Player Watch #37: Cooper Harvey - syndesmosis injury vs Nthrn Bullants in VFL - will miss six weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

I thougt the same thing regarding my box of plug packs, just right now when the power came back on it killed a network switches power supply, luckily had one in my trusty box.

However this translates on keeping another underwhelming forward on the list is anyones guess.
It's possible, hear me out, that the connection is tenuous.

How do you call a player less than six feet tall a medium forward?

Plays medium though IMO, certainly at AFL level. Doesn't have that zip or agility on the ground. Can only see him as a HF pressing midfield at AFL level, push deep and up field. Would need a stack of fitness and want to grind himself into the ground for others to get the glory 99% of the time and slot the odd goal himself.

I think/hope he survives and i also think he makes it.

If he can get his body right I could see him playing a role similar to Ginivan. He doesn't fumble, is a decent 1 vs 1 player and needs to build a tank to be able to get up and down the ground.

Hope we keep him.

I reckon he's out the door if we are successful with the bulk of our experienced targets but if it's lean a year on the rookie list with a bootprint on his buttcheeks ain't a bad outcome.

thin ice shade GIF by WE tv

Ice Skater Falls Through Thin Ice GIF by ViralHog

He's pretty similar to Archer in that if there wasn't a family connection he probably wouldn't have been drafted.

Archer and many others have shown that undrafted/close to undrafted players can still be guns, just as those highly rated ones can be duds.

We would be incredibly fortunate if Harvey ends up as good as Archer who has surprised nearly everyone, even those who were optimistic of his prospects.

He's pretty similar to Archer in that if there wasn't a family connection he probably wouldn't have been drafted.

Archer and many others have shown that undrafted/close to undrafted players can still be guns, just as those highly rated ones can be duds.

We would be incredibly fortunate if Harvey ends up as good as Archer who has surprised nearly everyone, even those who were optimistic of his prospects.
Coop was a high production player as a junior

Was top 3 in his league bnf at 15
Played vic metro at 18s level and had an impact as a forward

Got a lot of ball at tac cup level in the games he played midfield for northern knights

He’s got serious talent

What is Coops up to at the moment? I hope for his sake he's at the club at least every second day actually showing he wants another contract. If not, oh well.

It's back to the wall stuff for Coops right now. Curtis and Zurhaar both signing new contracts this year and the recruitment of Duursma last year. These are the guys he's competing against. There are only so many spots available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #37: Cooper Harvey - syndesmosis injury vs Nthrn Bullants in VFL - will miss six weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back