Past #36: Phoenix Spicer - drafted w/ #42 in 2020 ND - delisted end '23 - 12 NM games / 2 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Hine likes two South Adelaide small forwards who might fall in the 40s, Indigenous quick Phoenix Spicer and Beau McCreery. He's called their manager to probe which clubs are interested.

"North are all over Spicer," said Hine. "Forty-seven's our last pick."

To maximise their hopes of landing a coveted small forward, Guy and Hine do their final swap, this time with Port Adelaide, giving up that future fourth-rounder to move up from (now) 49 to 44.
Spicer has been taken by North at pick 42.

Collingwood, finally, drafted McCreery with pick 44 – their sixth selection in the 2020 national draft.

looking into this selection, a lot less speculative than gordon narrier was, hence taken in the national draft rather than rookie draft. really happy we are looking at run and carry players as that aspect of our game was sorely missing last few years, also good to get a South Adelade boy, went wand watched the panthers many years ago when trent hotton was there in his "tween" year and Mick Johnston (leongatha parrots, footscray) was there as well.

Spicy boi, you beauty!
Up the Panthers!
I am also a South Adelaide fan in the SANFL.

So from one Panther fan to another. I salute you. :thumbsu:

I go to South Adelaide Home games at Noarlunga. He looked solid in the ressies games I have seen this year.

I didnt expect him to get picked in this years draft. Maybe an outside shot as a rookie listed player. I was suprised he was taken this early at pick 42.

I reckon he will be a solid player for North.

I love his pace and ground work. I can see him being a small cruming forward like Hayden Ballantyne or a pacy half forward flanker lke chad wingard or Michael Walters.

I hope he does well at North.

Let me guess, you played golf with Spicer Sr?

I received a reply on Faceplant from someone close to him (the upside to having SA inlaws as it turns out) saying "look after our lad Phoenix......yadda yadda yadda........he broke his arm twice last year." This relo works at South Adelaide (I had no idea prior).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I received a reply on Faceplant from someone close to him (the upside to having SA inlaws as it turns out) saying "look after our lad Phoenix......yadda yadda yadda........he broke his arm twice last year." This relo works at South Adelaide (I had no idea prior).

6 degrees of separation and you’ve got world domination

Maybe an outside shot as a rookie listed player. I was suprised he was taken this early at pick 42.

I reckon he will be a solid player for North.

Thanks for post/wishes but that doesn't really make much sense to me.

So you didn't rate him to be drafted off what you've seen, but then he'll be a solid AFL standard player for North?

Which is it?

Pretty sure he’s from the Marion area. Went to Hamilton high school up until year 12, crossed over to Henley for his year 12 year(football program at the school) played his juniors at morphetville park and made his senior but at 15
Awesome opportunity for the kid and look where he’s ended up. Like those kinda stories.

Marion Represent!!

Love that he went to Hamilton, almost run campaigners over from that school on a daily basis. Let’s hope his year at Henley helped accelerate his football prowess and hopefully his work and training ethic.

Safe to say as a 15 yo he mustn’t have been punching cones out the back of the morphy parks clubrooms

Thanks for post/wishes but that doesn't really make much sense to me.

So you didn't rate him to be drafted off what you've seen, but then he'll be a solid AFL standard player for North?

Which is it?
Bit of both. He wasnt rated that Highly and didnt Stand out a similar reason Lachie Neale didnt stand out: Due to his height.

Did I rate him? Yes I did but I didnt expect him to be taken in the National draft. I expected him to be taken as a rookie pick.

I do think under Your new coach and new facilities, I think he will improve a fair bit. I can see him become a Solid AFL player at North.

798418.jpg
798417.jpg

798416.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #36: Phoenix Spicer - drafted w/ #42 in 2020 ND - delisted end '23 - 12 NM games / 2 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back