AFL Player #36: Jayden Davey - Delisted - 23/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Why should he have been kept yodellinhank
Pace and goal sense, which we lack, I still think his ceiling is pretty high. He's had 1 season post juniors to make the grade. His dad hadn't even made an AFL list by his age if I'm not mistaken. So yeah, I think there's something to work with in Jayden that could've made a handy football player.

Pace and goal sense, which we lack, I still think his ceiling is pretty high. He's had 1 season post juniors to make the grade. His dad hadn't even made an AFL list by his age if I'm not mistaken. So yeah, I think there's something to work with in Jayden that could've made a handy football player.
He really needed to put in the work to show the club he was worthy of another contract. When you aren’t doing much on the field you really have to be buttoned up off field with your professionalism and training. Alwyn jnr the same, hopefully Jayden getting delisted is the reality check he needs to put in the work and grow over summer

Menzie - low ceiling but works his butt off.
Davey - high ceiling but not invested in high level self improvement.

This sums up the club’s focus, which is fine. The issue is that the club has had two players on the list with half the requirement of actually making it as an elite small forward. No pressure Kako, young man, but you really need to be the 2 in 1 we are crying out for.

We’ve moved a lot of people out - is that now 9 spaces open on the list? Can we practically add 9 players this off season? If not, then by letting Davey go we’re only saving salary money and not much else…. 🤷‍♂️

Wasn't he supposed to be the better of the two? Hell of a decision but I trust the club.

Why do you trust the club?
We’re only 12 months removed from them giving away an AA wing because he had “attitude issues” and they wanted to keep him locked in the VFL because of it.

Now another high talent guy gets let go for a similar reason. (Because it’s not talent) Just a wierd choice

Wasn't he supposed to be the better of the two? Hell of a decision but I trust the club.

More talented was I believe the comment used.

But a couple of ACL's might have taken away some of his agility and it doesn't sound like he was the hardest of workers to get it back. Might be the kind of guy that will reappear in a couple of years time with some more physical maturity and a bit of time outside the AFL system to decide if he really wants it.

Menzie - low ceiling but works his butt off.
Davey - high ceiling but not invested in high level self improvement.

This sums up the club’s focus, which is fine. The issue is that the club has had two players on the list with half the requirement of actually making it as an elite small forward. No pressure Kako, young man, but you really need to be the 2 in 1 we are crying out for.
Yeah that philosophy is also pretty evident in the Setterfield and Stringer calls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do you trust the club?
We’re only 12 months removed from them giving away an AA wing because he had “attitude issues” and they wanted to keep him locked in the VFL because of it.

Now another high talent guy gets let go for a similar reason. (Because it’s not talent) Just a wierd choice
Well why wouldn’t you trust the club? They see the guy’s work ethic. They know his ability. The know his medical records. If anyone had a better understanding of a player would it not be the club as opposed to that of a BigFooty posters opinion?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #36: Jayden Davey - Delisted - 23/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back