Past #36: Tyler Sellers - delisted end '24 after 2 NM AFL games &being an integral part of VFL program - thanks Tyler

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how other clubs bring players like Camminiti, Newcombe, Noble et al into the AFL straight from lower leagues with aplomb but we need to put our mature age draftees through an extensive acclimation program to qualify for a place in our crack elite senior unit.

I’d say it would have more to do with the fact that they weren’t getting value for money from their sponsorships. Wouldn’t be cheap to sponsor an AFL club even at a lower level, probably just decided that the marketing budget was better off spent elsewhere.
If that is the case, it’s an interesting choice to go from * to North & think you’ll get more ‘value for money’

Agree with this. He is definitely a long term prospect. Bringing him in too soon will not help his confidence. Same goes for a few others (George, WDawson, Hardeman).

Maybe a mid to late season debut and then build for next year.

We don't need to sacrifice player development for the sake of a hopeful band-aid fix that will do more harm than good.

Well, i can't argue with that. A lot of posts on here, fb, twitter etc are seeing the team as if they are playing AFL video game where it's player x is bad, let's get player y in. The games do not factor in the effect on the team with a new player. Comben coming in and settle is no.1 priority. Then by midseason, seller comes in to get himself established at chf and by then more teams will be weakened due to the toll of the season with injuries so he will get a much easier transition into the A league.

As for bignoa and w.dawson, they are longterm prospect. Let them get conformtable at vfl. I do remember bignoa lining up at fb so in due time, he could come in as a defender. Same as dawson, a key defender it seems. Both are around 2m tall and very mobile and excellent in the air.

Not at all, I raised this last year.....he's good over head, he tackles like a maniac and can slot em through. Fwd pressure is exactly what we need.

COuld work but i dont think the club will tinker with a player with decent form in his position. Perhaps will phillips can play this defensive fwd pressure player.

Colonial also lost their deal with *
Interesting.
marklovesbeer From memory the Bombres* went with CUB. More money, worse beer... perfect for those at *

The Colonial/CBC co beer was a good bonus at AFLW home games and will be missed considering the usual alternative of mid-strength mega-swill on offer at most footy grounds.

*I may not always remember to get to work on time but I can remember their cheer squad misspelling the nickname as Bombres.

marklovesbeer From memory the Bombres* went with CUB. More money, worse beer... perfect for those at *

The Colonial/CBC co beer was a good bonus at AFLW home games and will be missed considering the usual alternative of mid-strength mega-swill on offer at most footy grounds.

*I may not always remember to get to work on time but I can remember their cheer squad misspelling the nickname as Bombres.
I like the new mushroom and cherry sour IRA release.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like the new mushroom and cherry sour IRA release.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm guessing that's from CBCo and not CUB...

I like a good IRA beer, went through a home brewing phase of trying to perfect my recipe for it. Have never really got into the sour beers though. I've also never tried wine with a dead snake in it so maybe I'm just not bold enough.

I understand waiting on Maley.

Sellers should be an in this week.
Maley's game revolves around contested marking and splitting packs and providing a contest in the air. Not sure that it's such a rocket science that he needs to spend years learning team structures or whatever. Yes his kicking is an issue but it's not going to improve quickly anyway, and more to the point, the way we are going we can't really lose anything by trying him sooner rather than later.

Sellers is a no brainer

sellers is definitely going to come in, no doubt but not this week, not next. Not until midseason break. Comben needs to settle in and then sellers to come in to settle in the second half of the year.

By the end of the year, we should have the spine rudimentarily setup and this spine can work for the next 10 years. Fullback is the only one missing and this dude can be a big money recruit. But in the mean time pink dawson can be stopgap.

sellers is definitely going to come in, no doubt but not this week, not next. Not until midseason break. Comben needs to settle in and then sellers to come in to settle in the second half of the year.

By the end of the year, we should have the spine rudimentarily setup and this spine can work for the next 10 years. Fullback is the only one missing and this dude can be a big money recruit. But in the mean time pink dawson can be stopgap.
Let's just use this season for Comben to settle in, then next season for Sellers, then we can start integrating Will Dawson in in 2026 when he's hopefully ready. Should be ready to win 6-8 games by 2027 :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's just use this season for Comben to settle in, then next season for Sellers, then we can start integrating Will Dawson in in 2026 when he's hopefully ready. Should be ready to win 6-8 games by 2027 :)
Will Dawson will play seniors later this year, he'll be a regular in 2025 and by 2026 the esteemed journalists will be rewriting history and saying how astute North were to draft him at pick 22 and why did so many other clubs pass on him. He's going to be that good.

Maley's game revolves around contested marking and splitting packs and providing a contest in the air. Not sure that it's such a rocket science that he needs to spend years learning team structures or whatever. Yes his kicking is an issue but it's not going to improve quickly anyway, and more to the point, the way we are going we can't really lose anything by trying him sooner rather than later.

Sellers is a no brainer

I’m not saying years on Maley, I do understand giving him more than just a couple of VFL games is all I am saying.

Will Dawson will play seniors later this year, he'll be a regular in 2025 and by 2026 the esteemed journalists will be rewriting history and saying how astute North were to draft him at pick 22 and why did so many other clubs pass on him. He's going to be that good.
Honestly if Will can string a month of decent footy together against men I’d drop Corr for him.

Yeah let’s wait until 2030 to bring Sellers , Mayley And who ever else

Are yiu ****ing serious? 🤣🤣🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

Well, i can't argue with that. A lot of posts on here, fb, twitter etc are seeing the team as if they are playing AFL video game where it's player x is bad, let's get player y in. The games do not factor in the effect on the team with a new player. Comben coming in and settle is no.1 priority. Then by midseason, seller comes in to get himself established at chf and by then more teams will be weakened due to the toll of the season with injuries so he will get a much easier transition into the A league.

As for bignoa and w.dawson, they are longterm prospect. Let them get conformtable at vfl. I do remember bignoa lining up at fb so in due time, he could come in as a defender. Same as dawson, a key defender it seems. Both are around 2m tall and very mobile and excellent in the air.

I think that's being a little simplistic. Most of us who want to see Sellers in the team is for structural reasons as our current forward line isn't working.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #36: Tyler Sellers - delisted end '24 after 2 NM AFL games &being an integral part of VFL program - thanks Tyler

Remove this Banner Ad

Back