Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Geelong in Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

Whenever the socials post those 'This guy is looking for a call-up' during the week the guy in the thumbnail is pretty much a lock for an in every time, Stevo's return has been known šŸ˜‚

This is true, but my posts were before that.

Happy to see Sleevo back in because it means Clarko still believes he has something to offer. However, he really needs to start showing something.

If he doesn't see this as his greatest opportunity yet to make something of his career then he is beyond saving. I've been a Stevo believer in the past and I'd love to see him contribute to the team.

There's a lot of valid things to criticise Sleevo for.

But a lack of running/speed isn't one of them.

This notion we're now a slow side this week is weird.

Stevo will be at half back on a very short leash. If struggles and out of place they will move Scott back there. Massive concern with D50 transition however I would imagine will be a contested physical game if we get it on our terms.

I like Phillips and Duursma in. Phillips to tag Holmes or Miers. Duursma needs the last 4-5 games of the season regardless of form. Get games into him and see how he goes as the 5th option rather then the 3rd.

1 of the 6 midfielders will also spend a lot of time at half back- similar to the Melbourne game. Likely Powell.

Last edited:
Thatā€™ll do.

With those injuries we werenā€™t left with many options.

Wonder if Sheeze goes back to set it all up.
Already posted thatā€¦
He will be back to deal with Lmacs hot potato to the feet handballs

Good to see Zane and Phillips back even if it's because of injuries.
Stevo was always going to come in once it was floated. Surely last chance saloon for him.
McKercher rest was on the cards, was a bit of doubt last week. Need to manage him through.
Would've liked to have seen Hardemann over Stevo but anway we'll see how he goes.
Wonder if they might throw Zane down back to have a look at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Z.Tuohy (managed) is a big call. Might be a little arrogant IMO. Cats could be out of the 8 with a loss this w/e.

They're quite used to flogging us by now. I worry that nothing has changed (like when they rested Hawkins earlier this year and didn't miss a beat) but considering our recent form, in particular the midfield's, they seem very jumpable - much moreso than Carlton were IMO.

Seeing Jackson Archer in your side, whatever happened to Harvey's son. Had a few decent moments against us in of these games, albeit up against Mullen which is probably the kindest initiation you are going to get at AFL level.

We will probably get another look at him before season's end. He has been struggling to break into our forward line for whatever reason (haven't seen much of him in the VFL this year but I hear he's been pretty good?). I wouldn't be surprised to see him come in for Hansen Jr if the latter has another quiet game.

Animated GIF
Only reason heā€™s in is as a result of 2 forced outs and we have no one else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Geelong in Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

Back