Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - BFNAAK - re-signed until end of 2026 - rd21 AFL RS nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahaha, Jackson’s dad - love this! Jackson really is a chip off the old block, I keep having flashbacks to the 90’s, especially the way he flies for marks - just like Glenn. The hatred of getting beaten is there too. Love him.
He plays more like his old man every time he runs out onto the ground.

Stuff this. Next time I go to training I'm bringing my Glen Archer autographed jumper and Jacko can add his name to it.

The old chook loved Glenn Archer and had me take her to watch North train at Subiaco Oval in the great man's last season. Like the generous human and fan fave he was, Arch was posing for photos till the bitter end, including one with his greatest admirer.

The old chook, against the odds, was at Marvel Saturday, in probably one of her last forays interstate, and sounded like an excited kid on the phone, after the victory. Hoping my bro can get a photo of her with Jacko Jnr this week at training before her return to WA.

Wheel of life. Father/son. Kick arse.

Last edited:

It's a special feeling watching him because he has a thirst for the contest just like dad. He's a clone in that regard. Was great hearing my son Archie(Arch) rap him up all game too.
I was also there with my son Archie (Arch). Probably a few of us?

I like how he beat his man back to the contest, then runs Kerch's man off the line of the ball (Kerch was trailing his man in) pops the handball expecting LMac to run off, and when he doesn't, runs around Lmac and Dusty to collect it himself. Covers his other defenders backsides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know why, I just don't see his dad when I watch him. Has always felt a different style to me. Almost more Martin Pike (as a defender) in his play for mine.

I get the vibe though because of the intensity of course. But Glenn was barrel chested, unhinged at times and rabid.

Jackson to me is this measured kid who will execute instructions with full focus and aggression for his team. More Scott Thompson-ish in his emotional control than Archer Sr.

Don't know why, I just don't see his dad when I watch him. Has always felt a different style to me. Almost more Martin Pike (as a defender) in his play for mine.
Nice comparison KC.

Picked up 5 coaches votes

North Melbourne v Richmond​

10 Luke Davies-Uniacke (NMFC)
5 Jackson Archer (NMFC)
5 Bailey Scott (NMFC)
5 Dion Prestia (RICH)
3 Liam Baker (RICH)
2 Tristan Xerri (NMFC)

I get the vibe though because of the intensity of course. But Glenn was barrel chested, unhinged at times and rabid.

Jackson to me is this measured kid who will execute instructions with full focus and aggression for his team. More Scott Thompson-ish in his emotional control than Archer Sr.

1722834783103.png

Left is Glenn.

Could you imagine the ball of muscle that Jacko would need to be be to be rolling out at 97kgs

That would be around comparative height to weight. To do that in the modern game Jacko would have a Wines, Powell-Pepper, Petracca, Martin type physique.

Jacko is clearly more slight than that.

If he had more size perhaps he would be more barrel chested.

That said I don't really care, he doesn't need to be a carbon copy and he has the intensity, the courage and the hard work.

Those three things will be the basis that takes him far.

Picked up 5 coaches votes

North Melbourne v Richmond​

10 Luke Davies-Uniacke (NMFC)
5 Jackson Archer (NMFC)
5 Bailey Scott (NMFC)
5 Dion Prestia (RICH)
3 Liam Baker (RICH)
2 Tristan Xerri (NMFC)

Xerri only 2 votes? Not sure about LDU either. Yes he was good but there were a few costly turnovers too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - BFNAAK - re-signed until end of 2026 - rd21 AFL RS nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back