets when he loses a contest - even ones where he has like a 10% chance of winning. Saw that with one of the 1st quarter Richmond goals?

Chom was the same, saw him win his 50/50 contest before some repeat Richmond f50 entry that eventually saw his opponent mark close to goal. Chom had little chance of contesting, but was still filthy about it.

Jackson walking into Arden Street this week after getting such high praise from the coach.
(Jokes, I know he'd be the last guy to be like this!)

vince mcmahon GIF

Never seen a young player play with so many similarities as their old man, he’s a carbon copy.

200 gamer written all over him
He has so much more agility than his old man. Arch snr was quick in a straight line but with confidence, we are seeing Jackson feint kicks, sidestep and gut run to repeat contests.

It’s no coincidence that most of the players having break out years have put the hard yards in to make themselves running machines. Jackson is one of these.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, so forgive me, I don't come here to brag, but I did post after Archer's VFL praccy game four or so years ago that he was going to be a player.

The then 17 year old beat his man in a defence that was getting pumped by 100 points, and on that evidence Jackson was always going to be a prospect. The line that he was only on the list because of his old man never had substance

He has so much more agility than his old man. Arch snr was quick in a straight line but with confidence, we are seeing Jackson feint kicks, sidestep and gut run to repeat contests.

It’s no coincidence that most of the players having break out years have put the hard yards in to make themselves running machines. Jackson is one of these.
Absolutely. Glenn was the barrel chested telephone pole and obviously put it to maximum use; Jackson is imo a much better athlete

Ok, so forgive me, I don't come here to brag, but I did post after Archer's VFL praccy game four or so years ago that he was going to be a player.

The then 17 year old beat his man in a defence that was getting pumped by 100 points, and on that evidence Jackson was always going to be a prospect. The line that he was only on the list because of his old man never had substance
Its not bragging at all Merlin great call from a long way out. Well done.

Great game.

Blows to the schizenhausen those silly fantasy point ratings thingies - our 10th highest rated player but clearly in our best 3 players.

Did a job on one of the AFL's most dynamic players on a fast deck.

Neither the Herald Sun or the AFL's official website had him in the team's best players.

Do these journos actually watch the games or just stat sheets?

I expect Clarko to give him Coaches votes.

His improvement over the last 6 to 8 weeks has been out of sight, and you can see so much of his father in the way he plays, which is great for us.

I love how he plays, he is going to have a long and successful career in Royal Blue & White.

I had big concerns about arch coming into this season. I didn’t think he’d shown anywhere near enough. Injuries didn’t help, but generally I just didn’t think he was up to it. But oh boy was I wrong. He didn’t prove me wrong (as some would say) I was just flat out wrong.
This kid is something and just gives his all at all times.
Rising star nom this week surely

I always liked him from the start. Love defenders who hate to be beaten, with a good athletic ability.
Thought there was something to work with, especially with his DNA
But I also thought he would be limited in what he could do. But didnt see how quick he would progress.

Can see him being swung forward too. Got great hands

I don’t think the crowd yelled “ball” when he laid the crunching tackle.

It was almost like watching a car crash.
No mercy.

Everyone just appreciated the contest for what it was and then our minds wandered off to yesteryear in the glory days of 1999 before we reminded ourselves where we were again.

Set and forget. Set and forget defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - BFNAAK - re-signed until end of 2026 - rd21 AFL RS nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back