Player Watch #36: Kozzy Pickett – Signed until 2027! 🎉

Remove this Banner Ad

He's stagnated this year imo. I still reckon he has potential star qualities but I've got my doubts as to his consistency.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He's young ish ... but hardly a baby anymore.

You do love your Port midfielders tho

He could be. But he's also not kicked on this year so far like most people expected him to be.

I still like him as a player and rate his potential but I'm less all-in on him becoming a star now than I was a month or so ago.

🫶

Was wondering if you'd be petty enough to bring this up and you delivered in spades!

You can only judge what you can see at the time and his first few weeks of the season were pretty poor, so that made me wonder whether he would take the next step.

Congrats on the point scoring though, just what we need in the Kozi thread

Was wondering if you'd be petty enough to bring this up and you delivered in spades!

You can only judge what you can see at the time and his first few weeks of the season were pretty poor, so that made me wonder whether he would take the next step.

Take a joke mate thought it was pretty funny 😂

So, back on topic .. Kozzie was super disappointing tonight. Absolutely invisible on a night he should've shined.

Also, why is he no longer playing more midfield minutes??

So, back on topic .. Kozzie was super disappointing tonight. Absolutely invisible on a night he should've shined.

I think Goody has NFI what he's doing half the time tbh. Replacing Gus with Salem was such a dumb move but we all knew he'd do it. Which meant less or no midfield time for Kozzy. The one bloke who was likely not to fumble in those conditions. Goodwin hasn't changed anything from last year. We're losing the exact same way against the good sides.

All our smalls were disappointing. He definitely should've had more mid time. I spose the coaches saw rain/wet weather as an excuse to roll the 'big bodies' of Gus, Clarry, Viney through most of the time even though Port were killing us with agility and speed.

When a players destroys us like Butters did and over a dozen people have been giving TK it for months about "lolz, Ports midfield is better than ours LOLZ" I think this is only fair.

Butters is and always was a genuine star.

All our smalls were disappointing. He definitely should've had more mid time. I spose the coaches saw rain/wet weather as an excuse to roll the 'big bodies' of Gus, Clarry, Viney through most of the time even though Port were killing us with agility and speed.
Yep. Our small forwards were embarrassing last night in conditions totally suited for them. Chandler has hit a wall. Has looked lost last few weeks. Not sure we can roll with Chandler, ANB, Spargo and Kozzy. All of them go missing too often. Not sure what the answer is there. Maybe try Harmes? Howes? Not sure..

When a players destroys us like Butters did and over a dozen people have been giving TK it for months about "lolz, Ports midfield is better than ours LOLZ" I think this is only fair.

Butters is and always was a genuine star.

I'm shocked to be sitting here.

Yep. Our small forwards were embarrassing last night in conditions totally suited for them. Chandler has hit a wall. Has looked lost last few weeks. Not sure we can roll with Chandler, ANB, Spargo and Kozzy. All of them go missing too often. Not sure what the answer is there. Maybe try Harmes? Howes? Not sure..

I reckon part of the problem there is we tend to bypass half forward so often with our inside 50s.

Mids are always going to have higher inside 50 numbers, but here's a split:

Oliver, Trac and Viney - 17 inside 50s per game
ANB, Spargo, Kozzy, Chandler - 9.8 inside 50s per game

We actually rate pretty well for marks inside 50, but it feels like an area we can improve even more in if we actually use quality ball users inside 50 like Spargo, Kozzy and Chandler more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be yet another one that drops off once a contract is signed. There has to be something in that. So many drop away once their contracts are signed.

We actually rely heavily on Kozzy. If he's down we struggle. The pressure he brings, foot skills, speed and goals he provide are crucial to the result. I feel he's the Fire starter. He did it Round 1 where we looked flat, and he pulled us out of the funk. Plus he's the only one in our side who has real x factor. I don't know. Something in that. He's one if our most important players for a few reasons.

When a players destroys us like Butters did...
... the coach has to take a little bit of the heat? Had Trac watching on from the forward half for half the game, had a slightly rotund version of King Angus Brayshaw running around, and didn't bother putting a tag on.

Port are a good team and I don't think anyone here expected to walk all over them but that was some embarrassing shit last night.

"It's not us!!!!!"

... the coach has to take a little bit of the heat? Had Trac watching on from the forward half for half the game, had a slightly rotund version of King Angus Brayshaw running around, and didn't bother putting a tag on.

Port are a good team and I don't think anyone here expected to walk all over them but that was some embarrassing s**t last night.

"It's not us!!!!!"

No question, but Trac and Oliver go round untagged every week and everyone lauds them. That was a masterclass by Butters. We really should trade for him imo. Reckon hes gettable. Sparrow and a future third should be enough.

No question, but Trac and Oliver go round untagged every week and everyone lauds them. That was a masterclass by Butters. We really should trade for him imo. Reckon hes gettable. Sparrow and a future third should be enough.
You really think Clarry isn’t tagged most weeks? Never seen a player held more at centre bounces

Port are a good team and I don't think anyone here expected to walk all over them but that was some embarrassing s**t last night.

"It's not us!!!!!"
It was certainly one of the more bizarre games I've seen Goodwin coach.

• Starting a overweight and unfit Brayshaw in the midfield who then blows up 5 minutes into the quarter and is non existent for the whole game.

• Petracca spending majority of first half playing half forward. No coincidence that he was the main spark in the 3rd when he played pretty much whole quarter as an on baller.

• Pickett and Rivers getting barely any midfield minutes. Got slaughtered in the clearences especially in the 2nd quarter and we tried nothing different to mix it up.

• May kicking out. Wowee didn't this get predictable.. Port worked it out quick that May was dumping it left side so they got as many numbers to the contest to then completely out number us once the ball hit the ground. Time and time again this happened and Port just rebounded back and it placed enormous amount of pressure on our backs.

• Paying zero respect for Butters. Watched the North game last week and saw him absolutely dominate with such class. My first thought was maybe they'll send Viney to mind him around the stoppages but I was wrong. What's even infuriating was that Goodwin was asked during his presser about putting someone on him to curb his influence and Goody stated that they felt he had done all the damage in the first half and had discussions but decided not too. Could not believe it.

It seems stubborn and predictable Goodwin is back. Here i was thinking that there was a mindset coaching change in the off season but we're just back to where we were last year where the good teams worked us out easily. Unfortunately we have no Plan B.

Forward line is still a mess. We've had 6 months of pre season training to work out what our best forward mix is and I walked away Friday night still unsure what the hell is going on.

The good teams are now starting to settle their line up whereas our forward line is a hookers joint with our talls just rolling in and out because we don't even know what the best set up still.

Last edited:
Just realised I rambled all of that on a bloody Kozzie thread that really is no relevance to this thread...

Sorry koz.

Dont apologise, he deserves to have his thread vandalised with chat about something else after that missing persons performance on the weekend. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back