Player Watch #35: Harry Petty – is here for 3 more years, but is not a KPF or a ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Just slid it in after we cop a pasting and everyone is avoiding footy media.
Credit where it's due, I reckon it's pretty well played tbh.
The "Thirsty for Fullarton" Facebook group would be on the social's raging that their spirit animal wasn't given a game today, cost us the win!

Honestly we would have been better off letting him go as a FA next year and hoping some spud team pays him enough for a band 1 like Ben McKay.

Could have been worth a top 5 pick for us

As good as TMac has been this year I really dont want us to re-sign him, would mean another year of this Petty as a forward bullshit.
Carlton should offer him two years imo.

Swans should be interested also. Would suit their run and gun style.
Yeah I suspect the reason he hasn't signed on yet is we've offered him a year but other clubs are offering him a little more. I'd be fine with a year but would be annoyed if we got leveraged into giving him two more years.

Yeah I suspect the reason he hasn't signed on yet is we've offered him a year but other clubs are offering him a little more. I'd be fine with a year but would be annoyed if we got leveraged into giving him two more years.
Absolutely. He's one injury away from being crap again or retirement. Credit where is due this year but let's not kid ourselves.

Absolutely. He's one injury away from being crap again or retirement. Credit where is due this year but let's not kid ourselves.
Anyone at his age should be on year to year contracts. No way we should be offering more than 1 year to Tmac. Been arguably our most reliable defender this year surprisingly, but yeah, one calf strain away from retiring really.

Agree with others that we should be putting Petty down back now. Surely he's our future FB. Which means Tmac moves forward. Surely Tmac offers more forward than Petty?

Anyone at his age should be on year to year contracts. No way we should be offering more than 1 year to Tmac. Been arguably our most reliable defender this year surprisingly, but yeah, one calf strain away from retiring really.

Agree with others that we should be putting Petty down back now. Surely he's our future FB. Which means Tmac moves forward. Surely Tmac offers more forward than Petty?
I think on current form you leave TMac back and drop Petty. I would hope come the start of next year though that Petty is pushing TMac out of the team as a key defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think on current form you leave TMac back and drop Petty. I would hope come the start of next year though that Petty is pushing TMac out of the team as a key defender.
Agree. Petty looks pretty cooked this year. Did have some ok patches when he went back but arguably better off putting him in cotton wool for the rest of this season to target next. He had a shit preseason and it's shown all year. Let him freshen up for a proper crack at 2025

Very surprised he's re-signed given he was keen to leave last year; since then we've mismanaged his injury, thrown him to the wolves as a forward with no fitness & Goodwins negligent coaching to continue to let him rot on the vine has destroyed his confidence and turned him into a laughing stock in the competition.

I'm sure Adelaide wouldve taken plenty of coin off the table but I couldn't get out of this joint quick enough if I was him.

Very surprised he's re-signed given he was keen to leave last year; since then we've mismanaged his injury, thrown him to the wolves as a forward with no fitness & Goodwins negligent coaching to continue to let him rot on the vine has destroyed his confidence and turned him into a laughing stock in the competition.

I'm sure Adelaide wouldve taken plenty of coin off the table but I couldn't get out of this joint quick enough if I was him.
I dunno, guaranteed games and match payments even when you're the worst forward in the league? Can't get any better than this for him

Was about to say where has the club announcement been?

But no that makes sense, need to hold off so Windsor signs on so they don't get bashed on the socials by posting Petty on his own

CALEB WINDSOR & Harrison Petty RE-SIGNED

Two ripping tackles. A couple of good grabs. A goal. The board needs a new GREAT player now Sparrow has been dropped and I nominate Petty.
Just goes to show if you’re the worst player in the AFL and continue to get selected for a solid block of 15 games you might eventually do a couple of things that are AFL standard. I’ve always said this. 👨‍🎓

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #35: Harry Petty – is here for 3 more years, but is not a KPF or a ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back