Past #36: Tyler Sellers - delisted end '24 after 2 NM AFL games &being an integral part of VFL program - thanks Tyler

Remove this Banner Ad

He has to play. Our forward line structure is putrid, and having either Greenwood or Zurhaar as the pseudo key forward just isn’t working at all, and it hasn’t worked over the last 18 months to be fair. Larkey needs the help and Zurhaar needs to be matched up on someone who isn’t a key defender.

Sellers has natural forward craft, is a contested marking threat and his fitness is far superior when compared to someone like CCJ. If they are worried about defensive effort it really isn’t going to make much of a difference when you have Curtis, Stephenson, Zurhaar all avg less than than 1 tackle inside 50 per game.

He has to play. Our forward line structure is putrid, and having either Greenwood or Zurhaar as the pseudo key forward just isn’t working at all, and it hasn’t worked over the last 18 months to be fair. Larkey needs the help and Zurhaar needs to be matched up on someone who isn’t a key defender.

Sellers has natural forward craft, is a contested marking threat and his fitness is far superior when compared to someone like CCJ. If they are worried about defensive effort it really isn’t going to make much of a difference when you have Curtis, Stephenson, Zurhaar all avg less than than 1 tackle inside 50 per game.
When I saw sellers live kick his bag of goals at Arden st a few weeks ago. I saw him kick those goals in a variety of types . Which is a great sign of a good player.
Outside 50
On the run
snap shot
Pinned someone HB
Mark & goal
The guy has a number of weapons in his toolbox. A lot more than some getting games in our senior team now …

Last edited:

Larkey put Sellers’ name forward to Clarko to add him to our list. Larkey is desperate for a decent chop out up forward. Put him in Clarko
Would love him to play next week but Geelong at Geelong with there defence might not be wise as I could see what could happen with him being double team have no influence then dropped.
If anything let him kick 3 to 6 goals in the VFL since he didn’t play last week.
Bring him in for the Hawthorn game where’s there’s a chance we could get a win plus it’s a Home game might inspire him to do well as making a debut in front of 80k Geelong fans at the TPFS
(Tax Payer Funded Stadium)would destroy all his confidence being a 1st game and could really struggle if dropped and struggled to find form in the VFL which could potentially put him in delisting territory come seasons end.

Would love him to play next week but Geelong at Geelong with there defence might not be wise as I could see what could happen with him being double team have no influence then dropped.
If anything let him kick 3 to 6 goals in the VFL since he didn’t play last week.
Bring him in for the Hawthorn game where’s there’s a chance we could get a win plus it’s a Home game might inspire him to do well as making a debut in front of 80k Geelong fans at the TPFS
(Tax Payer Funded Stadium)would destroy all his confidence being a 1st game and could really struggle if dropped and struggled to find form in the VFL which could potentially put him in delisting territory come seasons end.

I want him in but I am worried about this. Very frustrated with this **** fixture. Hopefully he understands the uphill battle we're gonna have against the Cats and doesn't take it personally. Cooper was blooded in Kardinia last year and did okay...

Has to come in.

We have to bring in aerial presence so Geelong cannot intercept.

Dogs had Darcy, Naughton and JUH in the forward 50. We can't go in with just Larkey. On a ground that rewards teams that can clunk long and direct kicks, it's a no brainer.

A strong preseason in which he should bulk up a bit to around 96, 97 kg will make him much stronger and mature for 2025.

Agree with this. He is definitely a long term prospect. Bringing him in too soon will not help his confidence. Same goes for a few others (George, WDawson, Hardeman).

Maybe a mid to late season debut and then build for next year.

We don't need to sacrifice player development for the sake of a hopeful band-aid fix that will do more harm than good.

He is an interesting person. His mother is CEO of Asahi Beverages Oceania. She would be on plenty. That’s a huge business with plenty of leverage. He must LOVE playing footy !
Maybe Clarko is refusing to play him until she brings back Asahi Black. If so, fair enough.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree with this. He is definitely a long term prospect. Bringing him in too soon will not help his confidence. Same goes for a few others (George, WDawson, Hardeman).

Maybe a mid to late season debut and then build for next year.

We don't need to sacrifice player development for the sake of a hopeful band-aid fix that will do more harm than good.
He can return to the VFL if needed. We are so conservative with changing the sacred 23.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can return to the VFL if needed. We are so conservative with changing the sacred 23.

Yep.

There's a case for being a little careful with some younger blokes coming in to a side going to Geelong when we're not travelling well, there's little case for being conservative with a somewhat mature aged KPP though. if Comben was right to go then so is this bloke, he doesn't need to kick 10 goals, just needs to be a threat and kick 1 early to completely change how teams structure against us.

I don't know what the answer pace wise is but we need to find a bloke on our list with some jets and half a brain and plonk him down there and get one of Stephenson, Zurhaar, Curtis or Simpkin out of the way. We have zero forward pressure at the drop and need a makeshift solution urgently.

Yep.

There's a case for being a little careful with some younger blokes coming in to a side going to Geelong when we're not travelling well, there's little case for being conservative with a somewhat mature aged KPP though. if Comben was right to go then so is this bloke, he doesn't need to kick 10 goals, just needs to be a threat and kick 1 early to completely change how teams structure against us.

I don't know what the answer pace wise is but we need to find a bloke on our list with some jets and half a brain and plonk him down there and get one of Stephenson, Zurhaar, Curtis or Simpkin out of the way. We have zero forward pressure at the drop and need a makeshift solution urgently.
Call me a heretic, but I'd like to see Wardlaw get a go as a small forward; bring in Phillips for the CBAs

Last edited:
Call me a heretic, but I'd like to see Wardlaw get as a small forward; bring in Phillips for the CBAs
angry homer simpson GIF

Call me a heretic, but I'd like to see Wardlaw get a go as a small forward; bring in Phillips for the CBAs
That's actually a good idea. Worth considering if they need to give him some more time out of the congestion. Exactly the right "type" for a forward pressure role, not a long term need out of him obviously but well worth thinking about.

Incidentally, am I blind or is CBCo no longer a NM sponsor?
Contract was signed up until end of 2023, doesn't appear to have been renewed, no longer on official sponsors list.

Colonial also lost their deal with *
Interesting.
I’d say it would have more to do with the fact that they weren’t getting value for money from their sponsorships. Wouldn’t be cheap to sponsor an AFL club even at a lower level, probably just decided that the marketing budget was better off spent elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #36: Tyler Sellers - delisted end '24 after 2 NM AFL games &being an integral part of VFL program - thanks Tyler

Remove this Banner Ad

Back