Retired 36. Bradley Hartman (2013- 2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a scout that was heavily involved with Glenelg when we got Mackie from there. Had a break for a while and then joined Sturt which resulted in us getting GHS and now we have this fella from there as well. Hard to say if all three were the result of this scout's recommendation but if so, this pick is looking promising.

We were interested in Garner by all reports, and this guy seems to be our best option as a utility sized forward who has the potential to go through the middle at pick 77. Good to see Wells sticking to the list plan.

An exciting pick by the look of it, will certainly generate some interest initially in the VFL I suspect in 2013.

We were interested in Garner by all reports, and this guy seems to be our best option as a utility sized forward who has the potential to go through the middle at pick 77. Good to see Wells sticking to the list plan.

An exciting pick by the look of it, will certainly generate some interest initially in the VFL I suspect in 2013.

People need to remember he has just turned 18 and it seems basketball was his main game. Don't expect too much too soon. A few early glimpses of class and a bit of nous will do me.

Honestly sounds like he could be our greatest ever draft pick. His age suggests that he would likely have been looked at more closely next year and with natural progression could have been a higher draft pick then. But thats just my guess

My only concern would be where would he fit in? He seems like a rawer version of either a Menzel or Kersten, not that that's a bad thing. Good leap, can take a grab and kick a bag of goals. Maybe they see Menzel or this guy rolling through the midfield from time to time ala Stevie J?

If he can run and has some leg speed - could be winger. Can take a mark and can kick a goal. That is why I would like to see Mackie on the wing a bit more. Thise wingers who love goals just are great to have.

Picked it in 1 THP !!
We like them on the tallish side these days with plenty of skill , character , aerial ability and athleticism - notably we passed on Kennedy who is considerably shorter than Thurlow and Hartman.
I'm putting my 15YO on the rack tonight - got to put another 12cm on him if Wells and Co are going to look at him in 3 years time ;)

Honestly sounds like he could be our greatest ever draft pick. His age suggests that he would likely have been looked at more closely next year and with natural progression could have been a higher draft pick then. But thats just my guess

Im all about being glass 1/2 full but #$%@% me...that is the plug of the century....

Let's give him 24 hours at the club before we anoit the third coming.. (Snr and Jnr being the first 2 of course... ;))

GO Catters

Sounds like he has all the makings of a bit of Boris, Mack, HT and SJ all rolled into one.
Give him the slow cook on 125 degrees and come back in 2 years.....
Go for it.

And if he becomes 1/2 of any one of the aforementioned players from 77 Wells gets another statue.....

GO Catters

Ok so he can jump a bit. Pretty sure Folau could jump too. Lets not get too carried away. At a min , Id say we are looking at a Motlop type wait for the kid probably set him for a debut sometime in 2015/2016.

Not doubting the pick but he is a very late Hail Mary , and considering the kids that didn't get drafted Wells has gone for broke looking a big outcome with little to lose. For eg not only Garrlett who's footy talent is apparent to a blind man , but a kid like Sam Colquhoun who I like in the Champs expected to go in the 20-40 range or Pongracic or even Darcy Fort who could be ready to play when HM is finishing up.

Again Id never question Wells as he looks at the Micro and the Macro , but it may take a while to see if this pick is 'the best pick ever: etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im all about being glass 1/2 full but #$%@% me...that is the plug of the century....

Let's give him 24 hours at the club before we anoit the third coming.. (Snr and Jnr being the first 2 of course... ;))

GO Catters

As in the best pick coz he was taken at pick 77...

My only concern would be where would he fit in? He seems like a rawer version of either a Menzel or Kersten, not that that's a bad thing. Good leap, can take a grab and kick a bag of goals. Maybe they see Menzel or this guy rolling through the midfield from time to time ala Stevie J?
Definitely see Menzel making a transition to midfield one day. Despite all the good things that he has done up forward their is one piece of play that always sticks in my head that makes me believe this kid will be a star.

The one against Collingwood where they were rebounding out of the D50 and kicked it to Swan 1 on 1 with Menzel and Menzel schooled him. Made front position tapped the ball to his advantage gathered and accelerated away from Swan and bombed it 50 meters to Selwood in the FP who handed off to SJ for the goal.

Hartman (judging by his combine results) is far more athletic and mobile than Kersten and would probably play a similar sought of role to what Menzel does now.

Kersten on the other hand from what I have seen lacks the same sought of mobility. From what I have seen (which is admittedly only a handful of matches) seems more like a KPP in the way he plays and attributes he displays so I doubt they will clash.

Har

Hartman may turn out like a jarrah or O'Loughlin size in the end

Being only 17, there's a chance he'll top out at 190cm, might have a few cms left to grow.
Of course he's going to put on weight from what he'd be now.

Maybe Wells had a plan to take him in the 2012 draft knowing he'd shorten right up if left next year, allowing us to chase others in the next draft.
Grabbing him with a P77 might not be possible next year.

Each one of these videos have a small highlights package of Brad Hartman. He is wearing number 23 for Sturt. It takes time to sieve through each video, sometimes he is highlighted, sometimes he isn't so keep an eye out.

Make note that the first video features two Sturt games.

I'm sorry David but Peter Street will get a stand named after him before Caddy does.
Caddy is getting a little shed out the back, it will be called "The Josh Shack"

I'll go away now

Looking at the available videos.
Interestingly it was said he amassed his possessions at FF and playing at times in the Middle.
Sounds like he's got a big engine, doesn't mind covering ground to win a possession.
Could play anywhere in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back