Delisted 37. Sam Simpson (2017 - 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

As expected he takes Dad's old number.

And he looks very much like the old man too. Simo would be wasting his time stealing a bit of the boy's hair for a DNA test. No doubts there at all.

And he looks very much like the old man too. Simo would be wasting his time stealing a bit of the boy's hair for a DNA test. No doubts there at all.

Has there ever been that type of DNA situation? The closest I can think of , there was a Father Son from Brent Crosswell that did not bare the Crosswell name Tom Kavanagh. I wonder how far the FS could be pushed if the FS was of such a standard. Imagine a kid of a Hawkins or Weitering u18 rep if they had been adopted at birth by club legend.

Has there ever been that type of DNA situation? The closest I can think of , there was a Father Son from Brent Crosswell that did not bare the Crosswell name Tom Kavanagh. I wonder how far the FS could be pushed if the FS was of such a standard. Imagine a kid of a Hawkins or Weitering u18 rep if they had been adopted at birth by club legend.

Bobby Davis wanted to adopt Luke Hodge in his draft year ;)

If the kid was adopted before reaching a serious footy playing age, maybe a fair cut off would be the start of high school, then I don't think you could complain too much.

Still think he wouldn't have even been a consideration if his last name wasn't Simpson, has a long road ahead of him.

Still think he wouldn't have even been a consideration if his last name wasn't Simpson, has a long road ahead of him.

I think that you will find that most rookies have a hard road ahead of them.
One LTI and it can be curtains for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better than Parfitt? Or do you mean the rookie draft? Even then Zuthrie looked the part in the NAB Challenge.
Yeah better than Parfitt. Obviously hasn't come close to doing what Parfitt has over a whole game.
But some of the small things and some passages of play show he could be a gun. (To me anyway).

Lets hope they don't require a hair sample for your next DNA test Rabbi......

I have thought about getting one of those Ancestry DNA jobs.
I would have to sent them a liquid sample wouldn't I?

Still way too early to say he's going to be a gun.

He moves well, looks like he has good evasiveness, pace is ok.

I saw him attack the ball quite nicely a couple of times by putting his head over the ball, which probably says he will be able to get some contested footy. He's probably got more grunt than a Darcy Lang as a comparison, I thought Lang was going to develop into a James Kelly type, but I think this guy is closer to the James Kelly type if he can bulk up a bit.

Need to see if he will lose any of the pace/evasiveness once he puts on kgs.

We probably won't really know what he is capable of until his 3rd season, needs to bulk up quite a bit.

Yes he’s injured. He’s done a calf high up behind his knee which has fluid on it and extremely inflamed.
oh crap...

Wanted him to get a full year this year...

any idea on timeline?

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back